Potential Line up v West Ham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looking a lot better fingers crossed...

Rammers
Basham-Egan-Ampadu
Baldock ----------------Stevens
Berge-Norwood-Fleck
Brewster-Didzy
What are we thinking Blades? Would we make any major changes to that?
Don't mind that lineup at all...only thing I might be tempted to change is McBurnie for Brewster. Also don't mind Osborn at LWB if Stevens is unavailable.

Bit of a catch 22 with Brewster. It's bad that he only touched the ball 10 times against Chelsea but similarly he had absolutely no service. Whatsoever.

I'd be inclined to give him one last chance to make an impact then I'd bring Burke back in who has done absolutely nothing wrong.
McBurnie may well be included as they are a team of big fuckers.

Bit of a catch 22 with Brewster. It's bad that he only touched the ball 10 times against Chelsea but similarly he had absolutely no service. Whatsoever.

I'd be inclined to give him one last chance to make an impact then I'd bring Burke back in who has done absolutely nothing wrong.
Dont like leaving our top scorer out😆 but Brewster and Burke for me

Basically, I want to see a back line that gets Stevens back out in the LWB position so we don't have to play Lowe. I Want to see Fleck back. I Want to see Norwood playing CDM. I want to see Brewster finally get a good game under his belt. Give me an 11 that does all that please.

He must be thinking that too. Get Burke in for me, run at those defenders and give 'em something to worry about. Looks to be an exiting player what I saw of him.

I don't get this Ampadu at LCB, its another square peg in a round hole. He's played quite well in midfield so lets leave him there, he's barely 6ft and still looks like he has some filling out to do. He's not going to dominate that left hand side like O'Connell did so let's not shatter his confidence like we have Stevens' by giving him an impossible task. Play Jagielka for me and keep it solid then we can worry about getting forward.

Wouldn't mind seeing Burke up top like others have said he's done nothing wrong and will hard. You've got to assume McBurnie will play if not just for his ability to defend set pieces.

Is Fleck available? I might have missed the news that’s he’s back - need him back and firing quickly

Merge?

I'd like to see Burke used regularly as an impact sub - bring him on around 60 minute mark to stretch his legs against tiring defenders

Want to see us go for it, put McGoldrick behind Brewster and McBurnie with Norwood and Fleck (if fit) behind. Might get picked off but it would be nice to see us show some bollocks again.

Merge?

It's Berge

I don't get this Ampadu at LCB, its another square peg in a round hole. He's played quite well in midfield so lets leave him there, he's barely 6ft and still looks like he has some filling out to do. He's not going to dominate that left hand side like O'Connell did so let's not shatter his confidence like we have Stevens' by giving him an impossible task. Play Jagielka for me and keep it solid then we can worry about getting forward.

Wouldn't mind seeing Burke up top like others have said he's done nothing wrong and will hard. You've got to assume McBurnie will play if not just for his ability to defend set pieces.
My Nan's available.

I think you’ve got to give Brewster a chance to perform against a side who aren’t likely to starve us of the ball. Be really harsh to make him toil in those previous 3 matches then not give him a chance against a side who we should be able to get at a bit more.

Fleck won't start, I can see him being introduced back to starting over 2/3 games.

Sharp and McGoldrick up front anything else is daft. Replace as they tire make the decision what you need on the night as the 3 sub strikers all have very different skill sets. (No point bringing on McBurnie if our crossing has been crap all night)

2x Ampadu's would be a dream...

i put him at LCB as if he had license to overlap he could be an attacking threat and with Fleck back (fingers crossed) and Stevens at LWB, it makes our left side look like something resembling a team.. Ampadu at CDM does fill me with much more confidence than Norwood, but then when you look at our LCB options, it is really scary to see the players we have in that position and in my opinion leaves a huge weakness for teams to exploit

And stick with Brewster imo... he is going to take a while to warm up, but if we give him opportunity now, he could be the reason for our survival in the latter half of the season

I didn’t think that Flecky was available yet and, if not, I might just be a little bit......crazy with my line up to be summat like below(I really am mad and expect pelters).

Rammers
Basham-Egan-Ampadu
Baldock ----------------Lowe
Berge-Norwood- Burke
Brewster- McBurnie

• You've got to give Brewster another go. He's done very little since joining but he's played in games where he was never going to have a sniff. We'll have more of the ball. West Ham was his boyhood club. I'd start him alongside McBurnie. That's our future, they've showed signs of linking up, and McGoldrick is less important when we have Norwood pulling the strings (IMO).
  • The left hand side needs major fixing. Stevens has looked weak at LCB, Lowe out of his depth at LWB and Lundstram non-existent at LCM. For me, Ampadu is talented enough and has the instincts to step up, and I think where he could fit in right now is at LCB. Stick Stevens back to his more natural LWB. Put Osborn in at LCM. He at least looks like he can offer something in attack when he gets on the ball. Lundstram pops up in good positions but when he's around we basically sack off any good play down the left hand side.
  • Stick with Norwood at CM. I've got Ampadu at LCB so it's not like we have many options anyway, but yeah.
With that in mind:

Ramsdale
Basham, Egan, Ampadu
Baldock, Berge, Norwood, Osborn, Stevens
Brewster, McBurnie

Subs-wise ... actually put Bogle on the bench for once. And actually think about using Burke if god forbid we end up in another game where we don't have the ball 80% of the time, although if that happens against West Ham we truly are looking a bit screwed.

