CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Most of these reactions are wildly exaggerated and hyperbolic. We have known for years that the Prince does not have the funds of most other vanity one-man show owners.

Our moral radar in this is actually ok in my book. We were in deep shit, so had to plot our way out.

Most of the whiter than white guys who now scream our reputation is besmirched seem guys that normally moan about never „speculating to accumulate“ or being a joke for spending Pennies in the Prem.

By doing what he did, the Prince speculated to accumulate. We got up to the Prem with players we kept rather than pay clubs like Liverpool who frankly don’t need to moan as they constantly plot to fuck up financial and sporting fairness for anyone else but their five or six other super rich selfish buddies.

Yes, delaying payments is not the way to do things in a perfect world, but if your mortgage is under water, your dad is almost certain to die in July and you are the only child and heir of his millions, do you let the family home go in January or stretch payments to some well-off creditors?

And as we knew we were in the wrong, we show the class and honor of honest men with a minimum moral radar in accepting our fair dosage of medicine by cooperating and accepting the just fine, rather than grovel and weasel like Everton, Forest or Leicester.

If I was in the boardroom on the limited facts I know, I would have been fine with how we handled a shitty situation.

His main stick to be beaten with: choice of future owners. That one he got badly wrong twice. Can’t really blame a guy for lack of funds…
Good post Prince

Glad to see you starting to communicate

You said one did. Now you’re saying he didn’t :) ( but he could have :) ) Who said it then? Where did you get it from to post in one of your twenty paragraphs of fantasy, ifs and maybes posts?
unless your baltic or have a tardis. the future is Fantasy, Ifs & Maybes. you have make your best guess

considering you are lucky enough that you can see the future whose the winner of the national & where do you fill the 80m at least financial hole without a firesale in the summer. because ndiaye is 30m berge 15m. wheres the other 35m to potentially 55m coming from

unless your baltic or have a tardis. the future is Fantasy, Ifs & Maybes. you have make your best guess

considering you are lucky enough that you can see the future whose the winner of the national & where do you fill the 80m at least financial hole without a firesale in the summer. because ndiaye is 30m berge 15m. wheres the other 35m to potentially 55m coming from

And yet again the question is dodged. Most of your posts are a take on current happenings ( no one mentioned the future, btw do you have a problem with understanding) but are imaginary takes on info. Such as the above mentioned admin point.

Now you’re throwing around numbers for some reason.

Has anyone looked at last years accounts to qualify where we were.
Then guesstimated income and outgoings from transfers
likely o heads based on previous years experiences
income from Sky etc.

and arrived at a guesstimated figure for monies carried forward for next season..

Over the five year period yes, but we don’t know the current years financial dealings and for the first year in the PL we had to cover the previous promotion bonuses. I get the shit show comments for obvious reasons but the “weers Munneh” comments are a joke. It’s been explained every time a set of accounts have been released where it’s gone but with no reasoning or evidence people still claim it’s gone elsewhere. Yet these financial titans of industry who know this can’t understand a set of accounts.

That's all well and good but weerz moneh? princey has taken it all ta Riyadh!

Because of this fiasco, at exactly 3pm on 10th August, 2024, Sheffield Wednesday will - in all likelihood - actually be above our standing in the league for the first time since 5th August, 2017.

What a time to be alive.
Unless of course our first game is brought forward to Friday evening for TV coverage.

clapping-icegif-11.gif

And yet again the question is dodged. Most of your posts are a take on current happenings ( no one mentioned the future, btw do you have a problem with understanding) but are imaginary takes on info. Such as the above mentioned admin point.

Now you’re throwing around numbers for some reason.
are you deliberately being awkward or naturally like this . because im not dodging anything. if anything your keanu reeves in the matrix dodging everything

my points arent based on current happenings they are on hypothetical scenario that we dont get promotion. & those numbers for me i thought you would know. because you are the font of all knowledge. last yr you got 102.6m for finishing last in the premier league & so if bettis says that most our money was paying debts of thats why we bought cheap players. it would be an educated guess that we are at 80m to 100m we needed to pay off

now considering you are lucky enough that you can see the future whose the winner of the national & where do you fill the 80m at least financial hole without a firesale in the summer. because ndiaye is 30m berge 15m. wheres the other 35m to potentially 55m coming from & i can ask again. because you wouldnt want to be accuse of dodging questions 😉

are you deliberately being awkward or naturally like this . because im not dodging anything. if anything your keanu reeves in the matrix dodging everything

my points arent based on current happenings they are on hypothetical scenario that we dont get promotion. & those numbers for me i thought you would know. because you are the font of all knowledge. last yr you got 102.6m for finishing last in the premier league & so if bettis says that most our money was paying debts of thats why we bought cheap players. it would be an educated guess that we are at 80m to 100m we needed to pay off

now considering you are lucky enough that you can see the future whose the winner of the national & where do you fill the 80m at least financial hole without a firesale in the summer. because ndiaye is 30m berge 15m. wheres the other 35m to potentially 55m coming from & i can ask again. because you wouldnt want to be accuse of dodging questions 😉
I'm really not sure where you are getting the 80-100m from for next season? Last season, and the season before it was due to owed payments incured during the PL seasons, mainly the likes of Brewster, Berge, Ramsdale and McBurnie.

Where do you believe this 80-100m black hole is coming from for next season?

See the future? :) I’ve asked where your info comes from. Not mentioned the future. It now appears it’s a hypothetical post - but about the past - which was my obvious point. You said a manager had said it, but then said he couldn’t actually say it. Then you chucked some numbers out there which add nothing to your admin claim.

Have you moved to Spain? We know what that hot sun can do to Englishmen’s brains. Or just LaLa Land.

I’ll leave you with it. You can’t back up your claim, sorry hypothesis, so it’s clear where you stand. Just pretend to know BS.

