Old United games on You Tube

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's a funny story about the Wolves game. At 1:50.26 as Wolves are celebrating, the camera focus's on me and my fiance for the day. That's us where she's got her head in my lap. We went for the weekend and I proposed in a swanky Indian restaurant around the dock the night before. I was delighted that she said yes of course!

After the match we went to McDonalds which was full of Wolves supporters. We had a row and she threw the ring across the room. A Wolves fan picked it up and said "is this yours?" I grabbed the ring and she rang her other boyfriend, who I knew nothing about, to drive to Cardiff and pick her up. Which he did! Never to be seen again! Oh well! 🤣🤣🤣

What the…!? Is that a true story?

Delayed KO due to crowd congestion. Packed on the Kop. Decent away following.

Official attendance - 17000 🤔
Yes, I remember that was one of the more surprising attendances given in that era.

The first league game I can remember going to after the river plate game. I may have gone before that but this is my earliest memory

Watching Newport V Man Utd today got me remembering this game. It was our last game but we had to wait for the Burnley v Hull game the following Tuesday to confirm promotion. Without Kevin Arnott scoring our second goal we wouldn't have gone up.

Watching Newport V Man Utd today got me remembering this game. It was our last game but we had to wait for the Burnley v Hull game the following Tuesday to confirm promotion. Without Kevin Arnott scoring our second goal we wouldn't have gone up.

That day Hull failed to score against Bristol Rovers, in the papers in the next day there were reports saying that Rovers keeper Ray Cashley made several saves. A month earlier he let in 4 goals at BDTBL

Stan, Stan, Stan The Man!

Don Givens with a goal and a couple of assists, "a new hero for Blades fans".
The pitch is looking a proper old school mud bath here.

I've not seen these highlights before. An awful error by Steve Conroy for Wigan's third goal. The late Larry Lloyd was Wigan manager.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom