Official Hawkeye reason given

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Check this shit out

Hawkeye.JPG

I reckon it was switched off. Either by the ref on his watch, it lost connectivity or the transmitter is fucking shite.

Either way, Sheffield United shouldn't have to pay for that level of inconsistency and infidelity. As it stands, we are. Strange how the fucking Premier League and Football Association are silent about this debacle today. This is entirely within their bailiwick. They have broadcast television proof at their disposal. Act now you fucking lavatory bowls.

Minus eight points now due to schonky decisions. Even with a 50% variance, we'd be in the European spots right now.

pommpey

Like to see the stills from hawk eye or even the video to prove whats being said

I think that section on Reliability & Accuracy needs to undergo - what's that expression - oh yes, "significant occlusion".

Like to see the stills from hawk eye or even the video to prove whats being said

Yes so would I, a couple of Sky cameras pointing everywhere on the pitch are better than 7 dedicated goalmouth cameras - pull the other one.

Something definitely didn't work!

I honestly think that the integrity of the game would be jeopardised far more by changing the results of matches based on an incorrect decision in the middle of the game that it would be by just leaving the result as is, however much it frustrates us.
Respect your interpretation of the situation, surely we must keep our individual views and turn our energies to support The Blades at Newcastle. UTB.

I live north of Birmingham in a massive Villa area. Wore a Blades top today and had half a dozen people say that it was a bloody joke and we were robbed grrrrrr

I'm sure sometimes the Premier League think they are WWE. What interesting stories can we fabricate? Which matches should we rig against actual football clubs. Only those whose face fits can sit at the top 6 table.

The lack of a PROPER response from governing bodies in a whole 24 hours just shows they aren't interested and it's been swept under the rug.

I have a love-hate thing for the Prem. Love it only because it's the top division and a chance to showcase Sheffield United to the country and to an extent the whole world. Hate it too because it appears to be corrupt and only concerned about £€$

Imagine winning EFL Championship and telling Premier League "Nah... Not for us. We want to defend our EFL title! We'll f**k your precious pyramid up even more."

I love the EFL. Mostly proper clubs with real genuine fans. We know this from our League One days especially. The EFL leagues are more competitive. When the Premier League split from the Football League. They should have gone separate ways entirely and run leagues parallel to each other imo. Because now we have a problem where clubs have come down into Championship and over inflated it financially because they are looking for a quick return. Didn't work out well for us did it?

I'm sure sometimes the Premier League think they are WWE. What interesting stories can we fabricate? Which matches should we rig against actual football clubs. Only those whose face fits can sit at the top 6 table.

The lack of a PROPER response from governing bodies in a whole 24 hours just shows they aren't interested and it's been swept under the rug.

I have a love-hate thing for the Prem. Love it only because it's the top division and a chance to showcase Sheffield United to the country and to an extent the whole world. Hate it too because it appears to be corrupt and only concerned about £€$

Imagine winning EFL Championship and telling Premier League "Nah... Not for us. We want to defend our EFL title! We'll f**k your precious pyramid up even more."

I love the EFL. Mostly proper clubs with real genuine fans. We know this from our League One days especially. The EFL leagues are more competitive. When the Premier League split from the Football League. They should have gone separate ways entirely and run leagues parallel to each other imo. Because now we have a problem where clubs have come down into Championship and over inflated it financially because they are looking for a quick return. Didn't work out well for us did it?

Like this post if you enjoy being a premier league team more than being a championship team.

Hawkeye Innovations owned by Sony Corporation, so they can fuck off, and their Playstations

The "incident" has already been added to the Goal Line Technology Wiki .... :)

What a great idea about the CHECK thing - wish I’d thought of it & posted it on the Dermot Gallagher thread 10 minutes earlier than you did on here. o_Oo_O
Needs referring to VAR.....
Lol! Credit where it is due - this was GodricBlade through and through in terms of an idea!

The comments from Clattenburg are interesting, especially where he talks about his experience with previous false reports from the watch...

United must insist in seeing the images! Can’t let this go!

Come on Hawkeye (VAR) Publish the image that the 7 cameras saw! (I personally don’t think they where working?)

