Pick 5 Blades to go for a drink with

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Akinbiyi

Banned
Reaction score
In the style of Undr The Cosh

Past or present.
Who, and if you really care that much to explain why, why?

Chris Wilder: just bet he’s a proper fucking scream. Loves a beer as well.
Rob Kozluk: will provide the laughs. Doubtless.
Billy Whitehurst: if anyone starts getting shirty he’ll be sent out to shut em up good and proper.
Billy Sharp: Wouldn’t be a doo without the cap’n. Loves a beer also.
John Fleck: wants a corona.

Pesch
Scougs
Louis Vanerama
Alan Wright
Bobby Ford

Howard Kendall - organiser
Dougie Hodgson- protection
Billy Whitehurst- protection
Richard Stearman- pisshead
Peter Beagrie - pillion ride home.

Ernest Needham
Billy Gillespie
Jack Pickering
Jimmy Hagan
Joe Shaw

This will cover all the generations in SUFC history until I was 4 and I would be interested in their stories!

Jimmy Johnstone
Bobby Campbell
Kevin Arnott
Billy Whitehurst
Don Hutchison

Quiet night but interesting conversation

I can tick the first two off this list as me and my mate had a few drinks with Campbell and Johnstone in the Crazy Daizy one night in the mid 70's while they were at United.
Billy Whitehurst also asked me to give my chair up for the woman he was with in the upper bar in Josephine's one Saturday night. Needless to say, I didn't refuse his request.

My five Blades to go on a session with and to say thanks for the memories would be:

Chris Wilder, Tony Currie, Billy Sharp, Bobby Davison & Dave Bassett.

Stearman
Ben Osborn (seems a laugh, based on his Twitter)
Kozluk
Wilder
Morgan

In the style of Undr The Cosh

Past or present.
Who, and if you really care that much to explain why, why?

Chris Wilder: just bet he’s a proper fucking scream. Loves a beer as well.
Rob Kozluk: will provide the laughs. Doubtless.
Billy Whitehurst: if anyone starts getting shirty he’ll be sent out to shut em up good and proper.
Billy Sharp: Wouldn’t be a doo without the cap’n. Loves a beer also.
John Fleck: wants a corona.

If it meant i could go to a pub right now, i'd happily go with Dean Hammond, Martyn Woolford, Conor Sammon, Michael Higdon and Jordan Stewart

Scougs
Baxter
Higdon
Sammon
McNulty

Scougall on the shoulders of Higdon while he sniffs Jose's line of coke off Sammon's shiny head as a shocked McNulty watches on with lollipop-in-mouth and cardigan-on-shoulder.

Do you remember the words he used (if so what were they)?

Yes I do actually. I was sat at the bar waiting to meet a mate when I was aware of someone stood at the side of me. When I turned round, I recognised Billy Whitehurst with a decent looking blonde on his arm and nodded to him. All he asked was if I'd mind "giving up my seat for the lady" to which I replied no problem.
All good natured and no trouble at all.

You're not him are you? :oops:

You're not him are you? :oops:
No.
I was just wondering if the had a civil side given everything I'd heard about him always seems intimidating.
I remembered reading an article on him which opened with how the interview (which the article was based on) started, his opening line was, 'you aren't student cunts are you?'
The story about seeing off Wednesday hooligans, Razor Rudduck, keeping door at a pub where he looked like he'd had his nose bitten off and poorly stuck back on again (that might have come from the article).

Bradshaw (enforcer)
Whitehurst (enforcer)
Stearman (bladdered)
Ched (knows some good hotels)
Macburnie (designated driver)

How about me? I'm a blade, like a drink and would be up fot it

No.
I was just wondering if the had a civil side given everything I'd heard about him always seems intimidating.
I remembered reading an article on him which opened with how the interview (which the article was based on) started, his opening line was, 'you aren't student cunts are you?'
The story about seeing off Wednesday hooligans, Razor Rudduck, keeping door at a pub where he looked like he'd had his nose bitten off and poorly stuck back on again (that might have come from the article).

When he had the Cricketers, and he was in a good mood, Sunday afternoons he’d sometimes hold court and tell stories. Could be very funny.

Rob Kozluk - how could you not invite Kozzy?
Jan-Age Fjortoft - almost certainly the coolest man to play for United, and seems like great fun to boot
Ben Osborn - wanting to meet footballers is great, but Osborn seems like one of the very few who is a normal bloke I'd probably get on with
Deane/Agana - cos I 'met' them both when I was a baby

When he had the Cricketers, and he was in a good mood, Sunday afternoons he’d sometimes hold court and tell stories. Could be very funny.
Also did a presentable Penny Arcade when the Karioke got going, mind you no one was going to say otherwise, we're they

Also did a presentable Penny Arcade when the Karioke got going, mind you no one was going to say otherwise, we're they

Do you remember the teenage girl who sang Whitney Houston songs? She was really good but couldn’t sing anything else!

Do you remember the teenage girl who sang Whitney Houston songs? She was really good but couldn’t sing anything else!
Yes, Sunday afternoons were one of the best sessions of the week with Billy, Eric and some of the 1st team who shall best remain nameless

Back
Top Bottom