New gibbs white chant

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We really don't, the new songs tend to be really shit. The old ones are decent.

There's no reason why the older generation can't educate the younger generation and get them singing some decent songs again instead of the generic shite currently being sang at away games. It's probably also worth pointing out to them that it's better to sing the songs and be vocal during the game, rather than in the concourse before the game.

There's nothing wrong with:

GCB, When the Blades go Marching in, Swinging a pig, Barrel of Money, Forever and ever, Sheffield United.

Interspersed with songs for whoever happens to be playing well on the day.

I know it makes me sound really old and grumpy but the newer songs really aren't a patch on these.
You’re old and grumpy

We need a bit more of

We hate nottm forest
We hate Sunderland too …etc

Your going home in a ST Johns ambulance

Six foot two , eyes of blue
Big (insert name having checked height and eye colour criteria) is after you

(Inset name) super star , wears frilly knickers and a playtex bra (having satisfied oneself that there is a reasonable chance of this actually being the case)

We really don't, the new songs tend to be really shit. The old ones are decent.

There's no reason why the older generation can't educate the younger generation and get them singing some decent songs again instead of the generic shite currently being sang at away games. It's probably also worth pointing out to them that it's better to sing the songs and be vocal during the game, rather than in the concourse before the game.

There's nothing wrong with:

GCB, When the Blades go Marching in, Swinging a pig, Barrel of Money, Forever and ever, Sheffield United.

Interspersed with songs for whoever happens to be playing well on the day.

I know it makes me sound really old and grumpy but the newer songs really aren't a patch on these.
I never said I liked this particular song but I don't want people to feel they can't have a go at being creative on a football forum.

I never said I liked this particular song but I don't want people to feel they can't have a go at being creative on a football forum.
I don't mind creativity, but it needs to be decent.

Has a song suggested on this forum ever made it to the terraces?!

That's not my point though, the point is that we have a perfectly good and fairly original set of songs that we could use, but no one wants to sing them anymore so they're being replaced by generic shit ones.

Like that mate

With the typo sorted it’s got legs

Good effort - keep them coming as we need some new songs

Ignore the criticism and don’t let it get you down (sure you won’t )

I had to deal with the same shit after I wrote the greasy chip buttie song , I was nearly driven out of town after I wrote you’ll never walk alone and considered jacking it all in when ooo ahhhh bob booker was ridiculed

I’m with you

Be honest - it’s all been going downhill for you since ‘Imagine’ (although ‘Space Oddity’ wasn’t too shabby) .

Still , if anyone gives you grief you can always say ‘ beat those motherfuckers ‘ and apart from ‘Wings of a Sparrow’ , I can’t think of any . :)

You could do to the tune of "feeling hot, hot, hot"

Morgan, Gibbs, White, White, White, White.... Maybe bit clunky to be honest.

Said it on another thread, we must stop shouting "you shit bastard, aaahhhh" to keepers. Makes us look lower league.

Iv just come up with this cheesy ditty 😂 (all ABBA fans my apologies!)
So...... I...... Say.......
Thank you Morgan Gibbs White, is the song I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy your bringing
We couldn't do without you i say in all honesty
Where would we be?
Without Morgan Gibbs White in our team
So I say thank you Morgan Gibbs White
For bringing joy to me
(exits stage left)

I still don't understand why the Badger, Badger, Badger song can't be used as Basham, Basham, Basham...

I'm going to keep posting this until he retires or leaves us.

Are the words too difficult?

It would go:

Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Norwood, Norwood (Mushroom), Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Fleck, Fleck, Fleck, Fleck (snake), Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham etc

Ticks the boxes of 1. Original 2. Easy to learn 3. Can be sung for a long time 4. Really annoying to the opposition

There you go kop, for when he returns, I've put it on a plate for you now...

😜

And don't get me started on how we didn't adopt Baby Shark instead baby give it up, for Billy Sharp!

Last edited:
You know what it's easy to have a pop at people coming up with new chants but I applaud anyone trying to create something for us to sing, we need more songs and an improved atmosphere, so I'm all for it!
I agree on improving the atmosphere, but no song ever made it from here to the stands, because wank. :/

Last edited:
To the toon of 500 miles, by the proclaimers.

I would wank our Billy off
And I would wank him off once more
Just to be the one who wanked our Billy off
Whilst living homeless on the moor

Roll one up
Roll one up
Roll one up
Bit of spice some spunk and tobacco

Roll one up
Roll one up
Roll one up
Whilst Billy wanks me off down on the moor

Roll one up
Roll one up
Roll one up
Mutually wanking off down the moor

Roll one up
Roll one up
Roll one up
Best song ever posted on S2uf4*

*Had to employ a little artistic licence with the postcode. But it still whips the op's all over argos car park.

You could do to the tune of "feeling hot, hot, hot"

Morgan, Gibbs, White, White, White, White.... Maybe bit clunky to be honest.

Said it on another thread, we must stop shouting "you shit bastard, aaahhhh" to keepers. Makes us look lower league.
how about no i love it

Iv just come up with this cheesy ditty 😂 (all ABBA fans my apologies!)
So...... I...... Say.......
Thank you Morgan Gibbs White, is the song I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy your bringing
We couldn't do without you i say in all honesty
Where would we be?
Without Morgan Gibbs White in our team
So I say thank you Morgan Gibbs White
For bringing joy to me
(exits stage left)

...and keep going please...

I still don't understand why the Badger, Badger, Badger song can't be used as Basham, Basham, Basham...

I'm going to keep posting this until he retires or leaves us.

Are the words too difficult?

It would go:

Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Norwood, Norwood (Mushroom), Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham, Fleck, Fleck, Fleck, Fleck (snake), Basham, Basham, Basham, Basham etc

Ticks the boxes of 1. Original 2. Easy to learn 3. Can be sung for a long time 4. Really annoying to the opposition

There you go kop, for when he returns, I've put it on a plate for you now...

😜

And don't get me started on how we didn't adopt Baby Shark instead baby give it up, for Billy Sharp!

That would annoy the fuck out of our opponents and even our own support.

What about the golden oldies -

Roll along Sheffield United Roll along
put the ball in the net were it belongs
When Gibbs White get's the ball
it's sure to be a goal
roll along Sheffield United roll along....

De dunt write em like dat any moor..... :rolleyes:

I think the existing MGW chant is one of the best one's we've ever had in fairness! Think we need a new chant for Berge since we're unlikely to qualify for Europe anytime soon, we could exchange Europe for Anfield perhaps?!

I think the existing MGW chant is one of the best one's we've ever had in fairness! Think we need a new chant for Berge since we're unlikely to qualify for Europe anytime soon, we could exchange Europe for Anfield perhaps?!
Hes Norwegian
He plays for the Blades with John Egan
Hes playing for Villa next season
Hes Sander Berge

Hes Norwegian
He plays for the Blades with John Egan
Hes playing for Villa next season
Hes Sander Berge
Now that would actually be a really funny adaption! It'll either be them or any of the current bottom half PL teams.

What about up front on the pitch though!??

Keep it simple with a nice 70s Xmas No.1...

Morrrrgan Gibbs Whiiite
Scores goals drifting in from the wing
His desiiiire....is always to be here
Oh Morrrgan Gibbs Whiiite...

OK, take the last line with a pinch of salt :)

There was a lad getting pissed off that we weren’t singing (Gibbs white) instead of each (ahh ha) on Monday v Bristol City which I found amusing….
Ps I always liked the glad all over song that palace sing and thought it could work ie
‘And it’s Morgan Gibbs white singing
Morgan Gibbs white singing Morgan Gibbs white so glad you’re mine’…

Back
Top Bottom