Please Stay Kevin McDonald

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

vorpal blade

Reaction score
If you happen to read this. I think you ought to consider how well Sheffield United play under Weir. The change he seems to have wrought in attitude and style and that Wolves are a team on the slide and we may not be.

Ring Kevin McCabe and see if you can't get him to give you a pay rise.

I hope DW is telling him he'll only be a bench-warmer at Wolves

That and a pay rise might help

and a bonus for going up on top of the one they've already been promised

and an extra goal bonus on top of the goal bonus he already has

Dammit! We can't afford him......

:(

Time to move on I think. A professional footballer plays for whoever offers him the most. That's not us in the foreseeable future. It's a team game though so let's see how the team reacts.

If only I knew the money for McDonald was going to be re-invested then I would be ok. We are a striker short so with this money we should be able to bring one in and a player like Robbie Blake or a young loan to replace McDonald

Time to move on I think. A professional footballer plays for whoever offers him the most. That's not us in the foreseeable future. It's a team game though so let's see how the team reacts.
If D.W. is a football man who thinks ahead. who. amongst his signings is going to make us forget K. Mac ever existed?

If he doesn't go to Wolves he will go somewhere else very soon.

Players are human. "I like your work, you could do good things for us. There's an opening at our place for double what you get now, interested?"

They come and go. First test for Weir and his planning, knowledge and contacts. Did he know this was a possibility and if so, what's the contingency? We will see

If he doesn't go to Wolves he will go somewhere else very soon.

This. If he was telling Blades in a motorway service station he wanted away, I imagine he's told his agent. And said agent will have been pimping his beeeyatch from Yeovil to Elgin. Pictures up in phone boxes and everything.

the first thing I would do is go down to Burton and buy the left back who knocked us out of the cup on Tuesday, Chris Hussey. Apart from his goals he looked a very good player in a position we need filling. I then trust DW to go and get 2 decent players , a striker and and an attacking midfielder ,if his 3 signings so far , Brandy ,Taylor and Coady who have featured are anything to go by I have much more trust in this manager than his previous 3 or 4 incumbents. He should also be armed with at least half a million. That is of course if Macdonald leaves.

Fuck him - and all who sail in him
Be realistic. Mentally, he has already gone. That ship has left the harbour.
Otherwise, why would he have instructed his agent to prossy him off to other clubs?

Only reason he stayed last season is he had no better offers.
I think you'll find that the "but Kevin, we resurrected your career after you sozzled it in alcohol and mardy tantrums" card has already been played. Last season was probably the redemption of any loyalty points KMac had in his mind, certainly his agents mind.

You have to realise that all players are the same - a bunch of arrogant mercenary twats who love to milk it but get mardy as fuck when they get stick for being shit.

That anecdotal story of KMac telling fans at an M5 services that he would be off in the close season tells you all you want to know.
He has used the Pre season to get himself fit and show cased for this very reason.
When he scored vs Notts he pointed to someone in the crowd. I'll bet the odds are good it was his agent.

Get to Wolves and sit on yer arse feller.
Thanks for fuck all.

The worrying thing that will come from this, is that it will have a negative effect on the squad.
From the highs of last fridays excellent footballing display,to the daunting prospect of a trip to brentford,with our heads dragging along the pavements of london.
This could only happen to us,i bet weir wishes he never came.

The worrying thing that will come from this, is that it will have a negative effect on the squad.
From the highs of last fridays excellent footballing display,to the daunting prospect of a trip to brentford,with our heads dragging along the pavements of london.
This could only happen to us,i bet weir wishes he never came.

Unless it turns out he was a right Colin Hunt and right now the team are high-fiving over their Coco-Pops.

Against Notts County KMac "put in a shift", the like of which we have rarely seen before. The fact that it was on Sky TV may have had something to do with it.

Was this a "come and buy me" for other managers?

If so, how much effort could we expect from him if he were to stay?

Coco Pops. Yep I can see that.

It's all a bit schoolboy shit for them isn't it?
A bit of an adventure playground jolly.
A kind of fluffy fantasy land when it's all nice and cosy.
Reality only hits them when the football ends and they have to make a proper living and find out that it was all just a dream.
It suddenly dawns on them that they have no life skills at all other than being "one of the lads" and being able to pour milk and hold a spoon.

If only they could turn life all chocolatey?

At times , like the run in last year macdonald was very disappointing. I do like him but hes no Tony Currie so my grief wont be as deep as some on here who seem to see hin as Iniesta, can he be replaced , of course he can, this is where Wier has to make a name for himself , by finding a repacement, not by 3 pm today but during the coming weeks . He has more flair than Doyle granted , but being the best of what was a poor bunch is not a cause to elevate his ability.

ps dont like coco pops

2 things (unless I think of some more while I'm writing);

What will Weir think about the ambitions of SUFC if McCabe gives in to selling one of our best players at such an inopportune time. Won't Weir be in the probationary (therefore easy in/easy out) period of his employ or doesn't it work like that?

