Official Retro Shirts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd LOVE them to bring a mock up of this out. Or better still base a modern day kit on this. I've always wanted one, can only ever find them online for mega money and in fat barsteward sizes...

View attachment 137351

One for £30 on Facebook, ideal if your surname is Johnson.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220611-162942_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220611-162942_Facebook.jpg
    924.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20220611-162947_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220611-162947_Facebook.jpg
    711.1 KB · Views: 40
I’d hazard a guess that at least one of those will be out next week. And eventually both.
Problem with the jade one is it's just a basic Umbro template as we couldn't wear the dark blue shirt after getting relegated from the Premier League. That makes a non-Umbro replica of it difficult as it's just made up of hundreds of Umbro logos.

Kind of funny how this one and the home shirt that replaced the diamonds are both really popular but were both never intended to exist if the original shirts keep their originally planned 2-year lifespans.

Problem with the jade one is it's just a basic Umbro template as we couldn't wear the dark blue shirt after getting relegated from the Premier League. That makes a non-Umbro replica of it difficult as it's just made up of hundreds of Umbro logos.

Kind of funny how this one and the home shirt that replaced the diamonds are both really popular but were both never intended to exist if the original shirts keep their originally planned 2-year lifespans.
Good point. Hadn’t thought of that. The navy one also features Umbro logos on the sleeve taping. Meaning both those won’t look as good reproduction wise.

Aside from the badge it’s not exactly retro is it. It’s just colour-blocked and taping. More retro style.

If they’ve been done by Score Draw again why not get them to recreate our old 80’s and 90’s track tops? They’ve done exactly that for other clubs they work with…

View attachment 135931

Turn the orange to Red and change the badge to our own on the Wolves top, and you have our mid 80's tracksuit top by Umbro.

The management staff had the same template in red with a black insert and white piping (see picture)

s-l1600.jpg

Turn the orange to Red and change the badge to our own on the Wolves top, and you have our mid 80's tracksuit top by Umbro.

The management staff had the same template in red with a black insert and white piping (see picture)

View attachment 137383
Yeah. Exactly this. The hard work is already done. The two retro shirts they got bang on. This retro range is just poor.

I'd LOVE them to bring a mock up of this out. Or better still base a modern day kit on this. I've always wanted one, can only ever find them online for mega money and in fat barsteward sizes...

View attachment 137351

I'd say that's getting released very soon

Just to add a bit more context the stores released a few bits and bobs with the colour scheme

The obvious thing here is that the away shirt has the original branding but the home can't have 'Avec' branding for copyright reasons I guess

I got the away one from the Sheffield Retros already. Not that I think it is an amazing kit, more that it is quite distinct.

So I'll be having to swerve this batch.

Missed out on the luminous away one so was hoping that might get another run.

I'd probably buy the diamond home one because it was also distinctive.

The home one they are offering is tidy but unspectacular. It will be interesting to see how well it sells. It also must hint that the official kit will differ sufficiently or it would be an odd choice.

I got the away one from the Sheffield Retros already. Not that I think it is an amazing kit, more that it is quite distinct.

So I'll be having to swerve this batch.

Missed out on the luminous away one so was hoping that might get another run.

I'd probably buy the diamond home one because it was also distinctive.

The home one they are offering is tidy but unspectacular. It will be interesting to see how well it sells. It also must hint that the official kit will differ sufficiently or it would be an odd choice.
I'm holding off getting the away one incase the luminos one makes a comeback

Away one already been done (albeit badly) by the club. Toffs did an excellent remake about 15 years ago. Also been done by unofficial sites. An odd choice as you’d have thought everyone who wanted that kit would now have a version.

Home one is actually an improvement on the original as it looks like it fits properly and hopefully won’t bobble in the wash.

Home one is actually an improvement on the original as it looks like it fits properly and hopefully won’t bobble in the wash.
Problem is, back in the 90s, that was the fit - baggy. I've got an original in a large and my god. Talk about big. (Though I am a medium so factor that in as well).

Away one already been done (albeit badly) by the club. Toffs did an excellent remake about 15 years ago. Also been done by unofficial sites. An odd choice as you’d have thought everyone who wanted that kit would now have a version.

I agree and the fact that these two shirts are the third and fourth releases suggest there's truth to the Umbro issues mentioned.

The 92 home and 89 away both used little to no Umbro details on the trim or sublimated into the actual design. AFAIK all the other 90s Umbro options most fans want to see have one or both of these.

If the Umbro issues can't be overcome I'm not sure where this range goes from here. Maybe the 98 home with thick black pinstripes? A couple of the 80s Umbro options might be feasible? Admiral 70s double sash away?

Had the original banana kit as a kid and bought the Toffs remake when it came out.

The club have got the collar and cuffs wrong on both their remakes.

Not that I'd ever buy or wear a replica shirt (which admittedly makes my opinion somewhat irrelevant), but I quite like them, particularly the banana kit which brings back some memories :) In fact both the home and away kits that season with the 'Bentleys' lettering were two of the best and most distinctive kits Utd have had over the years.

Bought the away kit as it’s my all time favourite but have never owned it. I used to have the home kit for it as a kid and was my 2nd ever kit.

I had the home kit from the same year as the away and it was itchy as fudge. My lad likes the away but i think it’s awful. Hey ho the new kit will be out soon.

Back
Top Bottom