Out of time on MOTD.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be fair Lineker had introduced us as the incredible Sheffield United or similar. They've all been very complimentary all season.

Last game always gets least amount of time talked about and last game is always the Friday kick off.

No idea why some blades have a complex about stuff like this

Lineker refers to us as “the extraordinary Sheffield United “ and Jenas backed us up once again. It’s the laws and there implementation that’s the problem not VAR but Murphy saying it’s both as well as implying it’s not fair on the West Ham fans in true Tevez style. Funny as I can’t remember him saying that when we played Spurs or Man City. Runner up to Snodgrass for twat of the week

Lineker refers to us as “the extraordinary Sheffield United “ and Jenas backed us up once again. It’s the laws and there implementation that’s the problem not VAR but Murphy saying it’s both as well as implying it’s not fair on the West Ham fans in true Tevez style. Funny as I can’t remember him saying that when we played Spurs or Man City. Runner up to Snodgrass for twat of the week

He actually did though and was very outspoken about our disallowed goal at spurs.

He's been consistent all season with his anti VAR opinions and he's right

He actually did though and was very outspoken about our disallowed goal at spurs.

He's been consistent all season with his anti VAR opinions and he's right
I can’t remember him saying it was unfair on our fans and that Spurs joy was only on screen and not the raw emotion during the game as he did tonight which was my point.

To be fair Lineker had introduced us as the incredible Sheffield United or similar. They've all been very complimentary all season.

Last game always gets least amount of time talked about and last game is always the Friday kick off.

No idea why some blades have a complex about stuff like this
Not a complex just don’t understand why a pre recorded programme runs out of time. Could not care less what anyone thinks about us really but have you ever heard we have run out of time before ? I can’t but that does not mean it’s not happened.

Not a complex just don’t understand why a pre recorded programme runs out of time. Could not care less what anyone thinks about us really but have you ever heard we have run out of time before ? I can’t but that does not mean it’s not happened.

It's prerecorded by about half an hour to an hour, and it's not fully scripted, the VT links are scripted and the questions, but the analysis can overrun and often does, which is why they run out of time.

Yes almost every week he says we've now run out of time

It's prerecorded by about half an hour to an hour, and it's not fully scripted, the VT links are scripted and the questions, but the analysis can overrun and often does, which is why they run out of time.
Like my landlord this lot !

I don't get it there wasn't all this fuss when we had Egan,s goal at Brighton ruled out, yeah we were disappointed but none of the tears and hysteria being shown because it was Sheffield United rather than the media darlings West Ham. Most of us just accepted it and got on with it. Moyes, Rice should know the rules but clearly don't but why is a large part of the media taking their side it is just plain irrational. For once VAR got it right.

I don't get it there wasn't all this fuss when we had Egan,s goal at Brighton ruled out, yeah we were disappointed but none of the tears and hysteria being shown because it was Sheffield United rather than the media darlings West Ham. Most of us just accepted it and got on with it. Moyes, Rice should know the rules but clearly don't but why is a large part of the media taking their side it is just plain irrational. For once VAR got it right.

I'd be more worried about Moyes if I was a West Ham fan than the result.

Seemed to not know the rule, and seemed to have seen a completely different game to everyone else.

As poor as we were at times, we still could have won by 3 clear goals, yet Moyes says they deserved a point maybe more?

And he started Snodgrass on the bench. Clueless.

Mate, it's always the same tack. Cock-er-nee-godda-lavvem-gawd-blimey-Violet clarets, the Trevvahbrookin', workin' class 'eroes of the placky Blitz survivors {insert Bill Bailey cocknee piano music here} are served some serious injustice by the satanic VAR. David Moyes is rightfully furious and they remain anchored in the danger zone, some would say, deservedly so. Outside of this, for ninety minutes they played like cunts and gave the game to us. Let's all crowd round an hug each other in a collective orgasm of wailing grief. Football is dead! Football is dead! My lord! Football is DEAD!

