CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t understand why people have a problem with the Prince ?

We wanted him to release funds to establish us in the PL and he did !

The fact it didn’t work out isn’t down to him but the people who spent the money .

The fact that he then didn’t pay the money we said we would pay when it all went tits up is incidental as is non payment to almost everyone else

Stop blaming prince - he’s depressed
He didn't release any funds until after Ndiaye and Berge were sold. Up until then we had only signed Trusty, Traore, Larouci and Slimane. Even then he only released the Ndiaye/Berge money. Where was the alleged £20mil war chest as the figures allegedly paid for the other four didn't even come close to £20mil?

So, in the unlikely* event that we do a West ham and win 7 of our last 9 and stay up, does the -2 apply to us in the PL???

*It's genuinely more likely that we don't win any of our remaining games, I'm not considering this as a serious possibility
No, it applies to our next EFL season

Sorry - this is a shameful day for this proud club. Read the facts …. We defaulted on circa £8 million for 5 players!!!

The Prince is a disgrace for allowing this to happen. He has known he needs to sell or gain investment from the point we were relegated in 2020/21 season. He has set ridiculous valuations & now is staring down the barrel of the clubs value reducing year on year.

This is nothing to do with Wilder/Slav/Hecky or Wilder again. The Prince is the owner and is totally responsible for the financial state of the club.

He needs to go asap for me after this shocker today.

-2 points is nothing in the grand scheme of things, there has been, and will be, a lot more clubs getting a lot worse punishment than us.

Things could have gone better this season, but this punishment could have been a lot worse, it is what it is.

-2 points is nothing in the grand scheme of things, there has been, and will be, a lot more clubs getting a lot worse punishment than us.

Things could have gone better this season, but this punishment could have been a lot worse, it is what it is.

You wait till we finish the season 7th on 76 points and 6th finish on 77.

To be honest I'm not that bothered about this. I don't have any expectation that we'll be challenging for promotion or even the play offs next season and expect a top twelve finish. So 2 points is nothing really.

I'll be more worried if we recruit poorly, pick up 101 injuries again and end up fighting relegation again.

I‘ll ask you again this time next season when Grbic has thrown a goal a game in and we get relegated by 1 point

Forest overspent by 60odd million and get 2pts deduction, we pay the bills, but a couple of days late, within the FFP/ rules and get the same saction. What's the point anymore? It basically means, we could have overspent, by another 80mill, possibly stayed up, and still would have the same sanction. Shambles

Forest overspent by 60odd million and get 2pts deduction, we pay the bills, but a couple of days late, within the FFP/ rules and get the same saction. What's the point anymore? It basically means, we could have overspent, by another 80mill, possibly stayed up, and still would have the same sanction. Shambles
Read the ruling, it says the combined total time overdue on the various payments was "in excess of 550 days"

Read the ruling, it says the combined total time overdue on the various payments was "in excess of 550 days"

But still paid, not overspent.

My point is more, you can overspend and receive the same sanction as not paying instalments. It doesn't make any sense.

Look at the promotion race in the championship right now and add or subtract 2 from zmy of them and say that

My point is more, you can overspend and receive the same sanction as not paying instalments. It doesn't make any sense.
Because screwing over other clubs by not paying so rightfully seen as very serious. If I recall the leagues have funds set aside to pay clubs who fall victim to other clubs not paying what they have promised but it's got to be discouraged strongly or everyone would do it.

Well you could argue given that we couldn't pay on time, we did overspend.

Though, not in the same context you mean of Forest, in an entirely different competition.

Would we be happy seeing a club promoted who defaulted on a payment due to us for a player we'd sold?

Paid for after we got promoted perhaps and inherited the cash windfall that awaits clubs upon promotion to the Premier League?

You can see why people could argue we were playing players we couldn’t afford during our promotion season.

Different jurisdictions, different punishments.

I tend to agree that what we’re guilty of is a lesser offence than simply spending wantonly but I think however you want to view this it doesn’t reflect well on the club.

For one thing we’re now unable to disdainfully judge other teams who have been deducted points and we’re now on the naughty list.

Pretty embarrassing all told, and whilst it’s bad enough being a laughing stock on the pitch, it would be nice to not combine that with dealing with a sorry state of affairs off it.

Well you could argue given that we couldn't pay on time, we did overspend.

Though, not in the same context you mean of Forest, in an entirely different competition.

Would we be happy seeing a club promoted who defaulted on a payment due to us for a player we'd sold?

No, but doing these points deductions on a case by case basis isn't helping anyone.

Make the rules, give it a black and white punishment for breaking it, and stick to it, even if its broken over +£1.

