Player Suggestion Next "Big" Signing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fair enough, I respect your opinion. Eze, I accept, has an excellent skill set. He's explosive, has power, pace and trickery. He's certainly got immense potential. What I haven't seen from him is the footballing intelligence and workrate of McGoldrick.

McGoldrick puts in huge defensive shifts, he glides all over the field, picking the ball up in pockets of space and gets us up the field. He's then able to hold the ball in the final third, slow play down and allow us to get numbers up field. He rarely scores, or assists - but the value he brings to our play is huge.

I see very few players, even in the Premier League, who can do what McGoldrick does. Eze, from the games I've seen, doesn't have that ability.
The thing with McGoldrick is that he’s pretty decent playing with his back to goal, as you say, he holds it up in the final third. He’s a proper striker who drops into midfield, not an attacking midfielder who moves forward to join the attack.

He’s the closest thing to mcgoldrick I’ve seen and is as good and only 21.

Seen that he’s our no1 target whether we’d be able to get him I don’t know. Depends if bigger teams are after him.
I think the best realistic option to play the McGoldrick role is Hwang Hee-Chan at RB Salzburg.

Plays as a second striker, drops deep into midfield to link up play, defends/presses from the front.

Wolves were linked with him in January but I think Salzburg rejected all offers after losing Haaland and Minamino. Would probably cost just shy of £20m. Whether that would be affordable or not who knows. If we get European football, finish this season and maybe move on Robinson then surely we could afford £20m.

No way Eze leaves London for Sheffield. Not going to happen. If he does go it'll be Palace, Spurs, Arsenal or, if they go up, Brentford
McGoldrick is a better player right now for our system than Eze, but over the next 5 years you'd take Eze 100% of the time

No way Eze leaves London for Sheffield. Not going to happen. If he does go it'll be Palace, Spurs, Arsenal or, if they go up, Brentford
McGoldrick is a better player right now for our system than Eze, but over the next 5 years you'd take Eze 100% of the time
Do you know him ? How could you possibly know ehrte he will go ?
Are you saying he would knock back Liverpool ,man city ,Everton or man yoo If Millwall come in for him ?

Do you know him ? How could you possibly know ehrte he will go ?
Are you saying he would knock back Liverpool ,man city ,Everton or man yoo If Millwall come in for him ?
Fine. If a top 4 club comes in and says he'll start for them he'll go there 🙄

Which is weird because Freeman has never really played as a winger and Duffy played most of his career as one.
You never find your true calling till you pitch up at the Lane!

On that basis how come Freeman can't play the Duffy role?
Hasn't got a good enough skill set. Can't beat a man like Duffy* or Eze or even Fleck but his crossing is decent.
* We'll never know if Duffy could've done it at this level.

He might be able to, but we don’t play with a “duffy role” any more.
We would (not all the time) if we had somebody who could competently play it without weakening the team (I feel Fleck could probably play this role).

We would (not all the time) if we had somebody who could competently play it without weakening the team (I feel Fleck could probably play this role).
We don’t know if freeman is competent there or not, McGoldrick probably could play there (his role is but surely if we were going to play with a “duffy role” we wouldn’t have loaned out duffy.

To be honest when mcgoldrick plays I don’t think we need anyone in that role. McGoldrick drops deep and the wing backs + Fleck and lundstram can push on, the system has been tweaked to make us a bit more solid defensively. Which seems to have worked.

The issue is when McGoldrick doesn’t play we tend to play a bit longer and IMO don’t look as threatening going forward. We need depth for where/how McGoldrick plays not where duffy used to play.

I'd say that he isn't used there indicates the manager doesn't think he's good enough for it.
I’d say we play a formation that doesn’t have a “Duffy role” any more so he can’t play there.

I’d say we play a formation that doesn’t have a “Duffy role” any more so he can’t play there.
It would be neglectful to limit your options for the sake of it, I'd say it's because we don't have the players for it but if Eze signed he'd be ideal.

It would be neglectful to limit your options for the sake of it, I'd say it's because we don't have the players for it but if Eze signed he'd be ideal.
He would be a good signing, he looks a good player with a lot of potential but for the money he would cost he would have to be a starter. With the clubs sniffing around him you would assume £20m +£50k per week

He’s the closest thing to mcgoldrick I’ve seen and is as good and only 21.

Seen that he’s our no1 target whether we’d be able to get him I don’t know. Depends if bigger teams are after him.

Jarrod Bowen was the perfect long term Didzy replacement IMO with the added bonus of goals as well.

If West Sham went down i’d hope we’d potentially look at him but if the rumours they gave him £80k a week are true then it’s a non starter.

With how well we’ve adapted to the big league it’ll be interesting how we approach recruitment over the next couple of windows as guaranteed upgrades (if there is so such a thing) will be either a) expensive or b) a gamble on a player stepping up from The Champ so not guaranteed.

Providing CW can get him right mentally and physically then I still see Moose and McBurnie as our best front 2. If they’re at the peak of their form then a replacement for either would be extremely costly.

With the clubs sniffing around him you would assume £20m +£50k per week
I'd say this was on the nail, we'd have to get those wages down (and or TF) Mr Bettis over to you.

Jarrod Bowen was the perfect long term Didzy replacement IMO with the added bonus of goals as well.
I was championing Bowen in the Summer transfer window(more as a straight striker though), think Wilder had been quoted 20m and West Ham reportedly got him for 18m. I wouldn't have paid over 10m back in Summer and I don't think he's done enough yet to say he's worth any more.

I'd say that he isn't used there indicates the manager doesn't think he's good enough for it.

Freeman doesn’t play in the Duffy role because we don’t have a duff role anymore. We have a lundstram role in RCM

The reason freeman doesn’t play is cause John fleck has gone up about 5 levels this season.
Freeman is more than good enough for us but he isn’t better than fleck so he won’t get a look in.

Back
Top Bottom