Norwood Again

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ve never been a fan. His inability to get back to defend is a huge issue, he slows the game down and his Hollywood Ping was never going to work the same in the PL.
Watching him makes me feel sad about Coutts injury and the chances it may have cost him.
If it wasn't for Norwood we wouldn't have gone up, he was a different level to Couttsy, pre or post injury.
Let's not let his current malaise detract from the previous 18 months+. He was a game changing signing.

If it wasn't for Norwood we wouldn't have gone up, he was a different level to Couttsy, pre or post injury.
Let's not let his current malaise detract from the previous 18 months+. He was a game changing signing.

Not sure I can fully agree on different level to Coutts - different style players, and Coutts was a driving force behind us going top of the league in the Championship - but the way in which Norwood's role in getting us promoted and then our superb play in the Premier League up until lockdown is being largely forgotten is pretty astonishing.

Not sure I can fully agree on different level to Coutts - different style players, and Coutts was a driving force behind us going top of the league in the Championship - but the way in which Norwood's role in getting us promoted and then our superb play in the Premier League up until lockdown is being largely forgotten is pretty astonishing.
Coutts was fantastic at what he did, but didn't have the technical ability Norwood has. His set pieces are one of the biggest reasons for our promotion.

Coutts was fantastic at what he did, but didn't have the technical ability Norwood has. His set pieces are one of the biggest reasons for our promotion.
Yet he can't beat the 1st man with a corner at the moment.

No doubt he was instrumental in what we did in the promotion season and the first half of last season but that can't give him a free pass from criticism and we absolutely cannot afford passengers right now. Hopefully he (and others) rediscover some form but can we afford to keep him in right now in the hope that happens?

Yet he can't beat the 1st man with a corner at the moment.

No doubt he was instrumental in what we did in the promotion season and the first half of last season but that can't give him a free pass from criticism and we absolutely cannot afford passengers right now. Hopefully he (and others) rediscover some form but can we afford to keep him in right now in the hope that happens?
Nobody is giving him a free pass for that though, certainly not me

Norwood was one of the main reasons we went up, he sat in front of the defence and controlled the game, reminding me very much of Danny Wilson when he moved forward to then dictate from the centre circle.
Started the premiership campaign in a similar way and then mid term his form fell off a cliff and unfortunately he has remarkably managed to get worse.
Gives the ball away in dangerous areas
Very rarely misses the first man from dead balls Is unfortunately too weak to break up play when teams attack us through the middle
Loses his man

all in all he was good, became bad and had now got worse

offload in the window and use the money to supplement the signing of a young development midfield player I e the 18 year old kid from reading. Get two loans lcb and r midfield a d we have a chance of staying up

Norwood was one of the main reasons we went up, he sat in front of the defence and controlled the game, reminding me very much of Danny Wilson when he moved forward to then dictate from the centre circle.
Started the premiership campaign in a similar way and then mid term his form fell off a cliff and unfortunately he has remarkably managed to get worse.
Gives the ball away in dangerous areas
Very rarely misses the first man from dead balls Is unfortunately too weak to break up play when teams attack us through the middle
Loses his man

all in all he was good, became bad and had now got worse

offload in the window and use the money to supplement the signing of a young development midfield player I e the 18 year old kid from reading. Get two loans lcb and r midfield a d we have a chance of staying upHo
How much would we get for him?

He would do a good job for a team trying to get up from the championship but as we know they have no money. Therefore loan with option to
Buy and promotion bonus, I would hope to get back our initial outlay of £2 m but may have to supplement his wages.
All depends on who is coming in if we sell him

He’s struggling now is the point, although not alone obviously. Despite never having been a great fan he was good in the promotion season of course. And despite not being a great fan, l opposed the rather strange theory that he should have been marking Gallagher or patrolling a certain area, from a corner.

He would do a good job for a team trying to get up from the championship but as we know they have no money. Therefore loan with option to
Buy and promotion bonus, I would hope to get back our initial outlay of £2 m but may have to supplement his wages.
All depends on who is coming in if we sell him
that will more than likely be us bertie so i would keep norwood for 1 more year

He’s struggling now is the point, although not alone obviously. Despite never having been a great fan he was good in the promotion season of course. And despite not being a great fan, l opposed the rather strange theory that he should have been marking Gallagher or patrolling a certain area, from a corner.
Indeed, a weird take that he should've been marking Gallagher, it's just a case of throwing shit and hoping it sticks.

There are a few culpable parties from that goal, none of which are Oli Norwood.

that will more than likely be us bertie so i would keep norwood for 1 more year
I was selling when I said he could do a good job for any team trying to get promoted from the championship, I honestly think he has gone back too far to be a major factor in a united team. Hopefully he turns it round as we will then all be happy but his influence as a game changer, I.e. the ping maestro has evaporated.

Surely Mcshitty is scapegoat number one?
Followed by Lundstram, then Ramsdale, then perhaps Lowe, Berg, Stevens then Norwood. Then Baldock, Fleck, Bryan (straight into the charts) , Ampadu, Burke, Moose, Brewster, Egan, Bash.
FiH! Sharp can't even get on the list of scapegoats.

Unfortunately the facefuck militia (mostly fat blokes called mark who have never kicked a ball) have decided that Norwood ,McBurnie and Ramsdale are exclusively to blame for our present position and need crucifying on Fargate.

^ only Norwood😀

As a point of reference, not called Mark, slim, played football for Sheffield boys.
Professional bloke who has spent time with and knows football agents, few other things as well but entitled to my opinion as indeed you are to yours.

Last edited:
I was selling when I said he could do a good job for any team trying to get promoted from the championship, I honestly think he has gone back too far to be a major factor in a united team. Hopefully he turns it round as we will then all be happy but his influence as a game changer, I.e. the ping maestro has evaporated.
such a big gap though between the premiership and championship i think norwood could still play a big part in the championship even mcburnie might look decent again at that level

Back
Top Bottom