CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You’ve got me thinking now🤔

I read the other week that Kieran Maguire, finance academic and host of the Price of Football podcast, has calculated the operational losses for last season to average out at a remarkable £476,000 ($594,000) a week for every Championship club.

This equals an average of £24.752 million a year in losses. So how does that work for FFP as surely in a couple of years just about every championship club will be breaching FFP rules.

I’m not questioning what you’ve said Freddy as I remember the £13m per year figure, I’m just wondering how it will work going forward if championship club losses are at an all time high, and whether they’ll change the £13m figure per year to a much larger amount🤷🏻‍♂️ or just have all teams starting on minus points at the start of each season😁
I’m pretty sure clubs that are flying close to the FFP wind will be arguing that some kind of indexation needs to be applied.

The world is a more expensive place than when the £13m was agreed so they do have a point. However if the EFL up the limit then someone will still be unhappy as they’ll be over it.

The answer would be for the clubs to cut their cloths accordingly but a lot don’t seem either willing or able to do so.

Something has to give at some point though on either side.

You’ve got me thinking now🤔

I read the other week that Kieran Maguire, finance academic and host of the Price of Football podcast, has calculated the operational losses for last season to average out at a remarkable £476,000 ($594,000) a week for every Championship club.

This equals an average of £24.752 million a year in losses. So how does that work for FFP as surely in a couple of years just about every championship club will be breaching FFP rules.

I’m not questioning what you’ve said Freddy as I remember the £13m per year figure, I’m just wondering how it will work going forward if championship club losses are at an all time high, and whether they’ll change the £13m figure per year to a much larger amount🤷🏻‍♂️ or just have all teams starting on minus points at the start of each season😁
I think some expenses don't count towards FFP/P&S rules, so its not as simple as just looking at the bottom line of the accounts - but the accounts are the only information we have.

From a quick glance of the rules, it seems spending on youth development is ignored.

I think some expenses don't count towards FFP/P&S rules, so its not as simple as just looking at the bottom line of the accounts - but the accounts are the only information we have.

From a quick glance of the rules, it seems spending on youth development is ignored.
Correct, also stadium improvements, building new stadium and training grounds

You do realise that most 'news stories' are just copy and paste from the original 'story' so if a Wendy fan makes up a story it soon becomes - FACT.

Speaking of Fallowfield, you do realise that if you continue to insult other forum members you will end up in the same position as he did.
I think sheff_blade90 is on the naughty step.

Have you not seen the bottom of the championship? Or is it the usual scaremongering bollocks?

Put some meat on the bones, or shut the fuck up.. it’s boring now. 😴

Have a look at our contracted players for next season... Gaps everywhere.
Add in our dire finances for a rebuild.
And now add in the ownership responsible for bringing in Grbic, Trusty, Larouci, Slimane & Traore this season...

Without a takeover, we're relying on kids stepping up (only Arblaster has shown that potential), loans and freebies. And lots of them.

There's far too much uncertainty to suggest we'll be near the top or bottom next season, but we're starting on minus two and the signs aren't exactly promising.

I don't follow any of them. Is it dozys fault like the embargo was?!

Bit chilly today. Shakes fist at Dozy
I’ve only seen the comments on here pertaining to said accounts.

I struggle to watch them, I’ve tried but you can clearly see the agenda.

Dangerous Darren on Twitter just seems like a full on apologist but again I only see what people put up on here.

Has the Prince apologised to the fans for the utter shame of this sleazy business conduct yet?

Did McCabe apologise for selling players to avoid penalty points and keeping the club on an even keel. ?

Has the Tuna Chump apologised to the MASSIVE for no appearance in the the PL for 24 years ?

If it helps I apologise to you - I'm deeply sorry that life can sometimes be shit.

Here's football finance expert Kieran Maguire laying the blame squarely with PA...

It was 550 days of arrears, 7 missed payments re 5 players. So I presume the last 5 players we bought up to January 2023 we paid nowt. It was a 3 window ban embargo but as Hecky got us promoted we still owed the EFL 2 window bans. So we offered to take a points deduction as 16 players are leaving next month. Unless we join a 5 a side league we would be dead & buried with a ban this summer. All fans can think is what did he do with the money???? And how come he suddenly found it down the back of the Royal settee???

It was 550 days of arrears, 7 missed payments re 5 players. So I presume the last 5 players we bought up to January 2023 we paid nowt. It was a 3 window ban embargo but as Hecky got us promoted we still owed the EFL 2 window bans. So we offered to take a points deduction as 16 players are leaving next month. Unless we join a 5 a side league we would be dead & buried with a ban this summer. All fans can think is what did he do with the money???? And how come he suddenly found it down the back of the Royal settee???

No. 550 cumulative days. Do your research! :)

Your mate Dozy, the one with the Masters and PhD from Oxford :) had his leg lifted you’ve said so you know full well where the money came from. A crook.

Did McCabe apologise for selling players to avoid penalty points and keeping the club on an even keel. ?

Has the Tuna Chump apologised to the MASSIVE for no appearance in the the PL for 24 years ?

If it helps I apologise to you - I'm deeply sorry that life can sometimes be shit.
Tom. There is a huge difference between the two examples you give and what the Prince has done here.

Withholding payments deliberately is really poor behaviour, so much so that we have been docked points for it. He has let the fans down in a big way here, but obviously doesn’t give a damn.

Luckily for him, he has apologists such as yourself too defend the indefensible.

Tomorrow we (Beerschot) celebrate our championship title in the second division for a full house (12.000) and there will be a big protest against UW. Says enough i suppose to protest against the ownership at a title celebration. There were multiple takeover offers, all refused, yet UW does not provide any plan for the future, budgets have been decreased each year, no infrastructure improvements have been realized despite the need and promises to do so. Stand up against bad ownership. It’s not acceptable to play around with the passion and history of thousands of fans.

Abdullah just appointed a new ceo against the will of the local shareholders. The poor man’s motorcycle was chained by fans with a message to f*ck off on his first working day. The chairman resigned this evening out of anger of the complete disinterest of UW. Things are heating up and tomorrow should go to a climax.

Tom. There is a huge difference between the two examples you give and what the Prince has done here.

Withholding payments deliberately is really poor behaviour, so much so that we have been docked points for it. He has let the fans down in a big way here, but obviously doesn’t give a damn.

Luckily for him, he has apologists such as yourself too defend the indefensible.

Though if someone paid you £ 10,000 into your bank account, and said they would buy your house .

How would you react ?

Think we’ll get another points deduction when the defence are investigated for matchfixing?

Problem solved, we sacked Gladys in accounts because she forgot to pay those other football clubs, we’re replacing her so it won’t happen again!

1714069288512.png

Problem solved, we sacked Gladys in accounts because she forgot to pay those other football clubs, we’re replacing her so it won’t happen again!

View attachment 182528
Be plenty of CV’s coming in……

Experience - many years of financial comments on S24SU. Know accounts can be made to show anything and United World owns Companies House.

Qualifications - Chartered Facebook Accountant, PhD, Tingo University (when built) Formerly Part of two man pullpint/collectcash team with Compass Plc.

Hobbies - miserable cunt.

Be plenty of CV’s coming in……

Experience - many years of financial comments on S24SU. Know accounts can be made to show anything and United World owns Companies House.

Qualifications - Chartered Facebook Accountant, PhD, Tingo University (when built) Formerly Part of two man pullpint/collectcash team with Compass Plc.

Hobbies - miserable cunt.
Desirables - An affinity for large red numbers

Back
Top Bottom