Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Newcastle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Newcastle have been Premier also-rans for so many years now, I guess checking out teams in the bottom half of the table, is a hard habit to break.

Thanks Roy. Quite reasonable comments all round from them really.
Not going to slag them too much as I've always found them a good bunch whenever I've met any including the lot who showed us a proper night out when we went up there for a stag do 15 years ago.
That said,dare I say I'm just a bit confident we might nick summat against these.

Some balanced and fairly well informed views there. You can tell that the glory tourists haven’t infiltrated their boards yet

I’m sorry. That’s just a noise. Didn’t understand a word of it.

As ever Roy delivering at premier league level, reckon the boys will turn up Sunday and deliver three points. We’re getting better and not far off producing the levels required ⚔️

Not a single Yh-hi there, recon they are all southern hangers on cus they are in the money now. Strange how rich backers seem to draw in all the knows nowt, wanna be's, attempting to be proper Geordies, in Newcastle's case. Sad.
Slapped, arse faced Howe, alus looks like he is about to whinge or burst into tears. Over rated.
3-1 Blades, thank you Roy. :cool:

After a difficult away game in Milan where they did well tbf. I would have fancied us for something here, maybe even 3 points 👀 but without mcburnie I think the ball will come back time and again and we will be on the end of another (narrow) defeat. Possibly 0-2. Hope I'm wrong though. One thing it will force us to do is either try and build the play from the back through the midfield or play in behind them. Because archer is not going to win anything with balls up to him.

Swinging from reasonably well informed to idiotic; I do not like this quote (for footballing reasons):
"One of the characteristics of the new NUFC is our fitness in the second half of games. Let’s see how long Sheffield can battle for."

Said elsewhere, fancy us to get a result this weekend. 1-1.
It's not easy going away in Europe midweek and then travelling away again. I expect (hope for) them to be carrying a bit of a hangover.

Their comments are probably correct though. We will park the bus, congest the middle of the field and push them wide.
Sadly, I don't think we have much else in our locker just yet.

The worry is, can we defend crosses coming into our box for 100 minutes? So far, we've found that difficult.
Newcastle are a fit team and we're really lacking in that area due to so many new players and not much of a pre-season. Important we use our subs wisely and have some kind of out ball when we're penned in.

Still, I think we've found our feet quite quickly in the league and will be heartened by our last few displays.

Guessing not(!), but any chance Slimane can play behind Archer and hold the ball up a bit, Oli Mc style? I know he's played attacking midfield roles before.

Said elsewhere, fancy us to get a result this weekend. 1-1.
It's not easy going away in Europe midweek and then travelling away again. I expect (hope for) them to be carrying a bit of a hangover.

Their comments are probably correct though. We will park the bus, congest the middle of the field and push them wide.
Sadly, I don't think we have much else in our locker just yet.

The worry is, can we defend crosses coming into our box for 100 minutes? So far, we've found that difficult.
Newcastle are a fit team and we're really lacking in that area due to so many new players and not much of a pre-season. Important we use our subs wisely and have some kind of out ball when we're penned in.

Still, I think we've found our feet quite quickly in the league and will be heartened by our last few displays.
Yep, that's where McBurnie's absence will be felt as well when defending corners. We just look so weak defending corners when he's not there.

Roy please don’t do a post match view from - we’ll allow you to use one of your 3 freebies.

Cheers,
Everyone

Back
Top Bottom