Official Retro Shirts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The original yellow one was without sponsor but the later ones had a sponsor (first division season). The drawstring one always had a sponsor. You're right, both were Umbro but there will be a licensing issue there.

Be great if they were sold again as retros. Still got the yellow but lost the other years ago.

I believe that's what the kids call an 'easter egg'.

Nostalgia often helps to dull the pain of the present, so what better than a retro shirt? 😁

Smart move to use them in that vid. They'll probably sell better than this season's efforts.

The original yellow one was without sponsor but the later ones had a sponsor (first division season). The drawstring one always had a sponsor. You're right, both were Umbro but there will be a licensing issue there.

Be great if they were sold again as retros. Still got the yellow but lost the other years ago.
Spot on. My yellow one had no sponsor, but my brother's did. The Laver was plain black (not one with a yellow outline as in the above picture). There were home shirts with sponsor too available at the same time (Yellow Laver block) - very limited numbers though.

They look shit cos they simply are not the originals. Also the shade of luminous yellow is not exactly how it was on the original.
They look as close to the original as you can possibly get, right down to the woven pattern within the material. And if they’re going to that extent I’m 99% certain the colour will be spot on. Score Draw and Copa are the industry leaders in retro shirts and I’d hazard a guess it’s one of those we’ve used. The ones done by gun retro were horrific - not fluorescent and the material pattern printed on.

The only thing wrong that I can see - aside from the missing Umbro logo (easily fixable) - is they look to have used the same Laver application for both shirts. The home shirt Laver logo has a yellow outline and if you look closely the yellow outline is visible on the away also. Hopefully it’s an early prototype and is solid black on the shirts released.

33B6690E-E537-42A0-A942-44BECA26AD29.jpeg

The only thing wrong that I can see - aside from the missing Umbro logo (easily fixable) - is they look to have used the same Laver application for both shirts. The home shirt Laver logo has a yellow outline and if you look closely the yellow outline is visible on the away also. Hopefully it’s an early prototype and is solid black on the shirts released.

View attachment 112222
Exactly, its not the same ! Maybe just me but I dont like remakes because when i wear an old 80’s/90’s shirt or old training top, people look, people smile, they get reminiscent and often they say something nice and its started many a friendly conversation in the pub and the concourse. The more remakes i see, i think it spoils it. They are special, cherished items that id never sell and are worth thousands of pounds now. Thats just my selfish opinion of retro shirts though

Exactly, its not the same ! Maybe just me but I dont like remakes because when i wear an old 80’s/90’s shirt or old training top, people look, people smile, they get reminiscent and often they say something nice and its started many a friendly conversation in the pub and the concourse. The more remakes i see, i think it spoils it. They are special, cherished items that id never sell and are worth thousands of pounds now. Thats just my selfish opinion of retro shirts though
With me people say, how the fck have you got into that you fat bstd, and they did fit once

In one of the surveys pre-Covid season they asked if we’d be interested in remakes of old shirts and which years. The Lime green, yellow and pinstripe home shirts from 1990 were all included as choices from memory.

You’re contradicting yourself a bit here. If they were the same then that’d make the originals less desired. Slight differences allow the originals to maintain it’s value.

I'll buy both, sold the laces home shirt a couple of years ago but still have the 89 away along with the shorts. It'd be nice to have one which isn't on the tight side.

The iconic away shirt is no where near enough toxic waste colour for me to take it seriously.

Id sell my original one for massive wonga if anyone interested 😉.

UTB

I've had a fair few retro shirts over the years, and despite them being worth top dollar, I'd love to see identical replicas, with the suppliers on.

If that meant I couldn't sell them for so much, and didn't get so much recognition, but everyone can enjoy those 80s/90s design classics, fantastic!! 👏👏

I'll buy both, sold the laces home shirt a couple of years ago but still have the 89 away along with the shorts. It'd be nice to have one which isn't on the tight side.
The one you sold wasn't brand new and on classicfootballshirts.com was it?

I'd happily buy the below two. Been looking for the teal away shirt for years!
View attachment 112239View attachment 112240
I've got the home shirt for that season, at the time no one liked it and we ditched it because it was so bad! Now it's almot a colectors item because it's still so bad!

I always liked the away shirt which was when we first got relegated in 1994 I think the shirt i from, the home diamond one was a season later. I've got the away 1993/94 one which I think was a great shirt, shame we got relegated in it though.

Back
Top Bottom