Player of the calendar year 2019

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Calendar player of the year 2019

• Henderson

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Egan

Votes: 24 11.3%
  • O’Connell

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Basham

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • Stevens

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Baldock

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Norwood

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Fleck

Votes: 16 7.5%
  • Lundstrum

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • McGoldrick

Votes: 98 46.0%
  • Sharp

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Moooooose

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShorehamRevolution

Reaction score
Henderson - without him at the back end of last season we have conceded more goals at the back outstanding saves, this season continues

Egan - just solid no more to be said than that

O’Connell - see above

Basham - crucial goal against Leeds, now I’ll hold my hand up and say I was questioning his talents and ability to do it in the premier league but looks comfortable.

Stevens and Baldock - amazed me more this season than last season absolutely brilliant in the premier league

Norwood - seems to have faded into the background a little because of other players outstanding performances but always comes out with some amazing balls as always, more commanding at the back than he gets credit for

Lundstram - going to hold my hands up again I said we should get rid in the summer !
on the team sheet every week now. Looks strong and commited to the cause

Fleck - adapted great and improved game on game in the premier league the greatest Scotsman to pull on the red and white?

Sharp - chips in on the field when he gets chance but my guess is behind the scenes he’s very influential

McGoldrick- that goal against hull and some of his other between January and may were important, this season I don’t care about his goals, his performances put him up there for me as a contender for player of the calendar year 2019. What a year even without a goal since last season.

Moooooose - one of the most skilful players I’ve seen play in the red and white

I can’t decide personally they’re all worthy winners. At a push I’d go with Egan or Norwood but it’s a tight one.

Last edited:

Henderson - without him at the back end of last season we have conceded more goals at the back outstanding saves, this season continues

Egan - just solid no more to be said than that

O’Connell - see above

Basham - crucial goal against Leeds, now I’ll hold my hand up and say I was questioning his talents and ability to do it in the premier league but looks comfortable.

Stevens and Baldock - amazed me more this season than last season absolutely brilliant in the premier league

Norwood - seems to have faded into the background a little because of other players outstanding performances but always comes out with some amazing balls as always, more commanding at the back than he gets credit for

Lundstram - going to hold my hands up again I said we should get rid in the summer !
on the team sheet every week now. Looks strong and commited to the cause

Fleck - adapted great and improved game on game in the premier league the greatest Scotsman to pull on the red and white?

Sharp - chips in on the field when he gets chance but my guess is behind the scenes he’s very influential

McGoldrick- that goal against hull and some of his other between January and may were important, this season I don’t care about his goals, his performances put him up there for me as a contender for player of the calendar year 2019. What a year even without a goal since last season.

Moooooose - one of the most skilful players I’ve seen play in the red and white

I can’t decide personally they’re all worthy winners. At a push I’d go with Egan or Norwood but it’s a tight one.

Egan just solid is the most ridiculous post of 2019.

It’s not easy to do what he does so so so so well.

I’ve gone for Egan. I just ❤ him.

He hasn’t just made the step-up to the Premier League - he’s looked like one of the best CBs at this level!

Last edited:
Egan just solid is the most ridiculous post of 2019.

It’s not easy to do what he does so so so so well.

There’s nothing more to say than “just solid” in my opinion. I could’ve gone a lot deeper than just solid but just solid explains exactly what he is.

McGoldrick.

He dragged us to promotion in that final run in. I think I counted probably 7, or 8 games where he was our man of the match. He oozed calm. Scored vital goals. Kept us ticking. Such a classy player.

This season. Same again. He makes us so much better by linking the play between the lines. When he's missing we look like the side a lot of our critics claim we are - long ball, direct etc.

I just love watching him play. I said on another thread - if he'd managed to score half of the big chances he's had we'd be in the top 4, the media would say he's carrying us & he'd genuinely be a contender for Premier Leage Player of the Season. Sadly, the misses mean he will remain a figure only truly appreciated within Bramall Lane.

For me, he is the first name on the team sheet. You fit everything else around him.

How hard a decision is that to make?

Agree with all that is being said about McGoldrick and my vote came down to him, Egan and Stevens. Mind you, everybody else on the list has had a 9 out of 10 year! In the end, I've gone with Stevens - McGoldrick missing a few weeks injured and his misses went against him (nitpicking but you have to with this lot) and Egan's handball shenanigans against Millwall (harsh as well). Also, whilst they have been brilliant, they've stepped up one division whereas Enda's rise has been meteoric. So, by the slimmest of slim margins, I go with Enda. But I can accept Didzy or Egan too. In fact, I'll go with any of them!

In all honesty I could have picked most from that list.

Went for Egan simply due to how solid he has been and the way he has seemlessly stepped up to the PL. But again, how many could we say that for? Just about every single one of them.

Didzy will win this though, and I understand why. I would have picked him myself if it wasn't for the misses.........sorry Didzy, I still love you 😍

At first I thought I can’t possibly choose between half a dozen outstanding candidates but ultimately I didz.

I think it almost unfair to pick any particular player so I opt out. This year (last three years really) has truly been a team effort and everyone has raised their game to an unbelievably consistent level. I am sure we will be getting some end of years stats - games won, points, goals scored etc. Now that will be worth seeing.

I know it's not just about the goals scored, and it's more about the bigger picture and what a player brings to the table, but it's still at the back of my mind that Goldie is still to score a goal (and therefore a few goals) that he really should have by now.

Not knockin the lad as he contributes in different ways, but for that reason, he comes in 2nd for me.

The winner for me... Enda. The lad has been nothing short of superb.

I've gone with Stevens as great though Didzy is, when he keeps missing those chances its disappointing.If they were taken we would be top 4 now. Enda has been outstanding this year and given his journey of coming from League 2 Portsmouth in May 2017 2 years later he is nutmegging and scoring in the PL - incredible.

A bit of festive fun. Who will win it in 2020? The Irishmen will still be favourites, but the following are likely to be much more prominent:

Moose. A beast. Moooooooooooose on the rampage.
McBurnie. Young player in slow-start shock. Noise and nonsense follows. Watch him go.
Baldock. A real revelation. See Lundstram.
Fleck. Always a personal favourite.
Lundstram. A real revelation. See Baldock.
New Signing. Great player. Gerrimintufty.
Hendo. Rather depends...

Cant decide. So I went for Enda Stevens anyway because I want an Enda Stevens action figure.

Henderson. Contribution has been major. Unfortunately he's the elephant in the room

I love watching Mousset, such an exciting talent. How long can we keep him ?

That is a really hard choice to make but for me Stevens has just nipped it. He has been brilliant this season and really made a massive step up always there when we need a nice easy option to pass the ball to and covers so much ground up and down the wing constantly that added to the highlight reel he now has of taking people on in the premiership he really has made a massive step up in class. They could all win this and all deserve a massive pat on the back. What a time to be a blade we really have watched some abysmal performances over the years so really enjoying the good times now.

Back
Top Bottom