No 10 come back?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
With berge looking likely to be out for a few weeks at least, surely it’s time to go back to using a no10

Mcgoldrick is our best player everything we do well goes through him he has go start and no10 is his most influential position
Play him no10 behind mousset/Brewster and we will have a fighting chance

I’d rather go down fighting than that pathetic defeatist performance against Southampton

I dunno if it will work but tbh it’s getting to the point now where we have nothing else left to lose so I don’t actually care what we do anymore

I don’t mind McBurnie as a player but I hate when he starts because I wanna pull my eyes out when we just launch the ball at him for 90 minutes. Tonight was a refreshing change in that respect.

McGoldrick is a great player, and has to be in contention for a start as often as possible for me. Brewster started to show his class tonight too. Said all season Burke will catch someone out chasing down with his pace and Moose is on his way back too.

So frustrating because the days of hoofing and picking up the bits are completely dead and buried at this level. For a team like us that don’t have much possession in games we have to make the most of it when we do have it. Boils my piss the games we’ve thrown away because we’ve expected McBurnie to turn into prime Wayne Allison.

When we actually get the ball down in the final third, we actually look like making something happen.

Bringing back the 10 might make us play nicer football... fuck me most of us were saying that last season.

Once we were safe last season I never understood why we didn't bring it back.

I really hope he doesn't bottle it and revert back to type, the performance in the second half was clear to see.

If we all saw it then I hope to god that he did and goes for it against Brighton. Would sooner lose 4-3 than a pitiful 1-0

Hope he does bring a no10 back and has the same effect when brought it back with Duffy in the championship. Went from strength to strength instead of the flat 3.

Even in the Championship, we dropped the number 10 in big games. We went with Bash in midfield at Hillsborough and Elland Road, for example, and the flat 3 certainly helped us last year. But we are definitely a more entertaining watch with an AM.

Couldn't agree more.

Chris keeps mentioning the system.

This isn't they system that saw us romp through 2 divisions. That system was 3-4-1-2.

Berge being out might be a blessing. No pressure to keep your record signing in.

Didzy behind a mobile front 2.

Just make sure there is enough legs in the midfield.

Bloody hell! I’ve just started another thread!
I agree though... I saw fight last night, if we’re going down let’s go down with a bang!
Fuck it... let’s prove everybody wrong and pull off the proverbial miracle!

With berge looking likely to be out for a few weeks at least, surely it’s time to go back to using a no10

Mcgoldrick is our best player everything we do well goes through him he has go start and no10 is his most influential position
Play him no10 behind mousset/Brewster and we will have a fighting chance

I’d rather go down fighting than that pathetic defeatist performance against Southampton
I think we 100% do this we need to win games and we always look better going forward when Chris makes the change to put a no10 in behind the strikers, mousset and brewster looked good together and I think it's quite easy to rotate mousset with Burke and brewster with sharp they are quite similar

Last edited:
Even in the Championship, we dropped the number 10 in big games. We went with Bash in midfield at Hillsborough and Elland Road, for example, and the flat 3 certainly helped us last year. But we are definitely a more entertaining watch with an AM.

We were lucky to beat Leeds and poor against Wendy

We have been great last year with a flat 3 with the mobility of lundstram/berge and the attack fork JOC

We don’t have either now we can’t rely on Robinson bombing forward cause it leaves us exposed at the back

Play didzy

Back
Top Bottom