Our system. shopping at TK Max, and integration.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

knowsnowt

Get to fuck!
Reaction score
Our system. It's a bit weird isnt it. Or you could say revolutionary. :D But either way its a system.a lot of players wont have played such a system before.

Shopping at TK Max. We kinda do dont we.
You know when you go in TKMax and you see a tiny titanium camping stove that's got 75% off, and to you it's an absolute steal of a price. Grinning from ear to ear as you've found a gem for pennies. You could say that about most of our squad.

Integration. Is it just me, or compared to other teams do our players take longer to fully get the system? Which very probably could be put down to it being a weird system.

I'm not sure what my point is, but looking at January, or even next summer, recruiting for our style isnt that easy isn't. It's not like we play 4-4-2 so new signings cant hit the deck running so to speak. I guess we could fit a Moose type straight in but elsewhere on the pitch is just about impossible.

So anyway. Thinking about it, im wondering if we can sustain this when injuries and suspensions hit. I'm really not meaning to sound defeatist, as in my head right now I see us finishing 10th-11th, which id have snatched Jeremy beadle little hand off at the start of the season, but yeah. Will integration start to hold us back, meaning itll take 3-4yrs for us to seriously challenge for a top 6 place.

And yeah I have been to the pub, andbibdrank an pint for everyone here I love. And I love each and every one of you. ❤⚔❤

Our system. It's a bit weird isnt it. Or you could say revolutionary. :D But either way its a system.a lot of players wont have played such a system before.

You know when you go in TKMax and you see a tiny titanium camping stove that's got 75% off, and to you it's an absolute steal of a price. Grinning from ear to ear as you've found a gem for pennies. You could say that about most of our squad.

Integration. Is it just me, or compared to other teams do our players take longer to fully get the system? Which very probably could be put down to it being a weird system.

I'm not sure what my point is, but looking at January, or even next summer, recruiting for our style isnt that easy isn't. It's not like we play 4-4-2 so new signings cant hit the deck running so to speak. I guess we could fit a Moose type straight in but elsewhere on the pitch is just about impossible.

So anyway. Thinking about it, im wondering if we can sustain this when injuries and suspensions hit. I'm really not meaning to sound defeatist, as in my head right now I see us finishing 10th-11th, which id have snatched Jeremy beadle little hand off at the start of the season, but yeah. Will integration start to hold us back, meaning itll take 3-4yrs for us to seriously challenge for a top 6 place.

And yeah I have been to the pub, andbibdrank an pint for everyone here I love. And I love each and every one of you. ❤⚔❤
Excellent for a Monday Night :)

Btw. Leon. Leon kinda hit the ground running. Or was I just blinded by his gloves? 🤔

I hope not, as in my limited experience, the shop has been getting progressively poorer with lesser chance of picking up quality at a bargain price.

"This post is brought to you by our sponsors, alkaseltzer

"This post is brought to you by our match day sponsors....Alka-Seltzer

I only came to this thread to see what shopping at TKMax was like, but then realised i don't need a titanium camping stove.

I won't be shopping there anytime soon.

Have you been drinking with Marcus Tullius Cicero ?

I hope not, as in my limited experience, the shop has been getting progressively poorer with lesser chance of picking up quality at a bargain price.

Vivienne Westwood polo's - £40 down from £100+. Replay jeans £35 down from 90+ rrp.

But you do have to get lucky.

Taking this post somewhat seriously...

I don't think we do play a weird a system. Yes our CB's overlap which is not unique but probably unique in UK but apart from that (which is probably 5-10% of our game) there's not much different.

We press high with pace and energy (most good teams do that these days), we play two banks of 3 which condenses things and makes it hard to penetrate (my missus does this), we push wing backs high up the pitch (again, good teams do this), McGoldrick links up well (can't score for toffee but transitions us well admittedly).....all these things aren't weird or new.

We just do things now that top teams have been doing for a while...I think we're just getting used to being a top team 😉

I know what you're saying re the system and integration. I often think our formation is like a very complicated dance move, very carefully choreographed. I think you make a valid point about someone having to step into this formation - I'd say especially in the midfield 3 which is crucial in allowing the CB's to go forward.

That said, I'm sure during training they will be preparing for this - albeit not the same in a real game situation. I think it was JOC or Lunny who alluded to it in a recent interview but he said he wasn't going to reveal secrets of when they go fwd and when not. So it's clearly a lot more complicated than just "bomb forward when we have the ball"

Taking this post somewhat seriously...

I don't think we do play a weird a system. Yes our CB's overlap which is not unique but probably unique in UK but apart from that (which is probably 5-10% of our game) there's not much different.

We press high with pace and energy (most good teams do that these days), we play two banks of 3 which condenses things and makes it hard to penetrate (my missus does this), we push wing backs high up the pitch (again, good teams do this), McGoldrick links up well (can't score for toffee but transitions us well admittedly).....all these things aren't weird or new.

We just do things now that top teams have been doing for a while...I think we're just getting used to being a top team 😉
we just play as a team .. Liverpool and Leicester apart, the rest look like 11 blokes bought off 'football manager' for exhorbitant fees who have been given a shirt and told to play a position, hoping their individual talent will be enough to wing it through

"This post is brought to you by our sponsors, alkaseltzer
"This post is brought to you by our match day sponsors....Alka-Seltzer

And if it feels like you are reading this twice, it means you need to take two....

It's complicated.....

Sang some sharp witted Blade at Ewood Park, pointing out a Blackburn fan taking his seat. 2006/7 Ish.? Ah the memories.We've never been short of a sense of humour.😁
It's still very much de rigueur whenever a tracksuit-clad opposition player's warming up on the touchline. 😁

The chances of us finding a player who understands our sytem, is good at differentiation and integration, and can do outdoor camping is slim.
Or did I miss the gist?

The system works and the tactics only seem to vary slightly home and away. It's one of the reasons we have a settled starting 11.

I attach no blame to Moore or Jags, but maybe Man U would not have got 3 against Hendo and Egan?

CWAK policy seems to be attack minded at home and away, no matter who we play. This should in theory make it easier to integrate individual when needed, like against Man U, but i think we all know the game might be slightly different with key players missing.

Expect more of this in December, but I hope CWAK don't change our attack minded, stylish football.

Maybe Wilder is implementing an 80's Liverpool style of recruitment. Does anyone remember how they used to buy a player, then not play them in the first team for about 12 months, then they'd turn out to be first class - perhaps that's what we've done with Lunny....

Kean Bryan to be a world beater next season? 😆

Back
Top Bottom