I think it is highly likely that players and club officials read forums like this. In their position you would wouldn't you? I mean of course you would...

No, vorpal blade, I wouldn't read them. We're all a bunch of obsessive retards.
(My personal opinion not what I think they think - I'd you get my drift)

Don't think Weir will quit. He's made of sterner stuff than that.
He will give it a go and I think he will do ok given the tools (apt wording) he has to play with.
Just that we are a stepping stone to better things. We all know that.

KMac isn't the be all and end all player but he is the most talented footballer of a bunch of mediocre boys - but only when he wants to be.
It's his attitude and desire that has led him to be playing third division football with a doldrums club like ours.
If he is going to be anything like a success it's this he needs to change not just the colour of the shirt.

compare weir to Moyes
hes got Rooney wanting away
or brendan rogers with saurez

players much much better than kmac leave bigger clubs for money reasons, we shouldnt get upset about it

let weir find someone with the hunger to drag us up , football is full of challenges
had kmac done a cruciate wed have lost him for nothing , at least we are a few quid up on it , pro football is harsh, we have to do what yeovil did get in some terriers to replace the poodles
1 player wont define our season, unless it was a Tony Currie , but no he certainly wasnt

Apparently MacDonald had a release clause in his contract which Wolves have triggered. Should this be true then perhaps we didn't have any option but to sell him? Personally I think that contracts should be honoured, but if there is a clause in any contract that you, I or Kevin MacDonald can take advantage of then advantage will be taken.

Just me then that hopes players like Suarez continue on a misguided path of self destruction, contract Syph and have some niggling injury that aggravates. Perpetual tooth ache would be entirely appropriate I suggest.

Apparently MacDonald had a release clause in his contract which Wolves have triggered. Should this be true then perhaps we didn't have any option but to sell him? Personally I think that contracts should be honoured, but if there is a clause in any contract that you, I or Kevin MacDonald can take advantage of then advantage will be taken.
Makes it sound like an accident.
A bit like,"she fell pregnant"

Players and agents insist on that sort of clause when they sign for a club they are using as a stepping stone. It's their get out of jail cheap card. The only people that "trigger" it are the agents. They only get paid when a move occurs.

Lets see what happens to Rooney and Suarez (£40M and a penny). But if they are sold, Liverpool and Man Utd. will pick up enough money to make their teams much better. Same if Bale (£80M?) goes to Madrid.

That is why we are in the state we are in and I know we are in a far worse negotiating position, but Liverpool, MUFC and Tottenham are dealing they have given themselves a negotiating position. The blades, with their inferiority complex still not treated have just rolled over.

£750K (o.n.o.) from (the 'Massive' Wolves) would that even buy a new Hummer for Rooney?

2 things (unless I think of some more while I'm writing);

What will Weir think about the ambitions of SUFC if McCabe gives in to selling one of our best players at such an inopportune time. Won't Weir be in the probationary (therefore easy in/easy out) period of his employ or doesn't it work like that?

I think it is highly likely that players and club officials read forums like this. In their position you would wouldn't you? I mean of course you would...

Weir made it clear in the close season that if an offer came in they may be sold. He would have been aware of the KMac contract. Indeed he made it clear again yesterday that he was aware of the financial problems and what may happen. For once,it looks like he was told the truth.

In this case,becau of this clause,United haven't sold to the first bidder,but had to abide by the player's contract. I would have thought many players at many clubs have such clauses in their contracts

Thanks Bart,

BUT

Look at the efforts Liverpool are putting up to try and keep Suarez who supposedly has this clause that he goes if a penny over £40M is offered. Now I hear Gordon Taylor suggesting that the 'release clause' for Suarez isn't binding and it just makes me think that LFC have more professional lawyers and (therefore) more savvy owners than we do.

The clause only permits him to speak to other clubs, it doesn't mean we have to sell him, after all he is still contracted to us.

Thanks Bart,

BUT

Look at the efforts Liverpool are putting up to try and keep Suarez who supposedly has this clause that he goes if a penny over £40M is offered. Now I hear Gordon Taylor suggesting that the 'release clause' for Suarez isn't binding and it just makes me think that LFC have more professional lawyers and (therefore) more savvy owners than we do.

Not just the mega-cash legal team, but the financial clout to be able to hold out for stupid money. When you live hand-to-mouth you just have to take the cash, you cannot afford to pay for a long drawn out legal fight over a contract. Reality is a bitch!

If he goes he goes. It's all a bit boring now, same thing year on year we will never build anything so I've given up. I can't even be bothered to put out a plea for him to stay on here.

From Kevin's point of view though it depends what he's after. If its money then moving to Wolves is probably a no-brainer. He won't be as well liked by the fans there and won't be guaranteed a starting place like he seems to be at the lane.

Yes in the real world lawyers fees are all but unaffordable. There is pretty much only one profession that makes them look like paupers*, Professional Footballers. Its naïve to think that McCabe can't afford the lawyers Liverpool can.

*and Property Developers

Back
Top Bottom