CONFIRMED Panagiotis Retsos

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lee Baxter

Reaction score
"Sheffield United set to swoop for Greece Under-21 captain Panagiotis Retsos in loan switch from Bayer Leverkusen for rest of the season."

received_179798933382020.jpeg

CB arriving on loan from Bayern Levekusen. Right footed, can play anywhere along a back line. 21. Capatained Olympiacos when he was just 18. Levekusen signed him for 15 million in 2017 and he impressed during his first season there but has suffered from a few injuries since. Described as very composed on the ball, reads the game well and is an aerial threat. Would suit the RCB position. Link below for more details.

Could be a bit of a coup this one - been highly rated for a long time, but as the article says, ravaged by injuries.

Could be a bit of a coup this one - been highly rated for a long time, but as the article says, ravaged by injuries.
Yeah, I can't say I've watched him play but his pedigree and versatility both sound top notch. Keep him fit and it sounds like we've got a player, as long as this report is accurate.

It would be strange in our situation to pay a substantial loan fee if we have no chance of signing the player permanently.

It seems very much like they see a future for him at Leverkusen.

His versatility in defence or midfield make him a good fit for us though. Seems a high calibre player.

Intriguing link. Can’t say I know anything about him but If he’s moved for over £15m a few years ago and played for his country - he must have something about him.

Would seem to be a versatile piece to add to the defence we have. Wonder if we would try and add any sort of clause into any deal or if he’s part of the long term plans in Germany....

I don't normally share what I hear but I'm actually well and truly ITK on this one and can say he's definitely signing
Very cheeky Betsy
Saying he’s definitely signing on this thread
And also saying he’s definitely not signing on the other thread

I dont know him, never seen him play, but as Ricky says what's the point if we can't keep him?
Fair enough if he was to hit the ground running and cement us a place on the top half, but he's probably wanting a run of games to get his fitness back.
We don't have the time or the points to do that.

Alternatively, we would be more patient with him if we knew it was a long term signing.

Can't see the point in this one. Back up schmack up.

Looks like he's a left sided defender, central defender/ holding midfielder.

Didn't we sign the lad from Forest for this position?

If he's signing then surely that means Bryan must be leaving on loan.

Could be a loan with an option to make it perm at the end of the season? Otherwise seems an odd addition. But hey if it improves our overall squad strength then then it's a positive.

Can’t see us signing a 21 year old on loan unless we’re serious about signing him permanently. It’s not like he’d be a certain starter in our current situation, plus he’s missing match fitness in his situation.

Don’t see this one at all

That would be all 3 signings that can play CB

Well i mean we have got rid of stearman and Bryan is in the verge of being let go, we were already short of cover there, so 2/3 is what I’d expect tbh.

Looks like he's a left sided defender, central defender/ holding midfielder.

Didn't we sign the lad from Forest for this position?

If he's signing then surely that means Bryan must be leaving on loan.

Could be a loan with an option to make it perm at the end of the season? Otherwise seems an odd addition. But hey if it improves our overall squad strength then then it's a positive.

Right footed

If it's all about first team football for him, and why wouldn't it be, then why should he come here?

Nobody gets into our team.

Basham is going nowhere.

So where would Retsos play? Midfield?
To be fair Basham is 32 we could do with looking for his successor. If there’s any chance we could sign this guy (agreed fee within the loan agreement maybe) we should look into it. It’s a position that requires legs as much as wing back does, you never know when a player is going to lose those ‘legs’ past 30.
I don’t see Rodwell being a particularly exciting option going forward.

To be fair Basham is 32 we could do with looking for his successor. If there’s any chance we could sign this guy (agreed fee within the loan agreement maybe) we should look into it. It’s a position that requires legs as much as wing back does, you never know when a player is going to lose those ‘legs’ past 30.
I don’t see Rodwell being a particularly exciting option going forward.

If we have a chance of getting him permanently, I agree.

Holgate would have also been great for this but he had to go and get in Everton's team just in time.

Back
Top Bottom