I questioned why Didz started on Saturday, but with three goals in all competitions this season, I think we have to put faith in him and start him again.

Brewster is looking lost, almost like he just doesn't fully understand what he's supposed to be doing, so I'd probably look at dropping him and replacing him with Burke. Burke is a handful for defenders with his pace and creativity and I'm not really sure what he's done wrong to warrant not being given the nod so I think it's time to give him another crack.

As much as I'd love to see Fleck back, I think it might be a game or two early for him, so I'd imagine he'll stick with Lunny on the left with Berge on the right. I think Berge has really started to make that position his own.

CDM is a bit of a head scratcher. Do you go with Ampadu? Or do you let Norwood come back in? Both bring different qualities to the same role. Ampadu does not have a problem running at the opposition and causing problems through the middle, whereas with Norwood, I feel he offers more of an outlet when we switch flanks and regardless of the criticism he's received, still knows how to pick a pass out of nowhere. Having said that, his dead-balls are a worry.

Everybody knows that the LCB/LWB debate rages on and I think this is where we really need to get in right as out left hand side is currently atrocious. There's an argument to bring Stevens back at LWB, but I'll be honest, Jack Robinson does not fill me with any sort of confidence at LCB and he's been at fault for at least 2 goals we've conceded this season. Another option is Osborn at LWB and Stevens retaining his place in the back three. I thought Osborn had a great game when he played there against Liverpool, but I'm questioning Stevens' form at the minute and he looks like he could use a rest. He has just pulled out of the ROI squad with an injury too. I'm going to stick my neck out and and argue the case for Jagielka to get a start. Chris has experimented with so many different combinations that haven't seemed to work, and I'm just wondering if maybe a little more physical presence and experience at the back might just sure us up a little.

Rammers starts in goal for me despite the calls for him to be dropped. We've not spent £18 mill on a keeper to let him sit on the bench. The lad is short on confidence and I don't think dropping him for Verrips (who has made one solitary first team appearance), or Foderingham (who looked shaky in all the pre-season games), is going to help matters.

Ramsdale
Baldock
Basham
Egan
Jagielka
Osborn
Ampadu
Lundstram
Berge
McGoldrick
Burke

Subs
Verrips
Robinson
Lowe
Norwood
McBurnie
Sharp
Brewster

Big Herman has sold us a pup.....Hope we kept our receipt, so we can take him back to the shop?

Big Herman has sold us a pup.....Hope we kept our receipt, so we can take him back to the shop?
Always a good idea to write off a player after three games against Liverpool, Man City & Chelsea. Lets revisit that thought come the end of the season and give him a chance eh?

Looking a lot better fingers crossed...

Rammers
Basham-Egan-Ampadu
Baldock ----------------Stevens
Berge-Norwood-Fleck
Brewster-Didzy
What are we thinking Blades? Would we make any major changes to that?
Drop Stevens!

......................Ramsdale
.........Basham...Egan......Robinson
Baldock.........................................Stevens
.......................Ampadu
........Berge........................Lundstram
...............Brewster.....McGoldrick

^ what I think Wilder will do.

.........Basham...Egan....Ampadu
Baldock......................................Stevens
..................Berge......Norwood
.......Bogle............................Fleck
.........................Burke

What I would be considering doing - at least formation wise.
It would be nice to see the side with some pace and running options in there.

.........Basham...Egan......Robinson
Baldock.........................................Stevens
.......................Ampadu
........Berge........................Lundstram
...............Brewster.....McGoldrick

^ what I think Wilder will do.

.........Basham...Egan....Ampadu
Baldock......................................Stevens
..................Berge......Norwood
.......Bogle............................Fleck
.........................Burke

What I would be considering doing - at least formation wise.
It would be nice to see the side with some pace and running options in there.
I can't understand why most people seem to want Brewster to start. He clearly needs to come out of the starting line up and be used as an impact sub for a few games at least.

I can't understand why most people seem to want Brewster to start. He clearly needs to come out of the starting line up and be used as an impact sub for a few games at least.
Because he's so far started in games where he hasn't been able to get the ball - in a game where we might get more possession and create more chances (at least compared to the last 3) he deserves a shot to see what he can do - otherwise Wilder starting him in the last 3 was pointless

Because he's so far started in games where he hasn't been able to get the ball - in a game where we might get more possession and create more chances (at least compared to the last 3) he deserves a shot to see what he can do - otherwise Wilder starting him in the last 3 was pointless
Wilder starting him the last 3 games was pointless in more ways than one😊

Back
Top Bottom