Incoming? Nya Kirby

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On another thread some were slagging the scouting off for not picking up unknown gems and developing them into multi million pound players like Brentford and Peterborough do.

Now we're potentially linked with a player who we could do just that with he's not good enough.

Can't win sometimes with our fans

On another thread some were slagging the scouting off for not picking up unknown gems and developing them into multi million pound players like Brentford and Peterborough do.

Now we're potentially linked with a player who we could do just that with he's not good enough.

Can't win sometimes with our fans
If we sign him he's dogshit, if someone else signs him he's the greatest prospect in world football

Apologies, I’m not bright enough to find / start a thread regarding this lad but reckon Finbar Saunders will have a field day when ‘Anel plugs a gap in the back line’ etc etc etc

Showing your age / maturity level there Mackem! :)

Apologies, I’m not bright enough to find / start a thread regarding this lad but reckon Finbar Saunders will have a field day when ‘Anel plugs a gap in the back line’ etc etc etc
Apologies - I hang my head in shame
I note the ‘Anel’ threat has re-appeared, (no doubt ) replete with every possible double entendre

Bugger😳

Agree BMS but like the youths coming through,(Brunt, Neal, etc. how many will be able to operate at (hopefully! (top)) Champ level?
That's a good question and I think we can only judge our promising youths by seeing them in L1 or L2 minimum. Take Łopata (defender) for e.g, he looked levels above Southend and conference level last season. Brunt too. I'd like to see the likes of Neal, Brunt, Seriki and Łopata at L1 level this coming season, or top end L2 level.

I do expect all those 4 mentioned to be future first team players soon, maybe in a couple of seasons. But it's all about how they can handle the step up in leagues.

That's a good question and I think we can only judge our promising youths by seeing them in L1 or L2 minimum. Take Łopata (defender) for e.g, he looked levels above Southend and conference level last season. Brunt too. I'd like to see the likes of Neal, Brunt, Seriki and Łopata at L1 level this coming season, or top end L2 level.

I do expect all those 4 mentioned to be future first team players soon, maybe in a couple of seasons. But it's all about how they can handle the step up in leagues.
Brooks did it but he was exceptionally good so maybe an unfair comparison

Ideally, you'd think the club would want Gordon to have a loan as well, and I'm sure he'd get League 1 interest. Harry Boyes did well at Solihull, and might be expected to get League interest, and if the club decide to loan out Peck or Arblaster, they may well be good enough to start at L1/L2 (whether we think that's best, who knows).

All in all, quite exciting when you think there could easily be 6 lads playing league football on loan next season, and can hopefully come back the year after and properly challenge for a first team shirt here.

Negative side is, unlikely any of them will be ready this year, and I hope we don't rush them through for the sake of bodies/saving cash. Patience is the name of the game.

Ideally, you'd think the club would want Gordon to have a loan as well, and I'm sure he'd get League 1 interest. Harry Boyes did well at Solihull, and might be expected to get League interest, and if the club decide to loan out Peck or Arblaster, they may well be good enough to start at L1/L2 (whether we think that's best, who knows).

All in all, quite exciting when you think there could easily be 6 lads playing league football on loan next season, and can hopefully come back the year after and properly challenge for a first team shirt here.

Negative side is, unlikely any of them will be ready this year, and I hope we don't rush them through for the sake of bodies/saving cash. Patience is the name of the game.
Spot on.

on Boyes: If Boyes can get a loan spell at L1 or 2 and shows he's good enough, I'd actually sell Enda next summer (not sure what his contract is). Think injuries in PL badly impacted Enda. Before his injuries he was awesome, but we've not seen that since.

From what I've seen of Boyes he'd add something down our left, great crosser and took a lot of corners for our u23s, sharing with Brunt. Solid defender too.

We desperately need a CB in as quick as possible so that we can send Gordon on loan. Needs to bulk up a bit, and I'm sure a good loan spell this season and he'll be a ready made beast and a Bash replacement. Hopefully Ahmedhodzic signs cos he can play LCB and RCB. Presumably we're signing him to upgrade Robbo.

Spot on.

on Boyes: If Boyes can get a loan spell at L1 or 2 and shows he's good enough, I'd actually sell Enda next summer (not sure what his contract is). Think injuries in PL badly impacted Enda. Before his injuries he was awesome, but we've not seen that since.

From what I've seen of Boyes he'd add something down our left, great crosser and took a lot of corners for our u23s, sharing with Brunt. Solid defender too.

We desperately need a CB in as quick as possible so that we can send Gordon on loan. Needs to bulk up a bit, and I'm sure a good loan spell this season and he'll be a ready made beast and a Bash replacement. Hopefully Ahmedhodzic signs cos he can play LCB and RCB. Presumably we're signing him to upgrade Robbo.

We need to be tying them down to extended contracts before we send anybody out on loan. Off the top of my head Lopata, Gordon, Seriki and I think Brunt are all out of contract at the end of this upcoming season.

So if they're planning on being out for a season you're looking at a minimum 3 year contract for them so they don't go out, have a storming season and then are immediately into their last year of their contract.

Spot on.

Enda's contract is up next summer but more importantly, we'd have to pay the majority of his contract to just get someone to take him. Nobody would give us a penny

Back
Top Bottom