Match Thread Norwich City v The Mighty Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
So back on the road for the second successive weekend with the long trip to Norwich. 2nd against 4th and a game we really need to avoid losing. No mean feat though as they're a totally different proposition than last season, and indeed from earlier this one....

So anyway...

Any team news? :)

Start again unchanged?

Or does today's challenge suit Madine more?

But how to incorporate that change?

Was very disappointed last week despite knowing it was a tough game. This week I'd definitely be happy with a draw. But if out of the last 2 matches, you'd tell me we'd win 1 and lose 1, then this is the way round I'd have preferred it.... So a sneaky 2-1 Blades victory....

Safe journey all.

UTB

They are missing a few key players through injury so that could be pretty useful for us.

I've backed a 2-2 today, think we are gonna be treated to a reyt game!

I don’t got to away matches so travel safely Blades and
COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARDS!

Tough game,they're like Swansea 2nd half with more end product...Fancy us to get a result though...UTB.

Win and automatic promotion could be on.

Lose and it'll seem very unlikely.

Draw and that will be just fine.

2-2 would seem a very popular bet. I'd take that. We're way overdue a win in a game like this though.

If we win it will be our best result in footballing terms since we came back to this level.

It’s a must not lose in my opinion.

A draw and worse cease scenario is we are 3 points off top two tonight. Lose and worse case scenario it’s 6 points and that looks a lot with the fixtures we have over the next month.

Be interesting to see the team selection today, I think Wilder would like to play Madine, however who to drop? It would seem the obvious choice to drop Mcgoldrick, but Mcgoldrick will be desperate to play well and score against Norwich, so would he drop Billy? That is a big call as he’s the leading goal scorer and main goal threat

Historically, a game we would usually lose.

This team has the ability to win, but they've got to take their chances.

If Madine starts I will not be best pleased.

I’m usually very optimistic but I can’t see anything other than a loss. We simply have to score first as it’ll be tough to come back.

That said, Mrs SdP pointed out this morning that Norwich have won once at home since December 8th.

Don’t know how many games they’ve played but it made me feel better.

Be interesting to see the team selection today, I think Wilder would like to play Madine, however who to drop? It would seem the obvious choice to drop Mcgoldrick, but Mcgoldrick will be desperate to play well and score against Norwich, so would he drop Billy? That is a big call as he’s the leading goal scorer and main goal threat

Madine does seem suited to this sort of game, but I think he'll start unchanged and try our usual style. If it doesn't work bring him on ~60 mins and mix in a slight bit of hoofball-ish play (not full on mind, but a bit more direct)

Welcome to Norwich guys yous better be on your game otherwise we'll take you apart like we did to Birmingham at our last game(at home). We have a good ability to hold the ball developed before we starting scoring for fun this season, but respect to the Blades you guys should make us concentrate more in defense. Confident we can hold you, but it should be a good contest though as we are both good teams. Good luck ;)

If we win it will be our best result in footballing terms since we came back to this level.

It’s a must not lose in my opinion.

A draw and worse cease scenario is we are 3 points off top two tonight. Lose and worse case scenario it’s 6 points and that looks a lot with the fixtures we have over the next month.

I see what you mean but should we lose then at least we know that Norwich and Leeds will be taking points off each other next week, whilst we face Bolton. I fancy us to claw something back on one or both of them to be fair.

I agree it would be even better if we could grab something today mind.

Oh and up The Millers too, for today anyway.

Welcome to Norwich guys yous better be on your game otherwise we'll take you apart like we did to Birmingham at our last game(at home). We have a good ability to hold the ball developed before we starting scoring for fun this season, but respect to the Blades you guys should make us concentrate more in defense. Confident we can hold you, but it should be a good contest though as we are both good teams. Good luck ;)
You lot couldnt tear a fuckin tissue apart.deluded cants.

Got misen a decontamination session booked so that i dont take any inbred diseases out of norwich after the game

Very tough game today. A draw will be a very good result.

We managed to grab a couple of goals there last season with strikers that by the end of the season were a clear 4th and 5th choice. I’d like to see our best strikers for this one, and would like to see an unchanged team.

Pretty confident Madine will start this one.

Duffy or Dids to miss out and be on bench.

Rest of sIde picks itself atm.

UTB

C13A4F86-E2B7-4503-B748-E8BB4CE31C58.jpeg

We need to get rid of the monkey on our backs about losing to top 6 sides.

Solve that we can then approach the next big away game whenever it comes.

If I ask for anything, it's score when on top.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom