Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The “Kill him” man

Bloke who sat near me on the kop for about 10 years in the mid 90s to early 2000’s

Would at some point every game bellow out
DON’T JUST STAND THEERE KILL HIM” at one of our players, usually when the opposition were taking a throw in.

Near the back of gangway b?

Probably had a coronory if its the same bloke, not seen or heard him for years

Grumpy Pensioners: my dad and his pal, sit there moaning all game regardless of the performance/ result.

Near the back of gangway b?

Probably had a coronory if its the same bloke, not seen or heard him for years

Aye that’s were I used to sit before I moved more central and lower around the time of the Tripple Assault season,

The Proclaimers. Self explanatory really. Sat on the corner between Kop and John Street. Sadly I only see the solitary Proclaimer nowadays so always wonder what happened to the other? Unless they are just sharing the ticket and alternating :)

Alco - There's a old fella in the Westfield Corner, face like beetroot, always sings songs on his own and is clearly steaming from his morning/afternoons intake.

Saw him once staggering to his seat, 1 step forward 2 back, was hilarious viewing.
I'm not old

Great thread!

I started it of course 😂

Over the years there has been lots more of course...

I moved seats last season (not through choice) and have new names near me actually

Prince's selfie mates - Up to 10 seats on my row are filled by people from Arabian descent (in my Uncle's racist option). They all have free tickets and it is different people mostly every week. Come late (3.20pm and leave at 4.30pm). Spend most of the time taking selfies of themselves with the pitch as the backdrop

Don't worry pal - Everytime I get stressed about a team coming back or shout to wake up/cover; he says Relax, we are fine, no worries pal.

One song - Never makes a peep and certainly does not sing but when the McBurnie chant starts he bursts into song. Never hear from him again

I'm off - Self explanatory. Leaves 5 minutes before the end shouting, 'I'm Off'

Bloody Traffic - Comes in late. Always says 'Bloody Traffic!' Set off earlier mate. Uncle gets enraged by him

Will have a think about some of the away ones we have seen last few years too to add to the ones mentioned Webding?

Robert Snodgrass’s nemesis

Sits on south stand near the front.
Has his own personal duel with Snodgrass
Loves to give him abuse
But doesn’t like it when snodgrass calls him baldie
Got the last laugh when his goal was ruled out for Declan rice puddings goal.

He’s great.

Great thread!

I started it of course 😂

Over the years there has been lots more of course...

I moved seats last season (not through choice) and have new names near me actually

Prince's selfie mates - Up to 10 seats on my row are filled by people from Arabian descent (in my Uncle's racist option). They all have free tickets and it is different people mostly every week. Come late (3.20pm and leave at 4.30pm). Spend most of the time taking selfies of themselves with the pitch as the backdrop

Don't worry pal - Everytime I get stressed about a team coming back or shout to wake up/cover; he says Relax, we are fine, no worries pal.

One song - Never makes a peep and certainly does not sing but when the McBurnie chant starts he bursts into song. Never hear from him again

I'm off - Self explanatory. Leaves 5 minutes before the end shouting, 'I'm Off'

Bloody Traffic - Comes in late. Always says 'Bloody Traffic!' Set off earlier mate. Uncle gets enraged by him

Will have a think about some of the away ones we have seen last few years too to add to the ones mentioned Webding?
Do you think anybody might have a name for you?

“Look after it” is my stock phrase.

Not sure if he’s still attending but there was a bloke on the SS near us 15 years ago who cleaned his family’s 4 seats with a hanky before they sat down every game. The kid looked like he was bullied at school and the wife and daughter looked like they’d rather be at Meadowhall. It was when the wooden seats were still in. He’ll have a hazmat suit on when we’re allowed back in.

Robert Snodgrass’s nemesis

Sits on south stand near the front.
Has his own personal duel with Snodgrass
Loves to give him abuse
But doesn’t like it when snodgrass calls him baldie
Got the last laugh when his goal was ruled out for Declan rice puddings goal.

He’s great.

this the same guy who calls all the away players who are warming up wank? Very vocal first half then second half less so as the beers kick in and he falls asleep...

Have to laugh, on kop there was a guy couple rows behind that didn’t like Montgomery very much to say the least very vocal used to wear a Lonsdale jacket so me and my mate always referred to him as “Lonsdale” think he’s moved now but funny times

Used to stand on the kop before seats.every now and then. a bloke behind would shout get a grip united.
10 min after kick off a group of lads stood near us.probaly pissed.stated to sing loud come on uu come on uu.never knew what uu meant.

1994 95 and on BL lower tier.
A guy with a rasping squeaky voice yelling " it's a man's gaaaaame" about twenty times per match.

There's an illiterate cretin who advertises that he lives on the Manor while spouting opinions to anyone unfortunate enough to catch his eye.
In 2009 before playoff final he was adamant Craig Beattie was Jimmy the departed.
Can anyone Beattie that?

The twins - Two ahem...twins that go home and away that seem to be continually with each other whether in the pub, on the train or at the game.

Hat w*****r - Sure she is a nice woman but the one who wears the hat with all the badges. Harsh she got the W. I blame my mate.

I think we all know the twins - they go everywhere don't they?

Hat wanker, is married to a club official. Know her for years, nay, decades. Follows us everywhere as well and is married to a club official.

Why you would call her a hat wanker I have no idea. Quite insulting actually.

I love the blue and white striped pig on the back of the hatband :)

Micky Adams - bloke who sits at the back of H on the South Stand. Spitting image of our best ever manager. Could feasibly be his brother. He always turns up at least 10 minutes late for the game, at which point, me and my mate give each other a knowing look and say "Micky's here".

I think we all know the twins - they go everywhere don't they?

Hat wanker, is married to a club official. Know her for years, nay, decades. Follows us everywhere as well and is married to a club official.

Why you would call her a hat wanker I have no idea. Quite insulting actually.

I love the blue and white striped pig on the back of the hatband :)
Sounds like Sarah and the sportsman twins

Back
Top Bottom