Old United games on You Tube

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think this is the Ricard game not long after we had expected to sign him. He was awful, and Merson blasts an terrible penalty over the bar in front of the away end.

I thought they were the equivalent of the Championship galacticos back then. But if you took out Merson, that Italian they had up front and the goalkeeper. They had some bang average players.

Remember Forest being stupidly good. It was a very strong division that season. Probably the strongest up until recently.

Remember Forest being stupidly good. It was a very strong division that season. Probably the strongest up until recently.

Odd thing was that despite the opening game I thought Sunderland were the best team that year, or certainly by the point the season finished. Forest seemed to just be steamrolled through by Van Hooijdonk – when he went on strike the next year I think they didn’t have much.

the all time classic from that commentator was a game when Tony Agana was through on one on one with a keeper..

”Now here’s Agana through on the keeper can he chip him?”

(Agana roles in calmly into the bottom corner)

”HE DOES !!!”

We used to reenact that goal (with that exact commentary) in the playground!

Couple of long lost Patrick Suffo goals v Grimsby at home.

He was a real talent that never fulfilled some ludicrous skill as shown here. Bit of a crackpot of course and do not play again after his Glasgow kiss to McInnis!

Recall the goal he scored v Rotherham too. Probably knocking about somewhere on youtube.

I watched that Grimsby game in The Green Man pub in Soho. Cardiacs had played a gig in London the night before and I'd kipped on my mate's sofa in Walthamstow. I travelled into town the next day assuming that I would be more likely to find a pub with the game on in the centre of London. Thus it was that The Green Man came up trumps.

As the match developed it was obvious only two people were watching it; it turned out the other bloke was a Grimsby fan so we watched it together and sportingly shook hands at the end. It's always much easier to shake hands sportingly when you've won 4-2.

Gillingham have got the full Adkins debut disaster to laugh at too.🤥🙄

I got as far as 10 minutes, at the point when we’re 1-0 down and Freeman plays a pea-roller of a one-two with Long from his goal-kick, before realising I haven’t recovered from the actual experience of seeing it in person.

Not a video but a match report of a game I remember well, particularly the snowball throwing incident. Not the most riveting listen unfortunately!

From our 3rd Division promotion season, December 1988 v Southend. No Brian Deane playing, he was injured.

the all time classic from that commentator was a game when Tony Agana was through on one on one with a keeper..

”Now here’s Agana through on the keeper can he chip him?”

(Agana roles in calmly into the bottom corner)

”HE DOES !!!”

"AND HE DOES!!!"

First match highlights are us v Spurs, never seen the highlights or coverage, but was there in the night.

Gazza got loads of abuse from our fans, if i remember correctly the ball had gone out for a corner to Spurs at the Kop end, a player was receiving treatment, Gazza was getting loads of stick whilst waiting to take the corner, someone threw a Mars Bar at him, which missed, Gazza picked it up, unwrapped it and took a bite out of it.

I've never seen the highlights of the home game against Swindon in 1980. After watching this I don't know how we got relegated. Good to hear a chant of 'United hate Jimmy Hill'!

I will have gone to this match, I can't remember it but yes the quality of some of the play is awful. During the minute's silence (that lasted about twenty seconds) I was looking for the 12 year old me stood to the right of the barrier near the front of the Kop. Sadly I couldn't spot myself!
I will have to watch the whole game later, I don't know the score but I think almost every game around then finished 0-0, 1-0 or 0-1.
There's the full match of Leeds United 5 Blades 1 from 1987 88.
Both teams absolutely shocking.
The football is so dire its unbelievable.
Wilder and Agana were playing that day.
Downes sent off as usual.

I've found footage of the first away game I went to, United losing 2-1 to Chesterfield in the 88-89 season. An entertaining game - Bryson misses an open goal, one of the worst fouls I have seen and bizarre post match interviews!

Back
Top Bottom