Outgoing? Nigel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fucking Hell.

How bad would he rate the current situation here if he even contemplated the ultimate poison chalice?

Although I can see how a one year maximum length job with a huge compo cheque might be nice.

I wouldn't mind at all. He's done nothing to make me want him to stay so far. In fact he's done quite a lot to make me want him shown the door.

I'd urge a Warnock-style, no-nonsense, old school manager to be appointed in the highly unlikely event he went.

He'd be swapping Sheffield United for the Premier League Sheffield United.

They really are a complete joke.

No chance in hell they'll go for him though. Allardyce and Pearson would both be very good for them. If I was Big Sam I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole though.

I hope to god he doesn't go,I wouldn't pin the blame on our inconsistent start on him directly, it's the players and the lack of funds that is hindering us.
And seeing our best player go again.
Where is the Murphy money btw???

Oh come on ,he only craves a bit of attention.
985.jpg

If he was to go it would be a disaster for us in general but confirm things are not good behind the scenes. Worrying thing is the board would get compensation that they could invest in the team or spend getting bradfords manager

I am on my knees Nige, please don't leave me

Apart from the money Sunderland get for failure when they go down, blades will be on a par very soon.

To be fair, NA has absolutely no chance of being offered the job.

Many a true word spoken in jest . However everyone and there grandmothers are turning it down , so the odds will surely fall , as it gets closer to him.

Also Sunderland are looking at a structure of seasoned proffessionals and players via the academy . Never say never in the game of football , especially when this club appointed DeCanio after Swindon . Now that would be Sunderlands gain and our big loss.

Why don't you just give him a little more time, instead of throwing your toys out of the pram like the manchild that you are?
All i'm asking is an answer to a question but nobody can provide it.

All i'm asking is an answer to a question but nobody can provide the answer?

I want him to stay because despite our poor start to the season we look more of a threat going forward, aren't as boring as watching paint dry and he has a damn good record. We have had a rough start I agree, but at least we score goals, and at least the manager doesn't fill his post match interview with "It was a good point, but we could have won if it wasn't for McNulty."

And there is the fact that switching the manager so often like we have done has done us no good whatsoever, could even be a large factor of why we are still where we are.

Enough reasons?

if he got the job, we would stop paying his compo and use the money on some players. Problem still remains you need 3 people to do any deal and we generally can't find the 3rd person when it matters.

I want him to stay because despite our poor start to the season we look more of a threat going forward, aren't as boring as watching paint dry and he has a damn good record. We have had a rough start I agree, but at least we score goals, and at least the manager doesn't fill his post match interview with "It was a good point, but we could have won if it wasn't for McNulty."

And there is the fact that switching the manager so often like we have done has done us no good whatsoever, could even be a large factor of why we are still where we are.

Enough reasons?
I wouldn't say they answer the question, no.

Re: The style of play, isn't the success of that judged mainly by results? You can play as attacking as you like, but if the results are awful there's something wrong. That's the case with us.

Re: Switching the manager, similarly and just as plausibly, there's also the argument that switching the manager is a good thing. Look at Watford last season.

Back
Top Bottom