Patience

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Latters

Reaction score
I made no secret of the fact that I was very disappointed when we failed to appoint a manager with any sort of track record and instead went for the unknown entity in Weir.

I felt we were taking a risk at completely the wrong time. We cannot afford to stagnate at this level forever, or, heaven forbid, get even worse. I was knowingly told by some, this isn't a risk, Weir will be brilliant. "Oh, you wait and see", some scoffed.

Well, I've waited and I'm seeing. Unfortunately, what I am seeing is absolutely fucking toss.

I would like to ask a question if I may. Why should Weir be afforded more patience than another manager, simply because he has absolutely no experience or track record?

A manager is appointed to do a job at our club, not speak well about the game. I don't care if he's won the Premier League five times, got seventeen relegations on his CV or never managed in his life before. I am looking at how he performs for us in isolation. Thus far, Weir has performed abysmally, playing a system that didn't suit our existing players, then signing more players that don't fit into the system. He has shown absolutely no evidence that he is capable of adapting his style either to suit the situation, or our players. He does not appear to be learning from any mistakes.

It didn't help that he came in having no idea who any of our players were, bar a couple of training sessions, and then having to base an opinion of who was good enough and who wasn't on the strength of some non-competitive pre-season friendlies.

People will say we wouldn't have been promoted under Wilson, but he would have made a better fist of it than Weir is currently doing. You appoint a new manager with the intention of getting better. We have become immeasurably worse. We cannot create chances and we cannot keep clean sheets.

I'm all for patience when you can see that it might pay off, but not when it's to the detriment of the club and we continue to deteriorate.

I'm not saying sack him now, but he needs to be made well aware that if he doesn't take his head out of his arse and realise that his piss poor system isn't working pretty damn soon he will be out on his arse, and rightly so.

Agreed to an extent.

Playing this system we need fullbacks to get forward & give support. You also need someone to sit in front of the back 4.

We have no players who are capable of doing this with success. Its scandalous that we have 5-6 fullbacks at the club & not one is capable of playing in this system. Its obvious that we are now in mid Sept & the players are just not upto playing this way.

Something will have to give & soon.

Back
Top Bottom