Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Hull

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This alleged hatred between the 2 clubs was clearly before my time.

I genuinely could not give a fuck about them. They are just another team we need to beat.
Its amazing the number of teams that believe we're their rivals

I'd say that our rivals are only really Wednesday, possibly Leeds, Chesterfield, Barnsley and Rotherham... thats it. Theres obviously others who we've had run in's with other the years for various reasons that could be a bit spicy, Hull's probably one of them, though they probably hate Paddy Kenny more than SUFC!

To be reight we ave pissed on their chips a few times over the years so any animosity could be somewhat understandable:
71 - beat em to promotion including 5-1(?) gubbing on a Tuesday night
Seem to recall they’d kicked fuck out of us (on the pitch)earlier that season or the one afore

81- (4th division) promotion ‘rivals’ & ‘stole’ Edwards back off em (he scored agin us in 1 of only 4 defeats)

84- beat em to promotion by scoring 1 more goal than them - must have been around 200 Blades at Burnley v Hull where they won 2-0 (needing 3-0) in a rearranged game after our fixtures were complete

06’ they’re fighting relegation lose 3-2 @ Lane - Paddy should have been sent off / Rhino last minute winner

nb may be worth checking some of the detail with someone who possesses a better (less addled) memory 🤔

Thanks Roy. Was quite happy with some of those comments, but then they went and called us 'Blunts' in that unoriginal, 'can't-think-of-a- decent insult' type way that the truly mongy fans seem to resort to.Laughing to themselves like a couple of orangutans who've just found the fact they've got feet hilarious.
Hull fans, you've let yourselves down.
Aye
But we’ll own em tomorrow with that classic put-down ‘sing when you’re fishing’🤔

“Sheff Utd always bring loads don’t they, hate us.”

I've got confused by the fixture list several times because I'm incapable of remembering there's a difference between Hull and Huddersfield. All I know is one seems to hate us more than the other but I have no idea which or why. They both begin with a Huh sound and that's all I know.

My First away game since before covid opposition not scored for 6 games. It's got All the makings of a right day! ... For hull that is 😂

To be reight we ave pissed on their chips a few times over the years so any animosity could be somewhat understandable:
71 - beat em to promotion including 5-1(?) gubbing on a Tuesday night
Seem to recall they’d kicked fuck out of us (on the pitch)earlier that season or the one afore

81- (4th division) promotion ‘rivals’ & ‘stole’ Edwards back off em (he scored agin us in 1 of only 4 defeats)

84- beat em to promotion by scoring 1 more goal than them - must have been around 200 Blades at Burnley v Hull where they won 2-0 (needing 3-0) in a rearranged game after our fixtures were complete

06’ they’re fighting relegation lose 3-2 @ Lane - Paddy should have been sent off / Rhino last minute winner

nb may be worth checking some of the detail with someone who possesses a better (less addled) memory 🤔
We lost the Tuesday night fixture day. I think you maybe getting mixed up with the Cardiff fixture.

We lost the Tuesday night fixture day. I think you maybe getting mixed up with the Cardiff fixture
I’ll stand correcting but pretty sure scheduled season ended previous Satdi (beat Newport 2-0 ; ‘ull lost or drew?)
Their final rescheduled ( no idea why) game was the following midweek v Burnley - we didn’t have a game (left)

edit: fount of all knowledge that is thickipedia suggests our last game was Sat 12(Newport) : ‘ulls Tues 15 (Burnley) having played (drawn) on 12th

I’ll stand correcting but pretty sure scheduled season ended previous Satdi (beat Newport 2-0 ; ‘ull lost or drew?)
Their final rescheduled ( no idea why) game was the following midweek v Burnley - we didn’t have a game (left)

edit: fount of all knowledge that is thickipedia suggests our last game was Sat 12(Newport) : ‘ulls Tues 15 (Burnley) having played (drawn) on 12th

I think that was referring to 71 not 84

“Sheffield United is probably the least hated Yorkshire rival.
The other club in Sheffield however…”

“thankfully they are not Sheffield Wednesday and won’t claim to have won the game based on how many fans attend!”

At least a few of them know a bit about football we can all agree with the above.

People from Hull in Not All As Thick As We Thought Shocker!!!!!

“thankfully they are not Sheffield Wednesday and won’t claim to have won the game based on how many fans attend!”

One thing I will give Hull fans credit for is highlighting how ridiculous the Sheffield Wednesday MASSIVE are.

This alleged hatred between the 2 clubs was clearly before my time.

I genuinely could not give a fuck about them. They are just another team we need to beat.
Old rivalry from 70s & 80s and was quite lively on visits there in 3rd & 4th Division , I haven’t given a flying fk about them for years tbh .. 100% a team we need to record a win against 👍

Last edited:
Strange lot, 'ullroveons and mi experiences go back to1954ish, school games, winter&summer.
Confident, but must say team selection will be paramount.
Thank you Roy.

I know i’m a bit off topic here, but back in the early 80’s was the front of Hulls away end below the pitch?? I’m sure i can remember Edwards scoring last minute?? (I may be dreaming this since as i was about 15/16 at the time and i’m now 55 😂)
Large divided side terrace between home & away fans with station platform directly behind it at Boothferry Park. The afore mentioned was falling apart and generally provided ammunition for both warring parties to greet each other with.
Only away end I remember that lower part was below pitch height was Burnden Park ( Bolton ) . Ironically both clubs had sold some of the terracing to supermarkets

I think that was referring to 71 not 84
Ah
That’s right
Apologies to ghandi (& his namesake 😉)
When he mentioned Cardiff I immediately thought of Webber 1-0 & The Durties needing (& failing) to win on a (next) day when we weren’t playing & got promoted
Warning kids:
Witness your future if you continue to introduce chemicals into your body ( & watch SUFC for too long)

Kingston upon Hull Burnley & Cardiff become conflated;

1971 transmogrified to 2009 in the blink of an eye

Blades fans discussing promotion 😳

Keith Edwards caused most if it
Remember him scoring for them against us in last game before re-signing for us in the 4th Division, it was the worst secret in the world he was coming back you’d have thought he would have deliberately scuffed that one

Hull a bunch of pirates…let Capt Blade at em 😂

Thanks Roy

Attachments

• 3A1D9918-5E93-4638-85D3-4C40A57BCDE1.jpeg
    3A1D9918-5E93-4638-85D3-4C40A57BCDE1.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 1

Thanks Roy.

Not sure why they think we look on them as rivals though, mostly I don't think of them at all.

Back
Top Bottom