Paul Finnish Bottom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We tried to off-load them in the last window and nobody came in. Unless we are willing to pay half the wages, I don't see anybody coming in for our players. Certainly not on permanents
Think we still have one or 2 that will command fees, agreed not that many, but not being privy to their wages we can only assume, maybe we did have offers over the summer but knocked them back in the thinking we were heading back to the premier league, all this I don’t know, all we can go on is the press conference for now stating players out not in, certainly interesting/worrying times. We’ve been here before and I’m sure unfortunately we will be there again ⚔️⚔️

We tried to off-load them in the last window and nobody came in. Unless we are willing to pay half the wages, I don't see anybody coming in for our players. Certainly not on permanents
There is a difference though one that concerns me

I got the impression on the summer we wanted to move players out but couldn’t due to not have the replacements coming in.

This window it seems moving them out will be less of an issue because we intend to replace from within.

I got the impression on the summer we wanted to move players out but couldn’t due to not have the replacements coming in.

This window it seems moving them out will be less of an issue because we intend to replace from within.

I don't think that was the issue personally. We have 6 senior strikers for instance (7 if you include Jebbison). We could have lost 3 of them and barely notice. If we were able to get big earners like Brewster, McBurnie, Freeman and Burke off the books we would absolutely have done it. There is only Jebbison, N'Diaye and maybe Egan now who could get the same wages elsewhere as they are here.

I suppose we will see in January

I personally think you will find that the following could move out in Jan: -

Berge > £15m (he is probably still worth that sort of money, based upon his previous history prior to with us and potential) Don't be surprised to see a move to the barcodes, with their new found wealth, Tindall and the Prince connection.
Moose > Up to £1m and wages off the books. Jebson will return from loan.
Burke > Up to £1m or loan to a view and wages off the books.
Olsen > Loan terminated.
Hourihane > Loan terminated.
Egan > If a good offer comes in, he will be gone and I also think that if it's prem club, that he will also push for the move.
Boldock > Same as Egan.

The summer may see one of the kids being sold to raise revenue?

Incomings in Jan will be zero and in the Summer may see a few free transfers in midfield and defence.
I will bare my arse on the townhall steps is we get £15M for Berge.

Sadly not - we didn't sell because nobody wanted them. The plan was to cash in on Berge and Ramsdale - the failure to sell Berge prevented the moved for more players.

I personally think you will find that the following could move out in Jan: -

Berge > £15m (he is probably still worth that sort of money, based upon his previous history prior to with us and potential) Don't be surprised to see a move to the barcodes, with their new found wealth, Tindall and the Prince connection.
Moose > Up to £1m and wages off the books. Jebson will return from loan.
Burke > Up to £1m or loan to a view and wages off the books.
Olsen > Loan terminated.
Hourihane > Loan terminated.
Egan > If a good offer comes in, he will be gone and I also think that if it's prem club, that he will also push for the move.
Boldock > Same as Egan.

The summer may see one of the kids being sold to raise revenue?

Incomings in Jan will be zero and in the Summer may see a few free transfers in midfield and defence.
Wasn’t Hourihane Heckingbottom’s captain at Barnsley? I can see him featuring regularly under him

Back
Top Bottom