Restructuring of divisions is long overdue, they need the full English leagues to come under the same umbrella because how its set up now just isn't good.

No, but doing these points deductions on a case by case basis isn't helping anyone.

Make the rules, give it a black and white punishment for breaking it, and stick to it, even if its broken over +£1.

I agree, but ours is a completely different scenario and competition... It's too different for direct comparison.

I agree, but ours is a completely different scenario and competition... It's too different for direct comparison.

That's why the rules should be made with a punishment already set before it was broken. For example, if our offence in the rules, stated anyone breaking it would be given 2pts fair enough.

The same should be for breaking FFP/PSR (or whatever new term it is every year), ultimately the amount you overspend by shouldn't matter, just make it a -10 points deduction for anyone who breaks it, its a good enough deterrent for clubs to not overspend and its set in stone for everyone. Giving Everton and Forest different deductions for the same offence is just :oops:

He didn't release any funds until after Ndiaye and Berge were sold. Up until then we had only signed Trusty, Traore, Larouci and Slimane. Even then he only released the Ndiaye/Berge money. Where was the alleged £20mil war chest as the figures allegedly paid for the other four didn't even come close to £20mil?
The meeting hecky had in Europe the ‘war chest’ was withdrawn. Only what went out could be spent but as it turns out he didn’t get to spend that either.

-2 points aren't a lot, but the optics are bad. It's just two points, but for outsiders the club will look like another Everton.

We've already had the embargo as punishment.
Plus weren't there other clubs under embargo at the same time? Are they getting deductions?

That's why the rules should be made with a punishment already set before it was broken. For example, if our offence in the rules, stated anyone breaking it would be given 2pts fair enough.

The same should be for breaking FFP/PSR (or whatever new term it is every year), ultimately the amount you overspend by shouldn't matter, just make it a -10 points deduction for anyone who breaks it, its a good enough deterrent for clubs to not overspend and its set in stone for everyone. Giving Everton and Forest different deductions for the same offence is just :oops:
Think the reason they didn’t have a set rule/punishment in place was to stop clubs with huge amounts of money buying a shit ton of really good players and taking the -10 hit for that season but then having a world class team for seasons to come

Think the reason they didn’t have a set rule/punishment in place was to stop clubs with huge amounts of money buying a shit ton of really good players and taking the -10 hit for that season but then having a world class team for seasons to come
Spending 200-300m buys you nothing really, look at Forest and Everton... and to a smaller extent, Burnley.

Full decision here

Snippets...
United missed payments of...
(a) £1,000,000, £750,000 and £3,750,000 due to Club 1 under a permanent transferagreement for Player A - has to be Brewster
(b) EUR 2,000,000 due to Club 2 under a permanent transfer agreement for Player B - has to be Ahmedhodzic (half of €4m fee)
(c) £143,546.28 due to Club 3 in respect of the loan of Player C - probably Khadra, figure so exact that it must include penalty clauses
(d) £62,500 due to Club 4 in respect of the loan of Player D - Clark?
(e) EUR 900,000 due to Club 5 under a permanent transfer agreement for Player E - I assume that with the currency being Euros this can only be Berge

Cheers Prince

Full decision here

Snippets...
United missed payments of...
(a) £1,000,000, £750,000 and £3,750,000 due to Club 1 under a permanent transferagreement for Player A - has to be Brewster
(b) EUR 2,000,000 due to Club 2 under a permanent transfer agreement for Player B - has to be Ahmedhodzic (half of €4m fee)
(c) £143,546.28 due to Club 3 in respect of the loan of Player C - probably Khadra, figure so exact that it must include penalty clauses
(d) £62,500 due to Club 4 in respect of the loan of Player D - Clark?
(e) EUR 900,000 due to Club 5 under a permanent transfer agreement for Player E - I assume that with the currency being Euros this can only be Berge

Cheers Prince
I think this also goes some way to explaining our awful transfer business. Other clubs will have heard all about it and probably have been much more reluctant to sell to us.

Agree on the predetermined punishment

Not so much on the one size fitz hall for breaking

Should be staggered against the amount

So if it’s upto £5m -2points
£5-15m -5 points
£15-30m -9 points
£30-50m -15 points and so on

That way if there’s a zillionaire who want to give it large dickswinging his wallet, he’ll fuck up his club

Whereas someone who goes over by a few mil is punished accordingly

Spending 200-300m buys you nothing really, look at Forest and Everton... and to a smaller extent, Burnley.
I agree from a basket case club like Everton who in recent history have a shit record in signing good players but if you had a set rule a Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Newcaste etc etc could spend literally a billion in a transfer window and just get -10 for that season knowing they will never be in relegation trouble but the season after having easily the best team in the world

Back
Top Bottom