Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

toledo

Reaction score
How on earth can he have been let go by Brighton: 10/10 performance today?. He ran the show today. Playing in front of the back three, he vision and passing is a delight to see.

What amazes me is how he makes these cross-field passes to feet time and time again to both sides of the fields.

He was absolutely brilliant today.

toledo

How on earth can he have been let go by Brighton: 10/10 performance today?. He ran the show today. Playing in front of the back three, he vision and passing is a delight to see.

What amazes me is how he makes these cross-field passes to feet time and time again to both sides of the fields.

toledo

It’s no coincidence that the team is playing free flowing confident football since his signing!
Just as it was no coincidence that the level of performance dropped last season after Coutt’s horrible injury... we’re very blessed to have both those players at our club.

It's very standard EPL quality. He'd be nothing special in that division. But he's with us, and it's fucking great'

He's made a brilliant start. He has proper laid down the gauntlet to Coutts. Will take on on the flack here but in my opinion he's way ahead of Coutts in ability.

I love the way he plays short passes to his left with the outside of his right foot so that they curve forwards in front of the player, encouraging them to move forwards - and those long flat passes arrive at such pace that they are impossible to cut out.

How we stole this guy is incredible!

True Magic

Switch to 4-4-2 and we've got him and Coutts in the team. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

What about fleck and Duffy?
I assume he means in a diamond. Problem with that is both Norwood and coutts would be better suited to the base of the diamond and we have nobody really to fit in the RCM position. Obviously we could shove one of them in to there and get all four in the team but it would be a bit square Peggy round holey and would disrupt our long standing formation.

He's made a brilliant start. He has proper laid down the gauntlet to Coutts. Will take on on the flack here but in my opinion he's way ahead of Coutts in ability.

Aye, agree, though nice that should injury happen, Coutts is now available to step in. Norwood of course. has the added ability to put in a bloody scary dead ball an` all !!

Different class at times. No idea how Wilder pulled this one off but fair play.

I love the way he plays short passes to his left with the outside of his right foot so that they curve forwards in front of the player, encouraging them to move forwards - and those long flat passes arrive at such pace that they are impossible to cut out.

How we stole this guy is incredible!

True Magic

I love the way he strikes the ball so cleanly with both inside and outside of that wand of a right foot. You're right too, his high balls are not lobbed, but beautifully flighted to just clear the opposition heads and land right on the toe of our players, bringing it under instant control.

What a quality signing he is.
I really like how he wants the ball & seems to have so much time when he gets it.
Always the right pass & always accurate.
Fits beautifully into our midfield & they all allow each other to play their best football.

Just wish he could hit a decent dead ball......:rolleyes:

Should have signed him when Couttsy got injured would be playing in the Prem this season!

I assume he means in a diamond. Problem with that is both Norwood and coutts would be better suited to the base of the diamond and we have nobody really to fit in the RCM position. Obviously we could shove one of them in to there and get all four in the team but it would be a bit square Peggy round holey and would disrupt our long standing formation.
I actually think the diamond would be a good option. Coutts could play the RCM role with Norwood in the deeper role for me.

Coutts has an underrated ability to get to the byline with a great turn of pace and whip a ball in.

I actually think the diamond would be a good option. Coutts could play the RCM role with Norwood in the deeper role for me.

Coutts has an underrated ability to get to the byline with a great turn of pace and whip a ball in.
I don't think we will move from the 3-5-2. I think against the lesser teams away from home (Rotherham, Ipswich, Wednesday ;)) and most home games we will see Duffy, fleck and norwood or Coutts.

During the tougher games I think Coutts will come in for Duffy and either him or Norwood will sit behind the other 2. Kinda like Jorginiho at Chelsea.

I don't think we will move from the 3-5-2. I think against the lesser teams away from home (Rotherham, Ipswich, Wednesday ;)) and most home games we will see Duffy, fleck and norwood or Coutts.

During the tougher games I think Coutts will come in for Duffy and either him or Norwood will sit behind the other 2. Kinda like Jorginiho at Chelsea.

I think this will happen more often. We can play a flat 3 like at the beginning of the season, but we could also play with Washington up top so we have an outlet for the counter attacks. With Coutts and Norwood I don't think we'd have any problems creativity wise.

Oh I definitely agree. We shouldn't be changing anything right now but it's good to have other options.

He's not the best midfielder in this league.
Anyone who reads various social media will be aware that this title is held by Barry the Banana over at the sty.

I think we could see 4231 adopted sometimes with Coutts and Norwood sitting with Fleck flanked by two attacking mids.

We’ll also see a flatter 352 with Norwood and Coutts either side of a more advanced Fleck against some of the better teams.

Wilder probably has other things up his sleeve that we’ve not even thought of yet but 352 with Duffy should be our favoured system at home and one of them may have to miss out! Yesterday proves we’re at our best with that creativity though.

I don’t think Wilder will have to worry about making this decision for a couple of months yet though. It’s going to take the Roller a good few week building back up to true match fitness and to get into his stride.

toledo
Chris Houghton is a manager I respect highly and has done an outstanding job at Brighton , but god , he must have some world class players there to let our new golden boy go , he's the type of player that you don't mind paying the entrance fee alone for ! ( and apparently he's a hottie ???? ) according to my teenage daughter , and to be honest I must agree he's very hottie !!

That’s exactly how I see it.

Brilliant conundrum for the gaffer to have.

UTB

In a league of his own yesterday my mate took his nephew yesterday & I said to look at Norwood & watch & learn , gave master class on how a holding midfield player finds space , links up the defence & midfield and an absolutely sublime range of passing . His set piece delivery is top class and it’s no surprise that we now looking dangerous & scoring goals from corners & freekicks
Agree 100% that it was a 10/10 performance , sometimes a player comes into a team and it takes him weeks to adjust to the style of play or the players around him ,,but our system & his talents are a marriage made in heaven

Back
Top Bottom