New ground

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No mention of the Bramall lane centre! Brearley had a great plan to turn the Lane into a multi sports arena.We got no support from the council infact they openly fought it .Spending public money to turn it down when we fought the decision in court.Brearley spent a lot of money trying to overturn the decision but failed! the council was riddled with pig fans at the time and spent public money on defending there decision .
If that had been Leeds,Manchester,Birmingham and even Nottingham which is a smaller city, they would have supported it as it was cost free to the local purse! .
All history now!, council still on our backs though !
What have they rejected that the club has proposed in the last 30 years? I can’t think of anything.

I’m guessing this Brearley proposal was around the era of Don Valley stadium being built? Maybe that’s why?

What have they rejected that the club has proposed in the last 30 years? I can’t think of anything.

I’m guessing this Brearley proposal was around the era of Don Valley stadium being built? Maybe that’s why?
No ! Before ! The stadium was to have a running track incorporated in the arena which would have stopped the need for all that money being spent on that white elephant!!.

The council chucked in countless millions for the new Brentford stadium. Did I see that Birmingham Council were/have promised £700m into their new stadium plans. Meanwhile in Sheffield you have SCC actively trying to shut down capacity in our ground. It’s mental.
If the council were chucking millions at it, I’d have insisted on them finding a more appropriate patch of ground.

It's these quirks that make grounds distinctive rather than just a bowl though.
The only people who don’t like “bowls” are usually fans of clubs who can’t afford to build one. Looking in my crockery cupboard now, bowls do come in different shapes and sizes.

The council chucked in countless millions for the new Brentford stadium. Did I see that Birmingham Council were/have promised £700m into their new stadium plans. Meanwhile in Sheffield you have SCC actively trying to shut down capacity in our ground. It’s mental.
Which Council funded the Brentford Stadium? Have you any links explaining that funding?
Anyone?

Which Council funded the Brentford Stadium? Have you any links explaining that funding?
Anyone?

Hounslow Council forwent? affordable housing contribution for 1000 units on the new ground site and quite possibly the 100 family homes on the old ground site. That would be a potential receipt of millions (about £10m based on a simple calc).

If I was a betting man I would wager that Hounslow Council also had a hand in the land purchase/assembly process.

It does get a bit murky as the councils do this in quite complicated ways…

Back
Top Bottom