Possible January Transfers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
Don’t want to sound negative, but Ndiaye could go in January. If we don’t go up then 100% he will get snatched by a mid/low table Premier League side.

However in January I would like to see a new wing back being brought in on loan, or bought. Preferably left side. I was going to say a new attacking midfielder but McAtee has had a few excellent performances recently. What do you think Hecky will do in January?

Don’t want to sound negative, but Ndiaye could go in January. If we don’t go up then 100% he will get snatched by a mid/low table Premier League side.

However in January I would like to see a new wing back being brought in on loan, or bought. Preferably left side. I was going to say a new attacking midfielder but McAtee has had a few excellent performances recently. What do you think Hecky will do in January?
Not sell to a lower/ mid prem side.for a start

I think he’ll take all the used packaging to recycling and then drop off unwanted presents at the local charity shop. Hopefully a nice one like Age Concern.
And I bet he takes a few returns back to M&S too. He'll get a good few jumpers will Paul, and probably a few scarves too, but he waint like them all.

He'll probably consider Dry January too then think "nah, fuck it", but will probably go to the gym a bit more, new year's resolutions and all that. Good question though William Carey , what will you do in January? Thanks.

No one is paying the sort of money we’d want for him in January.
If any teams going to splash cash at a championship player in Jan, it’s going to be Sarr not Ndaiye

If any teams going to splash cash at a championship player in Jan, it’s going to be Sarr not Ndaiye
I'm pretty sure if we got a £15-20 million bid from an EPL team, that would be that. Even if we resisted it, Ndiaye would likely want to move, I would guess. He's currently playing in a team where his teammates are earning significantly more money than him. If you buy Sarr, you're paying him a lot of money. Less so with Ndiaye.

I'm pretty sure if we got a £15-20 million bid from an EPL team, that would be that. Even if we resisted it, Ndiaye would likely want to move, I would guess. He's currently playing in a team where his teammates are earning significantly more money than him. If you buy Sarr, you're paying him a lot of money. Less so with Ndiaye.

You’ve no idea how much either him or his team mates are earning.

Reckon we’d take our chances of getting promotion for that sort of money in Jan. If he still doesn’t sign a new contract in summer it will be a different story though.

You’ve no idea how much either him or his team mates are earning.
Yes, of course, he's earning the same salary as Mendy, Mane and Sarr. For his first professional contract. One we're trying to renegotiate to give him more.

Yes, of course, he's earning the same salary as Mendy, Mane and Sarr. For his first professional contract. One we're trying to renegotiate to give him more.

I thought you meant United. The fact you aren’t makes your comment even stranger.

Mendy plays for Chelsea and Mane plays for Bayern. If he’s comparing himself to them then he needs to take himself down a peg. There’s no team on the planet who’ll pay him as much as they’ll be earning.

Your premise is based on a whole lot of guess work which could easily be miles off the mark.

Been exchanging text with a friend who is a Watford fan. It looks like Kone is signing for them and he thinks Watford will sell Sarr in January rather than see his contract out

Every silver lining has a cloud for some miserable bleeders eh

Having managed to remain in the top two, with an injury ravaged side, you can probably imagine the impact this situation would have at owner/board level. PH and the recruitment chaps should have plans in place, just in case we have another bad spell in December/early January.
Maybe a loan player if we lose McBurnie to the justice system perhaps?
Apart from that, PH will be told to get on with it, using the players that got us into the top two, with a few coming back from injury after a lay off.

Football managers, and supporters are allowed to dream. The owner and the board remain responsible for a degree of prudence. Improving the contract of a certain Senegalese international still involves spending money. The owner wants to see our youth payers given a chance and we do have some decent prospects at the lane.

The only downside to that is the disparity in development between Doyle, McAtee, and our own youngsters, who are not exactly Man City standard loan prospects yet.

Any player who is fortunate enough to join the club mast be an automatic first team starter. That will cost big money. I suspect the view from the boardroom will be the likely choice for the JTW.

Not bringing any bodies in Jan really has screwed us. Squad looks so stale and every team around us improved, we just stood still.

Not bringing any bodies in Jan really has screwed us. Squad looks so stale and every team around us improved, we just stood still.
of course it has and most blades knew it at the time and to be fair to hecky that wasnt down to him its a decision that is going to cost us 150m great management from our boardroom

Back
Top Bottom