Breaking news they have published them, copies below

spot_flow_6.jpgimages1.jpg2980.jpgSpotTheBallWebsite.jpgRobins-Spot-the-Ball-Facebook-app.pngSpot-the-Ball_Image_1_Multiple-Balls.jpgcolo_without.jpgone_without.jpg

Exactly, and as I stated in a previous reply if they admit the system is faulty even 1:9000 then why have they not temporarily suspended Hawkeye for further investigation ??

It’s not even 1:9000 tbh. How many times has Hawk-Eye actually been called on to make a goal line decision in 9000 games? I dunno...300? 400? More?? Less?? If the actual error rate is, say, 1in 300 then it doesn’t look that clever now, does it?

United must insist in seeing the images! Can’t let this go!

Come on Hawkeye (VAR) Publish the image that the 7 cameras saw! (I personally don’t think they where working?)

They are yet to reply to my polite request :)

Odds on me even getting a polite 'fuck off'?

There is a question, which hasn't been answered yet.

In Stockley Park, The VAR officials sat and must have seen the fucking ball cross the line. They therefore KNEW it was a goal. Regardless of whether Oliver got a bleep from the technology, they KNEW a goal had been scored. As Oliver waved play on, they still knew (and hopefully suspected) the tech had failed and that our goal had been wrongly chalked off. Not a minute later, play stopped down by our area for a free kick, so there was plenty of opportunity for those cloth-heads to buzz Oliver and tell him to check his pitchside monitor. They still knew that the whole of the ball had crossed the line.

Where is their fucking conscience in this?

pommpey

They are yet to reply to my polite request :)

Odds on me even getting a polite 'fuck off'?

They won't respond either:

1. It shows that the system is way below standard and unreliable
2. There, one angle which clearly shows the ball over the line

Let's be clear, they are saying that the watching public of 176 countries who saw the ball cross the line on Sky were simply imagining it, and because their tech didn't show what millions saw ... very clearly ... there's nothing to answer for.

Still think the club should take Hawkeye and the PL to court over this. It is two fucking points of eight we have been scammed out of already. You'd like to think that Lunny's ten-foot toe was one incident enough.

Now this.

pommpey

There is a question, which hasn't been answered yet.

In Stockley Park, The VAR officials sat and must have seen the fucking ball cross the line. They therefore KNEW it was a goal. Regardless of whether Oliver got a bleep from the technology, they KNEW a goal had been scored. As Oliver waved play on, they still knew (and hopefully suspected) the tech had failed and that our goal had been wrongly chalked off. Not a minute later, play stopped down by our area for a free kick, so there was plenty of opportunity for those cloth-heads to buzz Oliver and tell him to check his pitchside monitor. They still knew that the whole of the ball had crossed the line.

Where is their fucking conscience in this?

pommpey
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This, absolutely spot on.....AND why did Oliver not trust his gut feeling and check with VAR?

My e mail I have sent to 6 different e mail accounts on the Hawkeye website- if I dont get a response i will send it again and keep sending it - made me feel a bit better sending it anyway....

---

To whom it may concern,

I am emailing you to seek clarity regarding your statement of June 17th, 2020, following the application of your Hawkeye Goal Line technology during the Premier League match between Aston Villa and Sheffield United.

In the 42nd minute of the game a cross from Oliver Norwood was dropped over the line by the Aston Villa goalkeeper, No 25 Nyland as you refer to him. Those in the stadium (players, coaches, media) and watching on TV could clearly see that, in both live speed and immediately afterwards, with several TV replays from different angles (at least 3 shown on Sky Sports) the ball had crossed the line by some distance. The normal signal to the watch that should result from such a clear and obvious situation of the ball being over the line did not happen. The referee motioned that nothing came up on his watch to players enquiring. We assumed at the time that there was an issue with the technology and it was not working properly. Whether it was human error or a glitch/fault with the technology this was the only rational explanation. This may have been in terms of not switching the system on, activating cameras, activating the watch, activating the cameras or ensuring the process was synced.

I was therefore very surprised and somewhat angered by the statement that you put out later in the evening after the conclusion of the game.

Your statement read as follows:

“During the first half of [the] Aston Villa v Sheffield United match at Villa Park, there was a goal line incident where the ball was carried over the line by Aston Villa goalkeeper, No. 25 Nyland.

“The match officials did not receive a signal to the watch nor earpiece as per the Goal Decision System (GDS) protocol. The seven cameras located in the stands around the goal area were significantly occluded by the goalkeeper, defender, and goalpost.

