New ground

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
A chance to see a new ground today. I was impressed, its very compact but they've avoided making it a soulless bowl. United fans in very good voice as well, love the Louruci song to the tune of Yes Sir I Can Boogie!!
Not a great game at half time I was confident we could get something out of the game. If Mcburnie had passed to Osborn just before they scored it could have been different.

Attachments

• 20240413_145757.jpg
    20240413_145757.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 126

They’ve done an excellent job to cram a stadium in there, just think what they could do with the space behind t’Kop…

Clubs like this and Birminghams new stadium plans announced the other day only reaffirm my belief that half the league will get a brand new stadium before anything gets done with the Kop.
Think Birmingham need a few things before a stadium

Clubs like this and Birminghams new stadium plans announced the other day only reaffirm my belief that half the league will get a brand new stadium before anything gets done with the Kop.
I reckon we'll get a new roof and do away with the poles as our next big infrastructure investment if we get promoted again. Just hope they consider doing it in a way it can be easily extended to increase capacity (which I think we do need in the prem but money...)

By my count at least 25 clubs in the league have got entire new stadia since the Kop last had anything done to it, and that's excluding the likes of Blackpool, Notts County etc who have had for all intents and purposes a new rebuild on the same site

The council chucked in countless millions for the new Brentford stadium. Did I see that Birmingham Council were/have promised £700m into their new stadium plans. Meanwhile in Sheffield you have SCC actively trying to shut down capacity in our ground. It’s mental.

The council chucked in countless millions for the new Brentford stadium. Did I see that Birmingham Council were/have promised £700m into their new stadium plans. Meanwhile in Sheffield you have SCC actively trying to shut down capacity in our ground. It’s mental.
One of the main reasons we are probably not attracting a buyer is SCC. Until we move to a one club council area that needs/wants premier league football in its authority area we won’t be able to compete…

It is actually entirely possible that Oxford might move out of the Manor Ground, gone non-league, got back into the league, and then moved to an entire new ground since we last did anything to the Kop

Our council don’t do us any favours but apparently Birmingham council are up shitcreek so I’m not sure how they’re managing that?

Birmingham City Council are effectively bankrupt. All non-essential spending has been cut and big job losses are happening, it’s unthinkable they’d be spending £700 million on a football stadium, coincidentally the amount that they need to find to settle equal pay claims. Michael Gove’s on the case, doing a bit of levelling up, or more accurately, levelling down :)

For all SCC’s faults I don’t see what they’ve done to prevent us building anything?

Think we all know mate why were lagging behind.😒

The board/owner have already signaled financial intent with announcements about a new training ground and investments to re-open the hotel.
If the first team get the benefit of a new training facility, it means Academy and womens facilities gain improvements.
The hotel investment is hopefully an income stream for the club, but it does not appear to indicate any stadium improvements.
More important than all that, is that fans get a team worthy of their support. Taken together, it’s a chicken and egg situation.
It seems that stadium improvements are as unlikely as ever, and high quality player acquisitions are also on the back burner for now.

No mention of the Bramall lane centre! Brearley had a great plan to turn the Lane into a multi sports arena.We got no support from the council infact they openly fought it .Spending public money to turn it down when we fought the decision in court.Brearley spent a lot of money trying to overturn the decision but failed! the council was riddled with pig fans at the time and spent public money on defending there decision .
If that had been Leeds,Manchester,Birmingham and even Nottingham which is a smaller city, they would have supported it as it was cost free to the local purse! .
All history now!, council still on our backs though !

Back
Top Bottom