Agreed. The majority of our debt is owed to...checks notes...the owner. Not sure what he gains from putting the club into administration. We've kept on top of our HMRC liabilities which is a sign that things are under control to an extent.

They're effectively insolvent but they're meeting their obligations to other clubs and the HMRC. As long as someone is pumping cash in to makes ends meet (up to £39m/£105m over three years) then all is deemed well.

Welcome to modern football. Clubs only exist because of the largess of their owners. The whole thing is a Ponzi scheme.

600 cumulative days. Not consecutive. Five debts for four months will do that (although I suspect we've got at least 9 months on one of the Brewster instalments).

Yeah I get your point....

However isn't there a limit on how MUCH an owner can put into the club to pay for losses?
Isn't that what the pigs were moaning about?
"Teh EFF A WOnt Le7 uZ SpEND"!"

This is what I don’t get. Point deductions just take so long, get them dished out that season.

Actually think it’s a strange one when we had an embargo placed and lifted because we paid our debts, but we get a deduction applied later when we return.

What if, we’d not been relegated for several years, got a new owner would it apply then?

This whole system needs to be joined up. And at least applied the following season regardless of competition. Otherwise it’s just a mockery
Agreed it's situations like this that highlight the importance of English football being run under one organisation as opposed to 2 separate governing bodies (EFL and EPL).

Hopefully it also would stop the premier league from holding onto the majority of the money and refusing to send more of it down the pyramid to clubs who need it more than them.

the premier league is controlled by its member club and subsequently they have no incentive to pass the money down the pyramid.

Hopefully it also would stop the premier league from holding onto the majority of the money and refusing to send more of it down the pyramid to clubs who need it more than them.

Need?

Clubs further down the pyramid only 'need' the money because they spend more money than they are generate in income. Giving those clubs more money, without a change in behaviour, will just result in them spending even more money & put them deeper in the trouble if/when the shit hits the fan.

This is what I don’t get. Point deductions just take so long, get them dished out that season.

Actually think it’s a strange one when we had an embargo placed and lifted because we paid our debts, but we get a deduction applied later when we return.

What if, we’d not been relegated for several years, got a new owner would it apply then?

This whole system needs to be joined up. And at least applied the following season regardless of competition. Otherwise it’s just a mockery

In the case of Bournemouth, didn't this occur?

They breached EFL FFP but got promoted and thus avoided sanctions as they stayed up, I could be wrong on this.

Judging by our past acquisitions contact lengths, and the details of paid installments from Bettis in the last accounts ( he described the losses as mainly paper transactions from player installments/ promotion bonuses ) added to these latest revelations, I'd expect that most transfer monies owed prior to this season have now been paid prior to the prem cash. We probably still owe on Brewster and one or two other legacy signings next season tops. The missed dates and Dozy business doesn't fill one with confidence but it was paid in the end. With modest transfer spend this season, and a huge amount of wages coming off in the summer, I'm not as alarmed about the immediate future as some on this thread. With the exception of the new players (signed from the Championship, minor leagues and a smallish Spanish club) I don't think we've added any wages that could be here long term. I'd expect we've lost a huge earner by our standards (Berge) and a potential huge earner if he'd signed (Ndiaye). Other big earners could go in the summer.

* There was a fairly explicit comment early this season from Bettis that we'd have to sell one player if we were relegated. It wasn't clarified whether that included Archer. I think this comment is worth bearing in mind

Last edited:
Hi Stegosaurus here

We got away lucky there. Could easily have been a 10 or even 20 pointer. If it was a smaller club like Rotherham or Tranmere, they'd have got hit by the full 10 or 20 points. I

We're guilty and it's an apt penalty. Fully deserved.
What wasn't in the statement however, was a full apology from the club to it's fans for running the club in such an incompetent and embarrassing manner. It's the least they could do and should have been the first priority given that they put season tickets on sale last week prior to this news being released, knowing that we would start next season two points behind.
'Well run club' my arse. We are now being humiliated both on and off the field this season.
Let's hope next season won't be more of the same.
Tossers!

Can only deal in facts. And the facts are those two players weren’t sold and were instrumental in us achieving promotion, which has arguably saved our long term future.

Compare with previous chairman who sold Deane, Deane / fjortoft, nick Blackman, Kev McDonald, and countless others as soon as a few quid were offered.

In the case of Bournemouth, didn't this occur?

They breached EFL FFP but got promoted and thus avoided sanctions as they stayed up, I could be wrong on this.
Yeah and never been back down? Or did they go down last time we came up. So effectively they’ve got away with it until next time or does it expire?

Even in our case I’d accept the punishment on the season it happen instead of when we go down again

Has anyone else realised that if the add ons for Brewster are true.......
.we can't play him next season...can't afford to..forward line looks even more threadbare
I’d say that’s a good thing

Not yet read all of this thread just yet but when do Cardiff City get their points deduction for when they were put in a transfer embargo for defaulting on payments for Sala? Already their transfer embargo has been reduced is that it for them?
Will the club that defaulted on payments to us be facing transfer embargo's and or points deductions

Not surprised at all to see the whining willies on here jumping at the chance to slag off the Prince and the club.

Not yet read all of this thread just yet but when do Cardiff City get their points deduction for when they were put in a transfer embargo for defaulting on payments for Sala? Already their transfer embargo has been reduced is that it for them?
Will the club that defaulted on payments to us be facing transfer embargo's and or points deductions

Not surprised at all to see the whining willies on here jumping at the chance to slag off the Prince and the club.
Agreed, that's why I asked how many other clubs have defaulted on payments for months and received points deductions? Every club is basically struggling with finances so they'll be loads of missed payments across the leagues SURELY?

Back
Top Bottom