Paul won't be judged on what happens on a Saturday afternoon.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's a results based business.

We need points consistency.

Anyone would think we are a Samaritan s and Paul has come in to be the main listener based on that statement

Let's see if this holds true when we are hovering over the relegation trap door.

There's no way that the prince would see his investment be devalued by a possible relegation.

Absolutely bonkers stuff.

This takes me back to the latter years of Mike McDonald and Columbotti (spelling!)

For what its worth i still think we will go up, too much sh*t in the league not to reach playoffs

Quite confident we can reach the playoff positions now - but our record is shit in them, so zero confidence we'll win them ;)

Never say never and I'm sure we'd all take that tonight.

UTB

Maybe they'll only judge Sunday and Tuesday matches???

I imagine it was a clumsy way of trying to say it's a long term project not a short term one. He probably thought it sounded progressive but now people just think we aren't arsed about losing
The collective feet of the board were that far in their collective mouths that it was probably the only phrase they could manage to get out. Bunch of jokers.

Maybe they'll only judge Sunday and Tuesday matches???
Don't forget Mondays, we have a bit of a flurry of monday matches coming up. In fact there's only one more Saturday game left this year, so Hecky will actually find himself judged loads in the coming weeks.

The collective feet of the board were that far in their collective mouths that it was probably the only phrase they could manage to get out. Bunch of jokers.
I think the way they point out as the way forward I’d spot on.
The crucial part of their plan is to have the right people in place for each area of the club.
Whether we have the right Football Manager will be seen, not necessarily this season, but the next and the ones thereafter.

I think the way they point out as the way forward I’d spot on.
The crucial part of their plan is to have the right people in place for each area of the club.
Whether we have the right Football Manager will be seen, not necessarily this season, but the next and the ones thereafter.
Why has it taken them so long to put this groundbreaking strategy in place?

Why has it taken them so long to put this groundbreaking strategy in place?
Good question, but hopefully not now relevant if they have it right.
As with most things only time will tell whether all or any of it works !!

Good question, but hopefully not now relevant if they have it right.
As with most things only time will tell whether all or any of it works !!
I admire the optimism. Past results and behaviours tell me that we’ll have done it the wrong way and it won’t work.

Maybe it was a clumsy way of getting through to the players that their lack of effort and commitment won't see the manager getting the blame and being moved on, but them being moved on

Potentially means he’s judged on making us more of a development club? Focus more on developing youth talent and selling them on at decent prices with clauses to help plug our finances. Someone that won’t complain when given no funds in the transfer window. Big adjustments to make when you go from >100m revenue back to ~20m with parachute payments falling away at some point and no wealthy owner bankrolling us. Original plan was to hire a star manager in Slav to go straight back up, but that was looking increasingly unlikely with the results and hence the rethink in terms of strategy.

2BB7DC16-2E96-4679-84F6-A907C1FB3205.jpeg

Bettis might not judge him, but the fans will and if results don’t come in neither do the paying customers, so let’s see how long that lasts…

Am I missing something here? Seems to me that the owner, chairman, CEO, the board have done a complete U-turn. They didn't except Wilders management style because they weren't comfortable in him wanting to make his own decisions and the hierarchy didn't except that. Now they say they will all be stepping back to allow Hecky and Bettis to control everything related to the 'football' side of the business. Had Wilder been given those assurances before he left, we may have seen a very different and rejuvenated character to the same level as when he first joined us. Despite some poor signings PA was adamant that they were happy for him to continue in the roll providing the board took back some control. Doesn't make sense to me.

Am I missing something here? Seems to me that the owner, chairman, CEO, the board have done a complete U-turn. They didn't except Wilders management style because they weren't comfortable in him wanting to make his own decisions and the hierarchy didn't except that. Now they say they will all be stepping back to allow Hecky and Bettis to control everything related to the 'football' side of the business. Had Wilder been given those assurances before he left, we may have seen a very different and rejuvenated character to the same level as when he first joined us. Despite some poor signings PA was adamant that they were happy for him to continue in the roll providing the board took back some control. Doesn't make sense to me.
This seems to me to be right.

You won’t let Wilder do that, but you’ll let someone with a worse track record do it?

The difference is, I assume, that Heckingbottom can be pushed around and Wilder can’t.

If Hecky keeps us out of League One for the next four years of his contract he will be as deserving of a statue as Wilder..this is a poisoned chalice appointment, skint owner, Ageing squad on long term contracts, best player is here only on loan and now more likely to be recalled in a month..

Avoiding relegation from this division is now the target for the foreseeable future don‘t kid yourself otherwise..

Good luck Paul.

Bettis might not judge him, but the fans will and if results don’t come in neither do the paying customers, so let’s see how long that lasts…

We've just endured 17.5 games of pure dross and we still dragged in 27k who could barely muster a half time boo.

Unfortunately, Slav was the wrong appointment for the club at this time. Players seemingly not performing at the necessary level, little prospect of much money in Jan. Could argue that Board has acted swiftly to give time for Hecky to make a stab at play offs! On the plus side, PH is a thoroughly decent man who knows the club inside out. He believes in developing players and seems to work well with Jack Lester. He did make a positive difference at the end of last season. Stuart McCall is a good right hand man for him too. Slav was an exciting appointment, but Communication with fans (& players?) not great..so...on balance I am optimistic that the team will improve. Whether a 4.5 year contract was wise remains to be seen.

Sheffield United is now a business the football now isn’t even secondary.

Back
Top Bottom