Pre-Match View From Brentford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We won't know what has hit us, eh?

A novel new spelling of BDTBL
'Been to Brammal Lane'

The obligatory one team city reference
'I think Sheffield will be a surprise package this season'

and an unexpected bonus:
'They will be under pressure to perform from their knuckle dragging fans'

It's like we've never been away...

Couple of interesting quotes there - particularly the one about teams trying to play them at football. The SUFC we saw last season, with astute management by Wilder, will get in their faces and that seems to be the thing they fear most. Get in their faces, press them high and then go for the jugular. They might have the class to play around it but then they might fold under the pressure of it. Could go either way for me this one. If we could set the standard high from first whistle, it would be a great result if we can win it and will signal to all the other teams who think we'll be a pushover that we are serious about being a force in this division. They appear to have the mentality that is ripe for getting done by the "new boys" on the first day.

I hope for 46 of these over confident sets of fans!

There's no denying Brentford have quality in their squad, they seriously do have a chance of the top 6 if they play as well as they can. But, their fans have just made it to the twat thread IMO.

Seriously, Brentford? Apart from playing in Red n White stripes and having a pub on each corner of their ground, what else have they achieved in life?

The thing that I find funny is how so many fans in Championship have no idea about how good we are or our playing style. We were a class above all our other league 1 rivals (like Bolton and Millwall) near the top last season.

There's a good arguement we are easily one of the best teams to come out of league 1 in the past 15 years.

I'm confident we'll surprise them with our quality more than they will about their quality.

My only concern and it applies to the whole season really is that Wilder tactics last season were extremely POSITIVE. It was virtually a Brian Clough style "don't worry about them.. let them worry about us"

We dominated and controlled almost every match after Xmas with teams sitting back defending in numbers.

We're used to having our own way and not playing a team willing to match fire with fire. We play a very open game and don't seem to worry too much about the oppostion. This means we could win 3-0 or lose 0-3.

Logic says against Brentford it should be an attractive high scoring game.
If we lose heavily I predict loads of "Wilder is tactically naeve" comments and "we need to be more defensive minded and not get caught with the sucker punch", which would be a shame because I love the open attacking style but it will means some big wins but occasional heavy defeats.

Where does this myth come from that we're in for a shock/won't know what hit us/be shocked by the step up etc. etc?

I expect it to be peddled by the pork, but some of this lot appear to be saying it too.

Do they think our fans and staff are cave-dwelling morons with no access to the internet or Sky Sports packages?

It's embarrassing. We know it's going to be fucking tougher. It's a higher division.

Quite amusing that all these fans are telling us we won't know what to expect from the championship when not one of them seems to have any clue of how we played last year.

Personally I think we'll surprise a lot of people this season.

We won't know what has hit us, eh?

A novel new spelling of BDTBL
'Been to Brammal Lane'

The obligatory one team city reference
'I think Sheffield will be a surprise package this season'

and an unexpected bonus:
'They will be under pressure to perform from their knuckle dragging fans'

It's like we've never been away...
I've been drinking in 'old Brentford'. They've got their own knuckle draggers too.

Wow.....well those comments surprised me.
Hadnt realised Brentford fans were as blindly arrogant as the pigs. Quite why, when they are only Brentford is a bit of a mystery to me.

Couple of more reasoned remarks from the few sensible ones, but most of those remarks were completely off the wall inaccurate and blinkered.

Brentford become Real Madrid without anyone noticing...gonna have £50 on them winning the league
don't you just love their positivity :confused:

Having seen a bit of Brentford action, I'd take Jota and Vibe today.

Back
Top Bottom