Our new chant: please learn it!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Follow follow follow
Sheff uniteds the team to follow
With Sammon, McNulty,
Adams and Billy
Jose and Matty Done

Would be 10000% better

Our new "Sheffield United's the team to follow" chant is becoming a popular one for this season at the moment. And I think it's probably one of the best recurring chants the club has ever had. It can go on for ages (Swindon away HT), a bit like Bradford City (Take me home) or Spurs (Yid Army). But my point is, I feel only 25% of BL be singing this chant; maybe because they don't want to? But most likely, they don't know the lyrics! To the fans that hum along to the tune and pretend to know the lyrics (WHEN YOU CLEARLY DONT!), it's;
Follow, Follow, Follow
(Wait 2 secs)
Like Murphy, Che Adams will follow
(Wait 2 secs)
Then we'll sign a few free's and a loan just to please
Where the money goes nobody knows!

Believe me, when 20,000 blades fans sing this none stop when we're winning, you'll see the goosebumps on your arms!

UTB! And keep up the good work Adkins!

Amended this for accuracy mate!

Follow, Follow, Follow
(Wait 2 secs)
Like Murphy, Che Adams will follow
(Wait 2 secs)
Then we'll sign a few free's and a loan just to please
Where the money goes nobody knows!

It's a copy of an imitation.

The unique terrace chant is a dying art. Everyone seems to use variations of the same thing with club names and players changed accordingly these days.
Personally I think 'Everywhere we go' is the worst of the relatively recent ones by far.

We used to have a decent songbook but it looks like we've lost it.

That was up there with the Sloop John B rip off that declared every town and city in the country as a shithole and had all away fans wanting to go home.

Top 5 Blades Chants for me:-

1) Hello, hello we are the Shoreham Boys
2) Can't Help Falling In Love with You
3) We are Bladesmen
4) United, United, the Greatest football team in all the world, in all the world...
5) Shoreham Boot Boys

Honourable mentions for YGGYFHKI & Barrel of Money.

That was up there with the Sloop John B rip off that declared every town and city in the country as a shithole and had all away fans wanting to go home.

"We're XXXXX XXXXX, we'll do what we want" sings the 15 year old, 6 stone wet through wearing a shit Polo Ralph Lauren baseball cap he got for Christmas from his Nan.

Good call. I'm sick to death of all the bloody Sloop John B derivatives. It's this decades Tom Hark.

Finest song we have is 'No Pig Fans In Town' to Home on the Range. Love that when it get's belted out loud.

I just hope the game we play after Jack Charlton rolls a seven isn't live on Sky when they do the nationwide minutes silence before all games. It will be carnage!

As impressed as I am that someone managed fit Diego's full name into a song (especially given how few writers of football songs understand syllables), we're currently on another manager who doesn't seem in any rush to play him.

Finest song we have is 'No Pig Fans In Town' to Home on the Range. Love that when it get's belted out loud.

I just hope the game we play after Jack Charlton rolls a seven isn't live on Sky when they do the nationwide minutes silence before all games. It will be carnage!

Completely forgot, classic.

To be fair to Jimmy23 he's not the one that has written this and is trying to get you to sing along. This is a blades song that is doing the rounds this year. It has been sang all season, if you've been away you will have definitely heard it.

Its a catchy song and when it gets going properly is great... But.. It needs changing. Diego shouldn't be anywhere near the song and we should say Billy instead of Sharpy.

And Che will be gone soon :(:mad:

Spice girls Wannabee is known for being the most addictive tune there is , to get a tune to enter peoples heads , we really need a song , were the lyrics match the Wannabee tune , any budding Elton Johns out there ?? What about Wannabee a Blade not a F****** Pig.

Follow Follow Follow
Spurs are the team to Follow
They've had Walker and Naughton and Che's the next
to Follow.

I have to admit that whilst i was one of those clamouring for Diego to get more of a chance last season i can't for the life of me understand why we sing a song with him getting the main part in it, he's done fuck all to deserve that.
This.

The quicker we sign a first team player who's name runs to 8 syllables, the better !!

Any suggestions ??

UTB

There must be an entire volume of anti-pig songs gathering dust somewhere, just waiting for a good belt out on Sheffield derby days. "Wings of a Sparrow", "Swinging a Pig", etc.
*Sigh* Nothing quite like a derby day.

Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow.
Christ is the man to follow.
He’s got a beard and sandals, swaddling clothes
And won the Bake-Off with fishes and loaves.

This version was brought to you in tribute to Big Mart

amnesty%20mart_zpsywqpgnwu.jpg

As impressed as I am that someone managed fit Diego's full name into a song (especially given how few writers of football songs understand syllables), we're currently on another manager who doesn't seem in any rush to play him.

This.

The quicker we sign a first team player who's name runs to 8 syllables, the better !!

Any suggestions ??

UTB

"A header from super Collo"

What's even worse about this entire song is that my Zanussi tumble dryer plays the first few bars of 'The Entertainer' every time it finishes so I end up being reminded of my skin crawling embarrassment whenever I do some washing.

Below for me is one of the finest hymns used in sport and is definitely one of my favourites. It is heavy and full of passion and I would love a Blades version of it I just wouldn't know where to start!

Vangelis – Jerusalem Lyrics
And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England’s mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England’s pleasant pastures seen?
And did the countenance divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among those dark satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear: o clouds unfold!
Bring me my chariots of fire!
I will not cease from mental fight;
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England’s green and pleasant land.

Back
Top Bottom