Our late Penalty appeal.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I listened to the Talksport 2 commentary.

Initially both commentators watched the video play-back and agreed “definite penalty”
One even said “there’s no way the ref can’t give this”

Then they must have watched another video play-back from a different angle.
One of the commentators said “hold on....from this angle it looks like the keeper got the ball first”

They then said “maybe it isn’t a penalty” and they laughed about how different camera angles can help change a decision.

That's true though. There were 2 camera angles shown by Sky, from 1 it looks like a blatant pen, and from the other it doesn't. The question is did VAR see both angles, and if not why not?

Was it really dismissed so lightly? They all said that it was a penalty. Did you see Souness on Sky? He ranted for a full five minutes about the disgraceful referees. Murphy was just pointing out (quite rightly) that it would have been an unfair result if we'd equalised. That's not bias - it's just the truth.

I'm not sure what else you expect them to do.
It was a penalty, doesn't really matter if we deserved it or not ......

That's true though. There were 2 camera angles shown by Sky, from 1 it looks like a blatant pen, and from the other it doesn't. The question is did VAR see both angles, and if not why not?
Both angles are shown in the video above and it's a blatant foul from both angles.

I had mixed views to be honest, growing up in an era when goalies were expected to clear everything out in that situation. However, the the key thing for me is that bogle got to the ball first. The keeper was already out of control. In many ways it was worse than lundstrams sending off at Brighton.

As a lot of people have already mentioned if that’s Salah, Fernandez, debruyne etc it isn’t even an argument it’s a penalty.
If this is the case and I have even seen pundits say this then it is corrupt simple as that.

The fact that the keeper took Bogle out at the knee is all that’s needed for the tackle to be reckless and it be a foul. Ball first, trailing leg....doesn’t matter. It’d be a clear VAR decision anywhere else on the pitch.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to argue? I 100% think it was a foul (and a red card). My point is that the media did not downplay it. Other than the commentator and co-commentator on Sky, every single pundit has agreed that it was a red - some of them being absolutely livid about it. The OP said that it was dismissed” by the pundits.

Back
Top Bottom