“This level of occlusion has never been seen before in over 9,000 matches that the Hawk-Eye Goal Line Technology system has been in operation.

“The system was tested and proved functional prior to the start of the match in accordance with the IFAB Laws of The Game and confirmed as working by match officials. The system has remained functional throughout. The system has remained functional throughout. HawkEye unreservedly apologises to the Premier League, Sheffield United, and everyone affected by this incident.’’

I would like to discuss some of the points you make and also ask some questions that I believe need to be answered in more detail using your very own detailed ‘How it Works? Guide’ contained on your own website – link shown below for reference.

https://resources.platform.pulselive.com/test/HawkEye/document/2015/08/10/6546e487-0c72-45f9-b4f2-3d45f649ae1f/Hawk-Eye's_GLT_How_it_Works.pdf

You accept that the match officials did not receive a signal to the watch or ear piece and that the seven cameras were occluded by the goalkeeper, defender, and goalpost.

Your own guide states that; ‘Camera Technology Hawk-Eye installs 7 cameras per goal, the most common location is on the roof of the stadium, however there is a great deal of flexibility in the camera positions.’

I would like to ask where the 7 cameras were located in Villa Park; due to the fact that at least 3 cameras used on Sky Television picked up that it had clearly crossed the line? The flexibility you discuss means it would be obvious from above (the most common location that you refer to in the above statement) and either angle of the goal on each side that the ball had crossed the line. You also state that the cameras were significantly occluded by players and the post. The evidence suggests this is incorrect as the ball was behind the post so the post or any player would not have occluded the ball as it was clearly visible. There seems to be no way that one of your 7 cameras would not have picked this up unless they were all located in the same place.

Related to this, you state yourself that ‘the system is able to locate the ball even if it is only found in 2 of the 7 cameras. There has never been a goal line incident where the ball would not have been seen by any of the Hawk-Eye cameras.’ I would suggest that you now need to change this statement as it is incorrect and legally may have ramifications for you; which I will discuss at the conclusion of my questions.

Your guide goes on to say that: ‘The Definitive Replay Hawk-Eye utilises a dedicated high speed camera capable of removing the players from the image, to ensure the ball is fully visible. This provides the definitive replay for broadcast and digital media’

Yet your statement is to the contrary stating that, ‘The seven cameras located in the stands around the goal area were significantly occluded by the goalkeeper, defender, and goalpost.’ So either your statement is wrong or the technology cannot remove players from the image? Which is it? Clarity on this would be useful.

Your statement post game goes onto say that “This level of occlusion has never been seen before in over 9,000 matches that the Hawk-Eye Goal Line Technology system has been in operation.’’ I am sorry but this is in my opinion not only incorrect but insulting to millions of football fans around the world. There have been multiple occasions where goalkeepers have carried it over the line, have been next to the post and other players have been in the line of a camera. This was not an incident where the ball was on the line and several players presided over a ruck and it could not be seen akin to that where a try is scored and ruled upon in rugby? The ball was clearly visible without the need to even remove players or a post.

However, as described above you have the technology to remove these anyway so it would not matter would it not? Your system has been used superbly in various leagues and I have actually praised how accurate, quick and reliable it has been. I have often marvelled at incidents where I was not sure one way or another but the checks and camera footage showed the incident and cleared up any doubt. This needs stating as not only a counter balance to the incident last night but also as reference to how this incident was any different to the countless others that have been picked up so clearly?

You go on to state that the system was working throughout but if it was working why did we not see any release of the 7 camera angles at the time the ball crossed the line? Surely, if these are released and we see the level of occlusion; then we can maybe consider your words against the evidence? Yet, none of these were released – why is that? You state the cameras and the system were working. For your own credibility alone showing the issues that the cameras had in picking up the ball being over the line would be of great interest for everyone and certainly for the clubs involved (of which they are numerous at both ends of the Premier League). It would at least restore some belief in your statement.

Millions of pounds are at stake for both teams in terms of European places and relegation. I believe that your apology and statement needs further explanation to re-establish credibility in your system which now as you admit has a serious flaw within it; if it cannot pick up a clear and obvious incident such as that of last night. I would hope for your sake that clubs do not open litigation at the conclusion of the season but believe clarity to some of the above and further evidence to the statement you posted, would be advantageous for your company moving forward.

I await your response to my queries.

Yours Sincerely,

Back
Top Bottom