However, some time ago Spurs capitalise on a frankly ridiculously debatable VAR decision to rescue a draw from a loss, Man City do the same and we get a goal shat out because of 'handball' given by VAR. People suck their cheeks in, all agree that rules is rules and VAR is 'something we're gonna have to get used to'. Zero tears. It's Sheff United, innit?

Fuck 'em.

pommpey

First time I have watched MOTD in ages. Purely because I can’t deal with all the fake transfer talk on Sky Sports. I thought we would be last on because of Friday night kick off but at least give us a bit of analysis. Don’t get me wrong I am not fishing for compliments from pundits, I would just like a fair playing field. European spot for a club with a budget the same as many championship clubs in recent years deserves more than that!

Not defending them but we won at Brighton so it didn’t ultimately have the same impact so that may have been part of it

Was the context of Friday's VAR decision new - an equaliser in added time that nobody in the ground appeared to question as the goal was scored? That made it particularly hard on West Ham. It doesn't make any difference to whether the decision was right or wrong, but it is part of the debate of VAR affecting the nature of the game and the fans' experience. But under this season's rule the decision was clearly correct. And for once, for us, very enjoyable!

The plastic Irish child, Rice, looked like a 14 year old who’d had his Xbox taken away when interviewed post match.
The VAR decision was correct as the rules stand at this moment in time, it's not VAR but the rules that need changing to suit VAR .
As for MOTD I don't bother with it,maybe its years of league one, watching channel 5 and now quest,I'd still rather watch that than motd talking about refs decisions all night.

First time I have watched MOTD in ages. Purely because I can’t deal with all the fake transfer talk on Sky Sports. I thought we would be last on because of Friday night kick off but at least give us a bit of analysis. Don’t get me wrong I am not fishing for compliments from pundits, I would just like a fair playing field. European spot for a club with a budget the same as many championship clubs in recent years deserves more than that!

MOTD have been pretty complementary all season especially when Shearer has been on who absolutely seems to love us. Last night was more to do with it being the Friday game.

Hope that decision broke west ham and they go down by one goal and drift down to league one for six years
Then they can come on here while dickheads like me rip the fucking piss out of them.every time their names mentioned

Of course that wont even come close to.how we felt having a load of ignorant wankers trying to tell us it was our fault we went down ( some of them even supported our club ) and rewriting history

Fuck 'em

The VAR decision was correct as the rules stand at this moment in time, it's not VAR but the rules that need changing to suit VAR .
As for MOTD I don't bother with it,maybe its years of league one, watching channel 5 and now quest,I'd still rather watch that than motd talking about refs decisions all night.

Fully agree with the first part.

As for TV, I just pay attention to whatever division we are in. In the 3rd Division years, I never watched premiership football, and didn’t really when we returned to the championship. That said, I’m very mardy - if we lose, I never watch any highlights!

Pundits loving us at the minute.

Agree...we seem to receive so much praise on Talksport it’s almost sickly and becoming a cliche.
However I have noticed that Alan Brazil has NEVER said one good word about us....don’t think he’s even bothered watching any of our matches
When anyone praises us he always seems to quickly cut them short.

BUT he’s always bigging up Leeds United saying how they are comfortably the best team in the Championship and he’d love to see them promoted.

Last edited:
Fully agree with the first part.

As for TV, I just pay attention to whatever division we are in. In the 3rd Division years, I never watched premiership football, and didn’t really when we returned to the championship. That said, I’m very mardy - if we lose, I never watch any highlights!
[/QUOTE]

Not just me then..

Murphy was so wrong about the ‘downgraded’celebration when VAR ruled out the goal.....it was every bit as good if not better than scoring a last minute equaliser ”Snodgrass what’s the scrore” was very satisfying indeed.

First season of VAR and some new laws and it's understandable there's going to be frustration.

Professional managers not understanding the rules and laws, however, makes them look amateurish.

Despite referees talking to clubs and players every pre-season and sometimes even before matches, it's ridiculous how often they don't get it.

The kicking the ball out when a player's down is a prime example of a simple instruction and change that has largely been unable to be understood and implemented.

Back
Top Bottom