Players in the Last Months of Contracts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ChipButtyBlade

Reaction score
Am i right in saying that any player in the last few months of their current contract can sign a pre contract agreement to sign for another club.

If this is so then we want to get some irons in the fire with our targets early.

Adkins should send a box of chocolates to Dan Burn i reckon he would like dairy milk.

Adkins can send a box of black magic to Romaine Sawyers.

Should sweeten them up a bit.

I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect our major transfer deal has already been sorted out - Hammond to sign on a permanent deal.

More than one person has suggested we've agreed to sign some players already.

How many? One, two, five?

All free agents?

Positions?

Am i right in saying that any player in the last few months of their current contract can sign a pre contract agreement to sign for another club.

If this is so then we want to get some irons in the fire with our targets early.

Adkins should send a box of chocolates to Dan Burn i reckon he would like dairy milk.

No, they can talk to clubs outside of the country they play in and sign agreements with them, but teams in the same country have to wait till the contracts expiry. Them are the rules anyway, who knows what happens!

No, they can talk to clubs outside of the country they play in and sign agreements with them, but teams in the same country have to wait till the contracts expiry. Them are the rules anyway, who knows what happens!

I don't think that's right at all – happens frequently in Scotland in more public ways between Scottish clubs. In fact there was a case involving a Ross County player a couple of years ago where he'd signed a pre-contract agreement and then changed his mind and went elsewhere – there was a serious question over how binding the pre-contract was.

Some of our business may already have been done.

I really really hope you're correct because we need to sort our squad out for next season asap rather than our usual stupid ploy of waiting until, the last few seconds of the transfer window closing then whinging that we did everything we could ..... but we couldn't get 8 really good deals over the line !! ( again ) o_O

It just doesn't "ring true" any more.

UTB & FTP

More and more clubs are now signing players on pre-contracts. Any player whose contract expires this summer are free to talk to any club from January and he does not need permission from his current club to speak to any other clubs

More and more clubs are now signing players on pre-contracts. Any player whose contract expires this summer are free to talk to any club from January and he does not need permission from his current club to speak to any other clubs

I heard a rumour a while ago that Adkins had already signed some players in the fashion that you mention above. Basically a "letter of intent", saying that as long as things don't change (E.G. the player does not suddenly ask for bigger wages, or the club suddenly say they can only afford half of what they thought they could), then that player would be joining SUFC in summer. Only a rumour though, not from any of the ITK lads who I know, so take it with a pinch of salt.

I heard a rumour a while ago that Adkins had already signed some players in the fashion that you mention above. Basically a "letter of intent", saying that as long as things don't change (E.G. the player does not suddenly ask for bigger wages, or the club suddenly say they can only afford half of what they thought they could), then that player would be joining SUFC in summer. Only a rumour though, not from any of the ITK lads who I know, so take it with a pinch of salt.
When I was told last month about more than a handful number of players have already agreed to join us, I asked questions such as 1) were all they recommended by Adkins and Turnbull? 2) does it depend on what division we are in? 3) are they signed on pre-contracts? etc but the person who told me said he doesn't know. When Sunjihi posted about Adkins going this summer, I came back to the same person (who doesn't go to many matches or posts in forums) and told him about it and told him that Sunjihi is always spot on with ITK stuff, he said he hadn't heard about this

According to sofifa.com (database of players in FIFA video games) the following league 1 players are out of contract in the summer:-

Daniel Bentley (Southend)
Emmanuel Osadebe (Gills)
Romaine Sawyers (Wallsall)
John Egan (Gills)
Jack Payne (Southend)
Yasser Kasim (Swindon)
Mark Beevers (Millwall)
Jermaine Grandison (Shrews)*
Lucas Akins (Burton)
Reda Johnson (Cov)
Adeji Oshilaja (Gills)
Kgosi Nthle (Peterborough)
Enoch Andoh (Vale)
Sam Mantom (Wallsall)
Paul Downing (Wallsall)
Adam Hammil (Barnsley)
Ed Upson (Millwall)
Reece Brown (Bury)
Ashley Eastham (Colchester)
Nathaniel Knight Percival (Shrews)*

Some gems there I reckon but some are under 24 so would command compensation.

* Not world beaters but centre halves who also play full back so may well be suited to the 352 if we're planning on sticking with it.

According to sofifa.com (database of players in FIFA video games) the following league 1 players are out of contract in the summer:-

Daniel Bentley (Southend)
Emmanuel Osadebe (Gills)
Romaine Sawyers (Wallsall)
John Egan (Gills)
Jack Payne (Southend)
Yasser Kasim (Swindon)
Mark Beevers (Millwall)
Jermaine Grandison (Shrews)*
Lucas Akins (Burton)
Reda Johnson (Cov)
Adeji Oshilaja (Gills)
Kgosi Nthle (Peterborough)
Enoch Andoh (Vale)
Sam Mantom (Wallsall)
Paul Downing (Wallsall)
Adam Hammil (Barnsley)
Ed Upson (Millwall)
Reece Brown (Bury)
Ashley Eastham (Colchester)
Nathaniel Knight Percival (Shrews)*

Some gems there I reckon but some are under 24 so would command compensation.

* Not world beaters but centre halves who also play full back so may well be suited to the 352 if we're planning on sticking with it.
Sawyers,Akins,Beevers.

Interesting how three of the stand out midget midfielders in the division are out of contract - Jack Payne, Erhun Oztumer and Yasser Kasim.

Fabien Robert from Swindon's another interesting one, he showed quite a lot of ability at the start of the season.

Shaun Williams at Millwall (ex MK Dons) is another one out of contract, would be a good replacement for McEveley. Ideal for LCB.

Now this would be dirty as fuck, but we could assemble a defence of Mark Beevers, Richard Wood and Reda Johnson - they're all out of contract too.

Now this would be dirty as fuck, but we could assemble a defence of Mark Beevers, Richard Wood and Reda Johnson - they're all out of contract too.

I doubt they'd tarnish their reputation amongst the unclean - particularly Reda who I believe was spotted taking selfies in the crowd at the sty t'other week.

Don't reckon it'd go down too well with many of our lot, either.

I doubt they'd tarnish their reputation amongst the unclean - particularly Reda who I believe was spotted taking selfies in the crowd at the sty t'other week.

Don't reckon it'd go down too well with many of our lot, either.

I agree about Johnson - he's a very committed pig, still very fresh from the sty. Which is a shame, as he's the sort of physical, uncompromising defender we could do with. Also left footed and scores goals.

I'd have no problem whatsoever with Beevers and I doubt many of our fans would. He left them a while ago and I don't think he supports them, he's from Barnsley. He's still only 26 too which surprised me. Also left footed.

Same goes for Wood, I'd have no problem with him but it depends on his fitness. I'd prefer Beevers out of the two though.

I agree about Johnson - he's a very committed pig, still very fresh from the sty. Which is a shame, as he's the sort of physical, uncompromising defender we could do with. Also left footed and scores goals.

I'd have no problem whatsoever with Beevers and I doubt many of our fans would. He left them a while ago and I don't think he supports them, he's from Barnsley. He's still only 26 too which surprised me. Also left footed.

Same goes for Wood, I'd have no problem with him but it depends on his fitness. I'd prefer Beevers out of the two though.

I'll never forget how poor old Richard Cresswell was "booed" onto the pitch when he debuted for us, and what a hard grafter he turned out to be.

I think some people would "Boo" themselves hoarse if we had three ex pigs on the field, can you imagine the noise if one of them made a slight mistake?

I actually think that the three of them would be very effective, and big Reda could score from corners and set pieces.

I'll never forget how poor old Richard Cresswell was "booed" onto the pitch when he debuted for us, and what a hard grafter he turned out to be.

I think some people would "Boo" themselves hoarse if we had three ex pigs on the field, can you imagine the noise if one of them made a slight mistake?

I actually think that the three of them would be very effective, and big Reda could score from corners and set pieces.
Geary, Quinn, Bromby.

Good point, and I can't honestly remember what reception they got, but do remember Cressy (and of course Danny Wilson)
From what I remember most of us found it amusing when we took Quinn and Bromby as the pork rated them. Geary ran about and got stuck in which always goes down well. Shame he got injured.

Would love to see Akins from Burton but with him being a large part of their success this season doubt he would want to go through it all again, plus I don't think NC would want to lose him to us.

Payne from Southend looks a promising young midfielder, would he fit into the NA master plan for next season (whatever that may be) or is that the area he is looking at to cement his "Pathway" for the young ones ?

Johnson would never be signed by Adkins and rightly so. He's another James Wallace injury wise. I'd take John Egan out of all the centre halves from that list. Young, but experienced and he was their player of the season last season. I'd love Kasim from Swindon but no doubt he'll go to the Championship club. Some other good names on there but can't see us getting the stand out ones like Sawers because they'll no doubt be looking for Championship clubs again. More realistically would be Sam Manton from Walsall who I know is a decent winger. We always steal their better players and they've not been that good have they!

Johnson would never be signed by Adkins and rightly so. He's another James Wallace injury wise. I'd take John Egan out of all the centre halves from that list. Young, but experienced and he was their player of the season last season. I'd love Kasim from Swindon but no doubt he'll go to the Championship club. Some other good names on there but can't see us getting the stand out ones like Sawers because they'll no doubt be looking for Championship clubs again. More realistically would be Sam Manton from Walsall who I know is a decent winger. We always steal their better players and they've not been that good have they!

It appears Egan is actually out of contract, if so we should go straight in for him. Could be a key signing.

Mantom's a central midfielder. We could do worse. We will do worse.

Back
Top Bottom