Paddy McNair

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We don’t have a head of recruitment?

We could do a lot worse. He's a solid Championship player, versatile, who would complement the younger lads. He probably also needs a move to spark him back up again. Like this one in principle.

I would imagine that if we are genuinely interested then we will already have had talks with his agent.

We could do a lot worse. He's a solid Championship player, versatile, who would complement the younger lads. He probably also needs a move to spark him back up again. Like this one in principle.

I would imagine that if we are genuinely interested then we will already have had talks with his agent.
Can't see how McNair calling Arblaster a good looking lad will get us playing better but we'll see

Meh....typical uninspiring SUFC/Wilder signing from our primary school level recruitment team...

We're going to need a lot more like this to build a capable squad.
We have so few players in contract for next season.

Best to judge at the end of the window than look at everything in isolation. If he's here to fill the Basham void of a versatile non-starting player then I'd be happy enough.

I hope we do go for him, hes looked a very good player every time Ive seen him, he ran us ragged year before last.
But I know the usual suspects will be straight on his back.

Bashamesque? In Wilder's first spell he used to push Basham into midfield on occasions, switching from 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2 diamond. I think it was a good strategy, something to turn to when things didn't work, sometimes just for 15 minutes, and it kept us more flexible. It also helped us keep the ability, the knowledge, of playing with a back four.

There is a danger in sticking too much to one formation. When you need to change it, the players will struggle to adapt if it's not something they do with some regularity. Eventually Wilder stopped using Basham that way, and we seemed to forget how to play with a back four.

I think we've seen that this season too, when we've been losing and had to go forward more. Centre halves who are so used to playing in a three that they don't take enough responsibility when they've played in a two. Wingbacks who don't cover well enough when they are being played at full back. Liverpool's third goal last night may be an example:

1712333973279.png

Meh....typical uninspiring SUFC/Wilder signing from our primary school level recruitment team...
Wilder's two seasons in the championship with us were both huge over achievements as was the 1st in the premier league....🤷‍♂️

Not happening, his wages are too high. He’s on 27k a week.

As far as previous targets/players I could see Holgate, Coady and McNair all coming in. Potentially Simon Moore as a backup if we don’t go for another number 1.

Probably not bad if it’s free but I wouldn’t pay any money for him

Not happening, his wages are too high. He’s on 27k a week.
If that’s true that is the reason why he is leaving Boro! That’s a big premier league money move. He won’t ever get that again. So needs to find a new home. We will be the bigger spenders in the league too in terms of wages.

If that’s true that is the reason why he is leaving Boro! That’s a big premier league money move. He won’t ever get that again. So needs to find a new home. We will be the bigger spenders in the league too in terms of wages.
Don’t bet on that mate.

I can see him going to one of the three who go up.

It doesn't matter what he's on now. It matters what he'll be able to get in the summer. And he won't attract a bigger, or more suitable, move than us - IMO at least. We're the best, most obvious fit for him

We normally do well with Paddy’s.

Very predictable Wilder signing but he’s a good player—a defender who can play a bit. Would be a good option at RCB if we persist with 3 atb.

Not crazy about his age profile though. 29 this month. We’d be his last big contract you’d imagine.

Very predictable Wilder signing but he’s a good player—a defender who can play a bit. Would be a good option at RCB if we persist with 3 atb.

Not crazy about his age profile though. 29 this month. We’d be his last big contract you’d imagine.
Can't see us changing from a 3 or 5 at the back,the whole club is geared to play that way.
We have to have an option 4 can work for us when circumstances allow it so flexibility with the squad is a necessity.
Wilder 1st time round did incorporate a 4 at times so the squad has to as I say have flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom