CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Paid for after we got promoted perhaps and inherited the cash windfall that awaits clubs upon promotion to the Premier League?

You can see why people could argue we were playing players we couldn’t afford during our promotion season.
I reckon this has been hanging over us for sometime ! and one of the reasons we have delayed re-newing contracts.

I reckon this has been hanging over us for sometime ! and one of the reasons we have delayed re-newing contracts.
We've delayed renewing contracts as many are our top earners and we'll need to trim the wage bill next season. If a players is on £25k per week and heading out of contract then we won't be renewing, not unless they agree to a £15k per well drop in wages. This part was pretty obvious, that and some heading out of contract are past 30 and past their prime, so we need younger long term replacements.

We are in big trouble.
Why so? Although rubbish, it is only two points. If you mean financially in big trouble my understanding is that the PL money has cleared the debts, so I am unsure why you think we are totally screwed next year. Can you elaborate?

A couple of observations from a legal in this context and arbitration POV.

The Football League are historically more draconian than the PL. That aside..

1) The Written Reasons show that the Processs begun last March. Late last March, not the Embargo but the Disciplinary.
2) Unlike the PL, as Birmingham, Derby, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday all found out there is points and Embargo in the EFL albeit for FFP. Seems to be part of the Process.
3) Agreed Decision means neither side can Appeal. This is different from an Independent Disciplinary Commission but still must be ratified by one or something similar in order to make sure that it is in accordance with the Rules/Regulatory framework. ie not excessively light or draconian.
4) Certain Rules and Regulations mean that if a Disciplinary Process for Aligned Rules begins in one League it can continue in the other but whether it can he enforced directly or a punishment is parked may still vary. In this case it appears to be the latter.

Its not that bad -2 points at the start of the season better than -2 at the end which makes you miss out on promotion (or get relegated).
The Championship is so awful at the moment -2 points will not make much difference it will be made up really quickly.

I'm no big Prince fan but to be fair thats not true is it Andy? Hamer 15m, Souza 10m, Archer 9m? Basically from the Berge and Ndiaye sales.
Sorry Archer 0 Souza can’t see we payed 10 m for him and Hamer yes but I wouldn’t be surprised if that wasn’t linked to staying up.

You wait till we finish the season 7th on 76 points and 6th finish on 77.

Look at the promotion race in the championship right now and add or subtract 2 from zmy of them and say that

-2 points aren't a lot, but the optics are bad. It's just two points, but for outsiders the club will look like another Everton.

We could have been punished with a much bigger points deduction like others have with -15, we could have got a transfer embargo in the new season after we are releasing many many players, when you look at it this way -2 points really is nothing.

No matter what people will take this points deduction as a big negative, and it's not great, but what's happened has happened and we live to fight another day.

The 5 players we owed payments on isn't confirmed who though?

I've seen Anel, Brewster and Berge for the perms.

And guessing Clark and Khadra on the loans as city wouldn't have gave us McAtee back if it was him or Doyle.

it’s ok saying this doesn’t matter but who the fuck is going to loan us any players never mind sell. Anyone still sticking up for the Bettis and prince can fuck right off

The EFL are pushing to try and get sanctions applied to Leicester even if they get promoted.

A lot of effort from the EFL and EPL punishing us, Forest, Everton, Leicester etc.

Man City though.....
The Leicester thing is interesting, because they are under an Embargo pertaining to EFL Rules not necessarily PL ones.

There is an Independent body who should be analysing Leicester and their compliance to this year, the CFRP.

I honestly think a 2 point deduction is on the lenient side of things.

Think of it this way Everton and Forest signed players and had the money to pay for them, they just went over what's acceptable to lose over a time frame.

We signed players and weren't able to pay for them and possibly never would have been without promotion (and Dozy).

The transfer embargo on us was to obviously stop us hurting other clubs by signing players we couldn't afford but the actual punishment is a points deduction.

The EFL could have issued a points deduction in the season we were promoted but likely realized that the best chance of other clubs getting repaid was for us to get promoted, so no sense in risking the potential of railroading/demoralizing our promotion charge that season.

By deferring the points deduction to next season it's the best outcome for the EFL, for us, and for the clubs owed money.

Don’t believe the narcissistic Andy67 is talking bollox again

People and not just Andy have been telling for ages what’s going on and not playing the leccy bill on time. We have been doing this for a long time. The same people sticking up for the prince will come out again when the purchase of HsBC actually falls through.

Still think it could've been worse. Always difficult paying bills when you don't have enough money. Without well off owners there would be number of clubs shut down. EFL clubs incomes hardly cover expenses.

Its not that bad -2 points at the start of the season better than -2 at the end which makes you miss out on promotion (or get relegated).
The Championship is so awful at the moment -2 points will not make much difference it will be made up really quickly.
I mean yeah we’ve dropped 2 points twice in the past four games when throwing away 2 goal leads so from a points perspective it’s effectively one good result turned into a bad one.

Still think it could've been worse. Always difficult paying bills when you don't have enough money. Without well off owners there would be number of clubs shut down. EFL clubs incomes hardly cover expenses.

Fuck me

Think of it this way Everton and Forest signed players and had the money to pay for them, they just went over what's acceptable to lose over a time frame.

We signed players and weren't able to pay for them and possibly never would have been without promotion (and Dozy).

The transfer embargo on us was to obviously stop us hurting other clubs by signing players we couldn't afford but the actual punishment is a points deduction.

The EFL could have issued a points deduction in the season we were promoted but likely realized that the best chance of other clubs getting repaid was for us to get promoted, so no sense in risking the potential of railroading/demoralizing our promotion charge that season.

By deferring the points deduction to next season it's the best outcome for the EFL, for us, and for the clubs owed money.
Yep, we’ve got promoted using players we’ve not been paying for. 2 points is a result.

It’s worse than those clubs. Others clubs are reliant on you paying on time.

People and not just Andy have been telling for ages what’s going on and not playing the leccy bill on time. We have been doing this for a long time. The same people sticking up for the prince will come out again when the purchase of HsBC actually falls through.
The problem is they never mention specifics but claim to be ITK after the event a blind deaf man could tell we were in the shite due to our ridiculous transfer dealings

The 5 players we owed payments on isn't confirmed who though?

I've seen Anel, Brewster and Berge for the perms.

And guessing Clark and Khadra on the loans as city wouldn't have gave us McAtee back if it was him or Doyle.
Not to mention both loan players are said to be from different clubs, named club 3 and club 4.

Back
Top Bottom