Our best goal scorer. Bill or Ol.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If your life depended on it to score ......

• Billy Sharp

Votes: 207 88.5%
  • Oli McB

Votes: 32 13.7%

• Total voters

Obviously over his career Sharp has done a lot more. However If your asking for right now then itā€™s Mcburnie

At this level Oli, below Billy.

Do the nets get smaller in the prem?

Heā€™s asking for who the best finisher is.

Yes Mcburnie can possibly offer more to the team over 90 minutes at this level (possibly). But if youā€™re asking who would score more if you offered them both 100 of the same chances in the same circumstances, then billy would dick all over Oli.

Yes Oli is about 10 years younger so has probably a higher ceiling and is worth more money in the market because of that, but that isnā€™t the question is it.

Just goal scorer. Nothing else.

Assume your life depended on it.

So quite important !

In the air or on the ground?

In a team on the break or well on top?

Now or next season and the season after?

Shame we can't play them together but pace rules at this level.

Do the nets get smaller in the prem?

Heā€™s asking for who the best finisher is.

Yes Mcburnie can possibly offer more to the team over 90 minutes at this level (possibly). But if youā€™re asking who would score more if you offered them both 100 of the same chances in the same circumstances, then billy would dick all over Oli.

Yes Oli is about 10 years younger so has probably a higher ceiling and is worth more money in the market because of that, but that isnā€™t the question is it.
Actually, the Op asks who our best goal scorer is. Not if they had the same chances who would be the better finisher. That isn't the question, yes sharp could possibly beat McB at this (possibly).

Now ignoring the rest of a strikers game a goal scorer just needs to score right? I made one assumption in this post and that's the Op is referring to them playing for us. In that case I stick by McB as he probably more capable of getting and taking chances at this level in our team.

Righdo.

Not sure how much legs this has left so here goes.

As things stand, itā€™s 103 Bill, 12 Ol. This is because 4 posters chose to ā€œspoilā€ their ballot papers and vote for all the candidates !

My bad really for not setting the poll up correctly šŸ˜Ž.

So what did it prove ??

Well, fuck all in all honesty. Was just a bit of fun when all said and done šŸ˜€.

And what was gleaned ?

I was honestly expecting, within the 4 walls of S2 4SU for an entirely different outcome. For it to be much closer. I would have had no
doubt that casting the net to a wider footballing audience would have resulted in a landslide (and fully understanding of the reasons why this would be so) but was much less sure of the outcome from ā€œwithinā€.

Which got me to thinking why is this so ??

The only answer I could come up with is that the forum, much like life in general, is heavily influenced by a minority that make a disproportionate amount of noise. That this disproportionate amount of noise distorts the perception of reality. It creates an untruth.

Now volume on a football forum canā€™t be measured in Db.

But it can be created by a minority of posters that, quite literally, live on the forum. That spend unhealthy amounts of time on here racking up a post count and monopolising shout box, mostly (But not always) being aggressive, rude and down right disrespectful directly to other forum members.

So, if this is anywhere near hitting the nail on the head, my personal learn from this is to drown out the noise. It really isnā€™t worth the dignity of any sort of response šŸ˜€.

As always, UTB.

In the air or on the ground?

In a team on the break or well on top?

Now or next season and the season after?

Shame we can't play them together but pace rules at this level.
There is no shame about it.

The quicker that you, and the gaffer realise that this is our worst front pairing, our most ā€œsub optimalā€, the better !

UTB

Agree.....thereā€™s this fashion these days where everything must be a polarised view/ opinion.
So itā€™s either Sharp is brilliant or Sharp is crap.

Don't think itā€™s ever as simple as that....all our strikers have different styles...different strengths and different weaknesses.
If we set tactics playing to a players strength then they start to look better than their normal standard.
If we donā€™t or canā€™t use their strength then that player starts to look very average.
All our players should be valued because they all have the potential to offer something to the team.
I think your earlier post was better. What you now seem to be inferring is that Wilder has a pool of ā€œhorses for coursesā€ strikers to match the perceived weakness of any opposition?
That being the case, why have we not scored a lot more goals?
Maybe Iā€™m just being argumentative, but your earlier post nailed it, despite calls for evidence to prove your case. ;)

Pointless thread

Absolutely correct.

Nothing more than a platform for the Sharp lovers to bang the Sharp drum.

How can you compare a 33 year old "veteran" of the game with 240+ career goals to his name, with a "rookie" (in comparison) striker 10 years his junior?

Righdo.

Not sure how much legs this has left so here goes.

As things stand, itā€™s 103 Bill, 12 Ol. This is because 4 posters chose to ā€œspoilā€ their ballot papers and vote for all the candidates !

My bad really for not setting the poll up correctly šŸ˜Ž.

So what did it prove ??

Well, fuck all in all honesty. Was just a bit of fun when all said and done šŸ˜€.

And what was gleaned ?

I was honestly expecting, within the 4 walls of S2 4SU for an entirely different outcome. For it to be much closer. I would have had no
doubt that casting the net to a wider footballing audience would have resulted in a landslide (and fully understanding of the reasons why this would be so) but was much less sure of the outcome from ā€œwithinā€.

Which got me to thinking why is this so ??

The only answer I could come up with is that the forum, much like life in general, is heavily influenced by a minority that make a disproportionate amount of noise. That this disproportionate amount of noise distorts the perception of reality. It creates an untruth.

Now volume on a football forum canā€™t be measured in Db.

But it can be created by a minority of posters that, quite literally, live on the forum. That spend unhealthy amounts of time on here racking up a post count and monopolising shout box, mostly (But not always) being aggressive, rude and down right disrespectful directly to other forum members.

So, if this is anywhere near hitting the nail on the head, my personal learn from this is to drown out the noise. It really isnā€™t worth the dignity of any sort of response šŸ˜€.

As always, UTB.

But the question asked was "who is our best goalscorer"....?

Billy has scored over 100 goals for the club where as Oli has scored 3.....so that's why the poll has returned the results it has.

if the question was "who is our best finisher at PL level" then you would have had a different response...

But the question asked was "who is our best goalscorer"....?

Billy has scored over 100 goals for the club where as Oli has scored 3.....so that's why the poll has returned the results it has.

if the question was "who is our best finisher at PL level" then you would have had a different response...
C9477949-95E5-410E-8C83-32F7EC989123.jpeg

FACT šŸ˜‰.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom