Player Suggestion Olympiacos Duo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yakblade

Reaction score
Not claiming to be ITK at all. A Greek lad I used to live with is a massive Olympiacos (and part time Blades) fan. He reckons we could do a lot worse than have a look at their two full backs. Elbadellaoui and Tsimikas.

Elbadellaoui would be available on a free. 28 so still a few years in him. Good going forward and solid defensively. Norway international so could get Sander to have a word. Wages wouldn't be too high either. Good competition for Baldock.

Tsimikas is one of the most highly rated left backs in Europe. My mate said he was on the verge of joining Nice for 7m last month but then nothing has been heard since. Again wages wouldn't be an issue as he was on a low wage at Olympiacos. Apparently Liverpool were interested and maybe still are. Only 24 so long term investment potential.

Both would offer good competition for Enda and George and allow us to rotate without losing too much quality wise. And if we could get both for less than 10m and decent wages that would improve us in vital positions for not much at all.

Know nothing about those two but wonder if we'll try for Camara was it? The midfielder and Cisse the huge centre half we've been linked with before

Already been very heavily linked with Camara. Would love Elabdellaoui to compete with Baldock. We have Berge who plays with him in the Norway team so should be fairly easy to convince him.

Elabdellaoui is class. Much better than Freeman as backup rb. With that stupid 5 subs next season, we really need to deepen our squad to compete, and Elabdellaoui creates plenty of chances for the national team.

Elabdellaoui would be a great signing and he's worth signing just for the variation of names we'll see on this board alone

Front runners:
Eladoorway
Elabdelaruio
Edlabrouwi
Labdelou

Elabdellaoui is class. Much better than Freeman as backup rb. With that stupid 5 subs next season, we really need to deepen our squad to compete, and Elabdellaoui creates plenty of chances for the national team.

Is it confirmed that it's 5 subs next season?

Is it confirmed that it's 5 subs next season?
It's all but confirmed. There was an Ornstein pod talking about this too. Apparently, the top brass had wanted 5 subs, even before Corona. And now that Corona happened they are not going to let this chance go.
If we don't make a fuzz, I can see this being the new normal...

Hope we stay clear of Elabdellaoui. Will be dreading listening to Roygbiv try and pronounce that.

Could have sworn i read that Elbadellaoui had signed a 3 year contract extension roundabouts xmas? Not that that means it's true!

All the stories I've seen regarding Elbadellaoui over the last few months all say he's out of contract and leaving this summer. Couldnt find anything about a renewal. My mate confirms he's refused to sign. Apparently they only offered about 15k so he couldn't have been on much to begin with

All the stories I've seen regarding Elbadellaoui over the last few months all say he's out of contract and leaving this summer. Couldnt find anything about a renewal. My mate confirms he's refused to sign. Apparently they only offered about 15k so he couldn't have been on much to begin with

Think it's true he's out of contract. We were linked with him a couple of months ago:

Omar is quite similar to Baldock as a player. He was a youth player at Man City and had a spell at Hull when they were in the Premier League, so should be able to adapt quite easily.

Assume we are in the market for a RB with Freeman being released

Just watched a video of Tsimikas and never realised how quick the lad is. Just flies past people and still manages to get really good crosses in. i know its only a highlights reel but looks really impressive. Would give us much needed pace in the squad

Back
Top Bottom