Player of the Season Award 2020-2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So far...

1. Basham
2. Egan
3. Baldock
4. McGoldrick

...though on current form, 3/4 will end up swapping, and there’s still plenty of time for others to step up (or these to go to shit). Mind you, I only mentioned a fourth position because he’s the only one worthy of it; if we were doing a top 5, I’d not even name a fifth.
As feared, the form of some of these did continue to nosedive... but on the bright side, Didzy continued to improve and Ramsdale cut out the mistakes. So I reckon:

1. McGoldrick
(Country mile)
2. Ramsdale
3. Basham
(Regulation mile)
The rest

Honourable mention for Bogle who’s had some stormers, but he’s only played about a dozen times and wasn’t particularly amazing in about half of them.

Last edited:

McGoldrick, hopefully next season he'll have Brewster, McBurnie and Sharp slamming in goals alongside him.

As feared, the form of some of these did continue to nosedive... but on the bright side, Didzy continued to improve and Ramsdale cut out the mistakes. So I reckon:

1. McGoldrick
(Country mile)
2. Ramsdale
3. Basham
(Regulation mile)
The rest

Honourable mention for Bogle who’s had some stormers, but he’s only played about a dozen times and wasn’t particularly amazing in about half of them.
Ramsdale? Despite recently turning in to a goalkeeper who does things you expect of him, he has been a big reason we are in this mess.

Ramsdale? Despite recently turning in to a goalkeeper who does things you expect of him, he has been a big reason we are in this mess.
A bit tongue in cheek to be fair - firstly showing how bad everyone’s drop-off has been since my original post. Even Bash has been terrible for the past few weeks, and at fault for a few goals since Jan... but he always gets a pass because he’s Bash. Him and McGoldrick are my two favourites (he says like an eight year old mascot), but even I think he’s been well short of his own high standards for the past few months. Effort is still there, but I think he’s tiring.

But also Ramsdale wasn’t as bad as everyone made out in the first half of the season. Made lots of mistakes in quite a few games, but not the one-man disaster zone everyone painted him as, and not actually directly culpable for many goals. And he’s been mostly great this calendar year.

David Mcgoldrick 7 days a week and twice on a sunday.... the only thing i enjoy about this season is seeing him 'play football'
biggest disappointment for me this season is Enda, love the bloke , but hes been gash.

Ken Mallender comes as a surprise Silent. Can't remember any stand out performances.

Thought it might have been Willie Carlin.
Hodgy won the first in 1967, Ken in 1968 and Dave Powell in 1969. Woody won in 1970, 1974, 1976 and 1978. TC only won 1971. Hockey 1972, Hemsley 1973, Brown 1975, Edwards 1977.

Has to be McGoldrick.
As much as I love Bash, he's been on the weak side of a couple piss-poor 50-50s that have cost us dearly. (vs Lookman for a Fulham goal and vs ... fuck it I've erased the memory)

The Desso a solid 9/10 every game i've seen,then McGoldrick.Not many other bright spots in a crap season

1st place Didsy.

and to quote the racing commentactor when Shegear won the Derby... “you need a pair of binoculars to see the others they are so far behind “

Needs filtering for x apps plus, but...

Screenshot_20210320-201823__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210320-201811__01.jpg

I voted rudigers calm finish past Mendy against Chelsea.

I voted for Kean Bryan as a bit of a protest vote.

It’s basically the least shittest player award and I’d be embarrassed to win it. They should’ve just cancelled it.

The way things are going do we think this is going to take place?

This is what happened in a similar situation a few years back:

Carlo Nash favourite to be Norwich City's Player of the Season (despite not playing a game) as fans hijack voting system | Daily Mail Online

If I had a vote it would have to be

Aleksandar Mitrović​

Stopped a penalty being scored against us and won a penalty for us which led to us getting (as things stand) half our points total this season.

---

In all seriousness the only contenders would surely have to be one of: Egan, Basham and Baldock?
Rammers.

Why isnt Jebbo available for POTY? Probably near top of average rating vs minutes played, and to come from successful U23 campaign to cracking the first team.

Outraged! Boycotting voting 😤

1. McGoldrick (By a country mile)
2. Baldock (Never gave up)
3. Ramsdale (Brilliant since January)
4. Egan. (Solid in difficult times)
5. Basham. (100 %)
6. Bogle (Shows promise)
7. Eze (Destroyed our midfield)

Back
Top Bottom