Pre-Match View From Brentford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cloggers and knuckle draggers. Definitely a bit of Pork
Infiltration, that. Or they're avid readers of Porktalk.

We get accused of not knowing what's in store for us but they're making assumptions not on seeing us play but on the fact we came up from league one.

I watched a fair few Championship games last season and very few made me think we'd struggle. To assume Wilder and his staff haven't taken in a few games and watched them on the box is naivety on a big scale.

He knows exactly what to expect and I trust his judgement on the recruitment we've done.

We'll see who's the more surprised at the end of the season, got a feeling it won't be us.

I thought the comment about us not being able to make the step up to the Championship was odd. In their first season in the Championship 3 years ago Brentford finished in the play-offs. Are they suggesting that the Brentford team that came second in League 1 the previous season was far better equipped for the Championship than our current one?

Seriously, Brentford? Apart from playing in Red n White stripes and having a pub on each corner of their ground, what else have they achieved in life?

For a brief period in the 70/80's, the not much missed 'Brentford Nylons'.

And........

.........er.....

.....that's it.

I really hope their team and manager are so overconfident and totally lacking in knowledge about our team and the way we play as most of that lot are. ;)

For a brief period in the 70/80's, the not much missed 'Brentford Nylons'.

And........

.........er.....

.....that's it.
Wasn't it below Telephone House or whatever TF it was called?

I got to the 'team full of has-beens' and realised every cliche had been used.
Has-beens yep right, I bet we've got one of the youngest match-day squads in the league on Saturday. Wonder if he's getting us mixed up with the Pigs?

Change in reporting Roy? You usually have the more complimentary comments first and then spoil it with the detrimental shit, tuther way round today, still like it though, well done.

In three years' time, I expect most of us won't know much about L1 either. Every time I've seen us play at Griffin Park, we've been shite so I'm not surprised they don't realise quite how good we were last season.

I suspect their comments reflect the optimism that fans of all clubs feel a few days prior to the start of the season, and that has normally vanished by half time on the opening day of the season. We're guilty of it as well.
True, if they all said they expected to lose there'd be some clapper calling them all QPR fans and telling them to fuck of to Loftus Road.

It's as if we're fodder to be devoured and embarrassed....the reason they've attracted a few reasonable players is because they're a London side, and for some players that's a draw they can't resist. They also have a wealthy backer, so no longer a team of paupers as was their historical lineage.

I doubt that Wilder underestimates anyone. The fact that they're in the Championship is enough to alert us to the fact that we're stepping up in expectation. Thing is, I don't sense there's any unnecessary concerns from Wilder. He's certainly not complacent, but he knows that if we play to our strengths we'll not be the 'soft touch' that some teams might imagine we'll be. If they're overconfident I can't see this extending to their team, so let that section of their arrogant support get carried away with the fact that they are that superior to us.......I hope Saturday is a wake-up call for their fans who believe that this will be a stroll in the park.......it won't be! UTMB!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO confident bunch, made me tad nervous after reading that until halfway down then the level headed fans said their bit, yes its a step up in class however how many teams can claim an unbeaten run since January?? Be like a cup game full of expectation if we don't get stage fright and play our game we will hold our own not just against Brentford but against most of the division, are we going to get a good hiding this season?, probably.. will we dish some out,? probably..

We will be ok think a few underestimate us

in Wilder & Knill we trust

UTB

Change in reporting Roy? You usually have the more complimentary comments first and then spoil it with the detrimental shit, tuther way round today, still like it though, well done.

Yeah, get everyone angry first so they are up for it on Saturday

Brentford have one of the best recruitment teams around. Their owner Matthew Benham is a gambling guy who understands the value of data, and they apply statistics and performance indicators heavily in their recruitment and in their training. It's an approach used by almost all the top baseball teams. Warburton didn't like it, which is why he left.

Benham is also a lifelong fan. He has transformed them over the last 5 years, and they will be one of the best 3 footballing sides in the Championship this year. We need to press them hard all over the pitch, which fortunately is our strength and their weakness. If you give them time to play they are very good.

It's an excellent first game for us. I haven't looked forward to the start of a season this much since 1975. The previous season had finished with us 6th, just missing out on Europe to Stoke on goal average, and we beat Leicester 4-0 in the last home game. Turned out to be TC's last League goal at BDBL that day - a 30 yarder. Next season we were rock bottom all year and the rest is history! But now:-

The Magic is Back

Brentford have one of the best recruitment teams around. Their owner Matthew Benham is a gambling guy who understands the value of data, and they apply statistics and performance indicators heavily in their recruitment and in their training. It's an approach used by almost all the top baseball teams. Warburton didn't like it, which is why he left.

Benham is also a lifelong fan. He has transformed them over the last 5 years, and they will be one of the best 3 footballing sides in the Championship this year. We need to press them hard all over the pitch, which fortunately is our strength and their weakness. If you give them time to play they are very good.

It's an excellent first game for us. I haven't looked forward to the start of a season this much since 1975. The previous season had finished with us 6th, just missing out on Europe to Stoke on goal average, and we beat Leicester 4-0 in the last home game. Turned out to be TC's last League goal at BDBL that day - a 30 yarder. Next season we were rock bottom all year and the rest is history! But now:-

The Magic is Back
It goes beyond recruitment. Benham is a professional mathematician who uses statistics and algorithms to predict the stock market movements. He describes himself as a professional gambler. It's made him a vast fortune.
He's tried to transfer these principles to football and, during Warburton's era he had a computer predicting when to make substitutions. I'm not sure if they're still doing that.

Cheers Roy!. I loved the kloggers quote!!. Some people from down south seem to have this notion about people that live north of Watford gap!. Let's hope we can beat them?. It's starting to get real now!!. In wilder and knill we trust!!. Utb ftp

Amazing how some teams like Brentford can get promoted and be ok

Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Southampton can go a step further

But Sheffield United will struggle to adapt to the Championship

i was going to watch on ifollow. dont think ill bother now. i forgot we play anti football hoofball

LOL!!!! Some of them think we are a bunch of cloggers BOY!!!! are they in for a surprise

Back
Top Bottom