Non league blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShorehamRevolution

Reaction score
Who’ve we signed from non league in our history who’s turned out to be decent? I can’t even think of one !
I’m sure someone will point out some obvious ones to me.

Who’ve we signed from non league in our history who’s turned out to be decent? I can’t even think of one !
I’m sure someone will point out some obvious ones to me.
Che Adams. Wasn’t groundbreaking for us but is doing pretty well elsewhere really.

Che Adams? He'll be in the Prem next season with or without Southampton

There's a number of different models. Normally, we would be signing youngsters from non league clubs to fit into our Academy system. It would be unusual to sign a player from non league to immediately fit into the first team squad.

It's worth reminding - we signed Iliman N'Diaye (who, of course, wasn't even called that when we signed him) into the Academy system. And, it's even a stretch to say we signed him from non league. He was in the Boreham Wood youth system "momentarily" as a flag of convenience.

I don't think he played a senior game for Boreham Wood.

Jili Buyabu, who has made his first team debut, was signed from Hornchurch.

Kieran Wallace, perhaps not decent, but forever famed for his pea rolling free kick when we were chasing a game at the Lane.

I was at the shoe market late 70's one Friday morning. Morning Telegraph headline was ' Blades swoop for star striker'.

Turned out be Tommy Smith, ten grand from Bromsgrove, and he was crap.

Back
Top Bottom