Roy's View From... Pre-match View From Man City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“They’ve signed Archer. That’s straight to the point but doubt we’ll be quivering in our boots about him.
Unlikely to be on target for them as all his shots are straight as an arrow and he doesnt have any other strings to his bow.”

“It doesn’t bowed well for them if he can’t play.”

Yes very droll

It’s a shame what’s happening to our game. Don’t think anything can be done about it tbh but I’d like to see them eff off to some European Super League where they can play Real Madrid and the like four times a season.

As long as they totally leave the Premier League along with Liverpool etc and never darken it’s doorstep again.

I think this new Saudi league may be more likely to make the European Super league more of a possibility in the coming years. So far, it's always been shouted down by the fans as it's completely against the ethics of what domestic football has become. Despite all the money that has come into the game, the integrity of the competition has largely remained intact, throughout.

I can imagine the views of many supporters and board members of the top clubs may change their minds regarding the super league should they begin to lose out on the very best players to Saudi. It's already pretty clear that European clubs will struggle to compete on a purely financial basis, if the Saudi league becomes anywhere near as popular and as competitive as the European game then it's only a matter of time before Uefa will want to put something in place to compete with it. The only way they can do that is by breaking up the current domestic structure and having the best European teams playing each other every week.

“Can anyone recommend a small team* that I can start to follow as it is getting a bit repetitive supporting Manchester City, week in week out being the best team in the world. There is no jeopardy anymore, I remember when I was glad when we had 40 points on the board“

I wonder if a few City fans really are beginning to think this? They really are destroying football with their unlimited money, not even the other big clubs can realistically compete financially with them.

For me it’s taking all the fun out of it. Probably every Blade is expecting a defeat and the best we can hope for is to keep the score down. Not so against Liverpool and the like, we’d go into those games at least with the hope of a win but I just don’t feel it when we play City.

How many didn’t go to Wembley because it was them? I personally know of five or six blades who didn’t go who had it been virtually anyone else, would have.

It’s a shame what’s happening to our game. Don’t think anything can be done about it tbh but I’d like to see them eff off to some European Super League where they can play Real Madrid and the like four times a season.

As long as they totally leave the Premier League along with Liverpool etc and never darken it’s doorstep again.
Had we drawn either of the other two teams for that semi, I'd have flown in for the game. Just didn't see the point for city.

I think this new Saudi league may be more likely to make the European Super league more of a possibility in the coming years. So far, it's always been shouted down by the fans as it's completely against the ethics of what domestic football has become. Despite all the money that has come into the game, the integrity of the competition has largely remained intact, throughout.

I can imagine the views of many supporters and board members of the top clubs may change their minds regarding the super league should they begin to lose out on the very best players to Saudi. It's already pretty clear that European clubs will struggle to compete on a purely financial basis, if the Saudi league becomes anywhere near as popular and as competitive as the European game then it's only a matter of time before Uefa will want to put something in place to compete with it. The only way they can do that is by breaking up the current domestic structure and having the best European teams playing each other every week.
Or scrapping ffp.

City fans are a funny bunch. Always found them to be pretty arrogant online, even when we were a half decent prem team under Wilder they were less than complimentary compared to what I read from Man U and Liverpool fans etc.

We met a few of them in various pubs before the semi final last season and a couple of them were bordering on pessimistic before that one. Still, I think they have every right to be confident before this. Despite it being largely the same defence that played in the semi, I think we played out of our skins to keep Haaland quiet that day.

Not at all confident but there could be a perfect storm of things for them, a few injuries, no Pep.......and then I'm struggling tbf but you never know, although we all do know, but still. Hopefully Hecky has a better way with words than that.

“More than likely a physical encounter”

”Sheffield”

“relegation fodder”

“I can see them causing us one or two issues from set pieces”

“We will need a strong ref because their only chance is to kick us off the park”

Disappointed Roygbiv couldn‘t find a “hardworking” or a “Bramhall” to complete the set, but you can’t have everything.

2-1 United.

My daughters boyfriend who’s a Man City fan says he’s not going to the match as he knows that they’ll win so that’s how cocky they are but that’s young Mancs! On the whole though they are arguably the best team in the world so I can understand the comments I’d settle for 0-0 that’s the equivalent of a win for me.

A great bunch of lads. From a Sheffield Wednesday fan

As is the case with lots of “big six” clubs there’s definitely a split between the old school fans and the Jonny come lately new fans who have jumped on board when they became successful. Have known quite a few Manchester City fans over the years and in many ways they were always quite similar to us in outlook. Under achieving biggish clubs who had essentially won bugger all for years leading to a glass half empty outlook on their team.
The arrogance you see now wasn’t really that obvious before all the money landed in their laps.

Did one of them call us the Tykes!?

Why are Yorkshire folk called Tykes?

Originally "tyke" was a highly derogatory word, meaning "a crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement"; southerners used the term against Yorkshiremen.

Cheers Roy 👍

I'm predicting 2.2.

What a bunch of utter c*nts! Talk about ungracious. Not many teams get to illegally spend billions to be the best team in the world. Utterly arrogant wankers and I really really hope for an upset.

This and Lincoln midweek are our last 2 pre season games in my view
Get players up to speed and integrated
Everton at home next week should be our aim to get something from
I expect to get beaten but will enjoy watching the match 1-3 that’ll do for me.

Had to tell a couple of them to fuck off at Wembley. Arrogant smug cunts. Can’t stand Noel fucking Gallagher either.

I expected no less from them tbh … says it all when one of em is calling us the Tykes ? .. who knows every once in a while there’s an upset ?
Used to know some of their lot & have a lot of time for them before the oil money came in .
All change now most of there support now are bandwagon jumpers & the Cheshire Set complete with Range Rover & Pony Club membership

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom