Ollie Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

INTERUNITED

Reaction score
What a player this lad is!! One of the finest midfielders I've seen in my 35 years watching the Blades. Some of his passing is breathtaking. I cannot believe he gets some stick from our fans at times, the man is sheer quality. Enjoy him Blades, you only get to see players like him once in a generation.

What a player this lad is!! One of the finest midfielders I've seen in my 35 years watching the Blades. Some of his passing is breathtaking. I cannot believe he gets some stick from our fans at times, the man is sheer quality. Enjoy him Blades, you only get to see players like him once in a generation.

There’s a bloke on our row who I can only assume has caught Oli with his Mrs every night for the last 15 years. Can’t bring himself not to slate him every week.

We’ll miss him when he’s gone. Oli that is.

There’s a bloke on our row who I can only assume has caught Oli with his Mrs every night for the last 15 years. Can’t bring himself not to slate him every week.

We’ll miss him when he’s gone. Oli that is.

I really don't get what he's done to upset some of our fans. He's the best midfielder in the Championship for me (by some distance). Probably the best midfielder I've seen down there in my time. And I agree, we'll miss him massively when he's gone!!

There are 4 behind me on the South Stand with a real hatred for Norwood. one of them I think only knows 3 words of the dictionary "f***ing h*ll Nowood"

Sublime today considering Fleck and Osborn took tiume to get into the game

There are 4 behind me on the South Stand with a real hatred for Norwood. one of them I think only knows 3 words of the dictionary "f***ing h*ll Nowood"

Sublime today considering Fleck and Osborn took tiume to get into the game

Same here.

I am glad we won today obviously but even more glad as It shut some moaning cunts up on the South Stand who have been doing my head in for the last month.

Totally agree

Gets ripped by self opinionated egotistical gob shites

When assessing a player think it's really important to know what you have.

Fleck tends to play those easy sideways/ backwards passing keeping possession ticking along, so he'll not be booed and not stand out for criticism.

Where as Norwood sometimes tries some very difficult passes, "the Hollywood pass", so he'll be the one who faces the moans and groans of a bad pass
However he sticks to continuing his strength because he knows sooner or later some of his passes will split the defence and result in a goal.

With Fleck you'll have constant 6 or 7 out 10 performances where as with Norwood, the nature of his game means he'll occasionally have 9 out of 10 (on a good day) or 4 out of 10 (on a bad day) performances.

Also love Norwoods personality and attitude, a down to earth model pro, a great person to have in the dressing room and at any club.

Yes and a big Burnley fan, he used to be a season ticket holder at Turf Moor as a kid, probably explains his humility.
He actually very rarely ever watched Burnley because he was in the Man Utd academy from a young age. He was far from being a Turf Moor regular. But you are right, he is a fan.

He can be and generally is v.good!
Sometimes like today his play and passing is exceptional.

We have a problem what do we do when we don't have him. Injuries or when he eventually leaves. Still only 31.

Said another thread when he’s gone only will he be fully appreciated, love the fact he’s actually quite nasty in his tackle never saw that until this season. Great player and can ping for fun, he’s took over from the old fleck as my favourite blades player, love him, some fans need to appreciate what a baller he is.

From the commentary on the stream I picked up today, so can't vouch for the veracity of these stats...

For this season's Championship:

Most tackles won: Norwood

Most passes into the attacking third: Norwood

Most assists: Norwood

Love this post well said sir
Watching United since 1964 aged 8 but the first great midfielder I remember quite vividly was TC
Norwood for me in the top 2 I’ve ever seen in a Blades shirt such a professional and what a player
He changed this club the day he walked through the door the missing jigsaw piece

He actually very rarely ever watched Burnley because he was in the Man Utd academy from a young age. He was far from being a Turf Moor regular. But you are right, he is a fan.

and had a season ticket for 2 years.

In todays match commentary build up on Talksport they made a big deal about him being a big Burnley fan and ex season ticket holder.
Technically correct but a bit misleading as you say he rarely had time to use his season ticket.

Back
Top Bottom