Possible January targets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So Wilder says he wants someone to compete with Freeman on the right, a wide player and a forward player.

I'd say Riley is likely to be the 'wide player'. He wouldn't be signing strictly for the right side and he covers every wide position so the generic 'wide player' description suits him.

So who's the right sided player?

And what does he mean by 'forward player'? If Riley's the wide player, we currently have 5 strikers and are being linked with O'Shea, I'd say he's referring to an attacking midfielder.... but we seem strongly interested in Lee Gregory.

Some rumours from Twitter here...

That would make sense to me. And if there's anything to the Isgrove link I'll give myself a pat on the back!

Isgrove, guessing the Southampton lad who did well at Barnsley last year? Good loan pick up for wide area if true

Isgrove, guessing the Southampton lad who did well at Barnsley last year? Good loan pick up for wide area if true

Yep, plays all across attacking midfield and is an intelligent, creative player with a bit of pace. Fits the mould perfectly. I'd expect him to be on the radar.

Yep, plays all across attacking midfield and is an intelligent, creative player with a bit of pace. Fits the mould perfectly. I'd expect him to be on the radar.

He kept chapman out of the starting line up last season. Think the new loan system and u23 league stopped more loans than normal but expect players to be loaned out to competitive teams in this window, hopefully.

Isgrove and Gregory fit the transfer mould of players who have or do perform at this level with the ability o step up

So Wilder says he wants someone to compete with Freeman on the right, a wide player and a forward player.

I'd say Riley is likely to be the 'wide player'. He wouldn't be signing strictly for the right side and he covers every wide position so the generic 'wide player' description suits him.

So who's the right sided player?

And what does he mean by 'forward player'? If Riley's the wide player, we currently have 5 strikers and are being linked with O'Shea, I'd say he's referring to an attacking midfielder.... but we seem strongly interested in Lee Gregory.

Some rumours from Twitter here...

That would make sense to me. And if there's anything to the Isgrove link I'll give myself a pat on the back!

That guy must mention 100 names every window and never gets any right. He's worse than Strappy

That guy must mention 100 names every window and never gets any right. He's worse than Strappy

That's not to say we aren't interested in the players mentioned though. The names I see him mention usually appear plausible and likely.

Dmitri Payet's available.....

Luke Gambin has been transfer listed by Barnet. 6 months left on his contract. Would be very cheap.

I'm pointing him out as a possibility rather than suggesting him. I haven't seen anything of him. Just remember reading this a while ago. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ence-stand-ball-amidst-frantic-pace-game.html

Seems to fit the mould - good technically and versatile. Maybe a Chapman replacement. Would come in as a squad player.

How about Nasser El Khayati?

Versatile winger with plenty of goals in him who did well for Burton last season. Not getting a game at QPR. Bolton and Charlton linked with him. If we're looking for someone with a bit of magic to unlock a defence then he's one to look at.

Judging by the 2 players in and losing chapman I do think we may ve barking up the wrong tree with. Player such as Evans Bogle etc.

I think the player will be someone who makes things happen, someone who can stretch a defence either up top or outside.

Yep, I don't think we'll be signing a centre forward. Not without at least moving McNulty on.

Hoping it will be Lloyd Isgrove who I mentioned in post 1. Ticks all the boxes for Wilder I think.

Yep, I don't think we'll be signing a centre forward. Not without at least moving McNulty on.

Hoping it will be Lloyd Isgrove who I mentioned in post 1. Ticks all the boxes for Wilder I think.

I like Isgrove as a player but isn't he predominantly a right mid? If so, I'm not quite sure how he will fit into the current formation or team unless of course CW is considering a change back to 4-2-3-1 which he used at Oxford and N'ton or even a more conventional 4-4-2.

Personally, I'd prefer for a pacy, game changer to be signed - someone like Rob Hall or as El Khayati

I like Isgrove as a player but isn't he predominantly a right mid? If so, I'm not quite sure how he will fit into the current formation or team unless of course CW is considering a change back to 4-2-3-1 which he used at Oxford and N'ton or even a more conventional 4-4-2.

Personally, I'd prefer for a pacy, game changer to be signed - someone like Rob Hall or as El Khayati

Mainly an attacking right winger I think but comfortable playing on the left and even centrally. He's very good with his left foot, has close control and is quick over the first 5-10 yards and has decent awareness too, which enables him to play anywhere in the attacking positions.

I'd see him fitting in how Chapman did, as they're similar players. Impact player off the bench, cover for Duffy or a possible starter in a different formation. Maybe even an option alongside Sharp. I'd also give him a chance of playing wing back in some games.

I see why Hall and El Khayati could be better options but they'd be harder to sign permanently, and I like the idea of signing Isgrove permanently as I think he has plenty of development left in him, and long term I see us switching to a formation which would accommodate him easier.

I personally would prefer any of our midfield/wingers to be able to chip in with goals as well as play making/assisting. With only one in-form striker (Captain Billy), we need "all hands to the pump" when it comes to additional goals, and 1 league goal in four years (Isgrove) would not cut it for me, but that's just me.

Wonder if we could get Nick Blackman on loan... now that would be superb.

Out of favour at Derby it seems, even though he did have an injury.

There was a bit of talk about a big signing and he'd certainly be one of those.

not the worst idea but just dont see blackman being tuftys type of player and if mcnulty is staying with us cant see us having 6 strikers

not the worst idea but just dont see blackman being tuftys type of player and if mcnulty is staying with us cant see us having 6 strikers

I know, but he plays wide as well and is different to anything we've got, and if we could sign a player of that quality I think we would regardless of having 5 strikers.

I know, but he plays wide as well and is different to anything we've got, and if we could sign a player of that quality I think we would regardless of having 5 strikers.
yeah see your point ricky personally i would like us to splash out on either matty taylor or lee gregory taylor would be my choice think he would be ideal with billy and im certain gregory would jump at the chance to come back up here we wait and see eh

I think it's fair to say that these two players that Wilder has lined up are going to come out of nowhere. Unless it's that O'shea fella everything else has been a rumour and even those seem to have dried up.

I think it's fair to say that these two players that Wilder has lined up are going to come out of nowhere. Unless it's that O'shea fella everything else has been a rumour and even those seem to have dried up.

It is someone from a club who can't release our target until they do their business with a replacement. He is therefore not "in the reserves" or "surplus to requirements". That business may not be done at all. We will just have to hope that it is. As I look into my crystal ball the spirits visit me and whisper in the words of Elvis. "return to sender" and "Oh moody blue".

This ITK brought to you in the style of E89 and with just as much knowledge.

Rubén Lameiras for Coventry is a decent tricky midfielder, from what ice seen of him he could be a good player for us. Bit of a midget tho

Apparently James Hanson is a done deal from a source within BCFC..... But this is the same source that said he was signing in the summer so read I to that what you will....

Apparently James Hanson is a done deal from a source within BCFC..... But this is the same source that said he was signing in the summer so read I to that what you will....

Oh god, please no, I assume he'd be a plan B but surely we can do better than that, he'll offer nothing in the championship.

Why? He's not very good.

Still trying to think of someone who has not been linked with us yet?.............

_71648603_bbc_ollymurs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom