Incoming? Nya Kirby

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BigBed

Aboard the sinking ship......
Reaction score
Crystal Palace midfielder, 22, on a free.

No knowledge of this player. Any Robin Hood?

Played a total of 17 league games on loan at Blackpool and Tranmere scoring 1 goal. But for some reason didn't play any league games last season.
I wouldn't get to excited by this signing if it happens.

Good England youth career including winning the u17 World Cup with a very talented group will know some of the lads already like Brewster and there’s apparently prem interest in him as well but he wants first team football.

That said as others have pointed out he’s failed to make an impact on the club game

About our level then. Apparently contact has been made anyway.

20 games and 7 goals in u23s premier League 2 last season.

Quite a few players from THAT U-17's WC winning squad have made the step-up and are having good careers in top-level football, but Kirby isn't one of those players (as, so far, is Brewster imo) and his lower league loan spells have seemingly been somewhat average.
Why then, would we bring Kirby in?, and what message does/would that send out to our youngsters at the club!!??

Quite a few players from THAT U-17's WC winning squad have made the step-up and are having good careers in top-level football, but Kirby isn't one of those players (as, so far, is Brewster imo) and his lower league loan spells have seemingly been somewhat average.
Why then, would we bring Kirby in?, and what message does/would that send out to our youngsters at the club!!??
What makes you say average? I saw at least one tweet where he was Blackpool's player of the month.

That's a bit silly isnt it?
Kirby has played league football, hes been at Palace for years, won a World Cup, has some experience.... I think that our youngsters, that are younger than him, will welcome him in, why wouldnt they??
And, he knows Brewster already, but hey, let's just write him off straight away shall we.
Unfortunately, this is the pond were fishing in, it's time to get used to it.

Why not wait and see? Slagging players who nobody has seen but looking at his wiki makes you a fucking expert is strange?
Can you imagine in this day and age signing a striker from Donny for £30k there would be mass suicide on this forum

Why not wait and see? Slagging players who nobody has seen but looking at his wiki makes you a fucking expert is strange?
Can you imagine in this day and age signing a striker from Donny for £30k there would be mass suicide on this forum

Or a £12,500 goalkeeper from Wimbledon or whatever the fee was

Or a midfielder on a free from Cov......oh.

This is just having a moan for the sake of it…

What does signing a 22 year old have to do with the prospects of a 17/18 year old… especially as PH has demonstrated he’s more than willing to give opportunities when the chance arises (how many debuts in the last year?).

I admit I don’t know anything about him I’ve never seen him play but palace have a good record of producing exciting homegrown players and this is pond we are shopping in. Can only assume you’ve watched him extensively to inform your opinion about how crap he is.

This is just having a moan for the sake of it…

What does signing a 22 year old have to do with the prospects of a 17/18 year old… especially as PH has demonstrated he’s more than willing to give opportunities when the chance arises (how many debuts in the last year?).

I admit I don’t know anything about him I’ve never seen him play but palace have a good record of producing exciting homegrown players and this is pond we are shopping in.
Plus he’s an attacking midfielder I can’t think who’s pathway he’d block maybe Ayari but I don’t think he’s ready for significant champ minutes just yet other than him we don’t really have an attacking midfielder coming through. He won’t block Ndiaye as it’s his shirt to lose at this point given he’s proven himself at champ level.

That's a bit silly isnt it?
Kirby has played league football, hes been at Palace for years, won a World Cup, has some experience.... I think that our youngsters, that are younger than him, will welcome him in, why wouldnt they??
And, he knows Brewster already, but hey, let's just write him off straight away shall we.
Unfortunately, this is the pond were fishing in, it's time to get used to it.
There's a distinct gap between where our 17-21 year old youth products are and the first team. This is mainly due to the fact that several of the previous youth players haven't made the grade, and the fact that the PL spending didn't build any depth to the squad.
A 22 year old from a PL academy who hasn't really played enough football and now needs to kick on. We can assume that he's technically proficient but not shown anything as yet in the Professional game. He could flop, but he isn't in too much of a different position to Ndiaye at the start of last season and he's costings us very little.

There's a distinct gap between where our 17-21 year old youth products are and the first team. This is mainly due to the fact that several of the previous youth players haven't made the grade, and the fact that the PL spending didn't build any depth to the squad.
A 22 year old from a PL academy who hasn't really played enough football and now needs to kick on. We can assume that he's technically proficient but not shown anything as yet in the Professional game. He could flop, but he isn't in too much of a different position to Ndiaye at the start of last season and he's costings us very little.
Exactly, definitely worth a punt on a free.

Plus he’s an attacking midfielder I can’t think who’s pathway he’d block maybe Ayari but I don’t think he’s ready for significant champ minutes just yet other than him we don’t really have an attacking midfielder coming through. He won’t block Ndiaye as it’s his shirt to lose at this point given he’s proven himself at champ level.
And if he’s ‘blocking his pathway’ he must be doing pretty well, so it’s fine

Lots of tweets from burton fans suggesting he’s training with them

Ndiaye's record and age was hardly inspiring and if he was a free agent now without a season behind him I think we'd all be a little wary but he became one of our better players. Not to say every 22 year old who has hardly played will be as good but we have a example of how some take longer to break through.

Huge misunderstanding here.

Hecky was actually asked if was interested in a game of curby, and said "Ah, gu on then..."

Lots of tweets from burton fans suggesting he’s training with them

Not surprising really, he’s an England youth player and Burton use St George’s, the England training ground.

Wonder if he called up Gareth to put a word in?

I've given up deciding whether a player will be decent or not before seeing them with my own eyes playing for us.

Some of our best signings over the last few years have been derided before even putting on the shirt and multiple have been slagged to high heaven by the clubs they've just left.

Fleck, JOC and Duffy weren't exactly bad signings were they!

Back
Top Bottom