New: Dane Whitehouse interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I watched the interview yesterday.

I’ve met Dane a couple of times and I can back up the statement that Dane is a decent, down to earth bloke with no airs and graces and is well liked.

What wasn’t mentioned that when he had his career ruined by an utter cuntstump, he has moved in to a CAM role, very similar to the one Duffy played for us and had taken to it like a duck to water.

Sadly his career is remembered wrongly for that cunt ending it just as much for what a wonderful he actually was. I still don’t think Dane had reached his limit as in time we would have carried on just getting better and better

I missed the first half of the interview so don’t know if this was mentioned. Did Dane say why he wasn’t involved in the game anymore? Always wondered why he didn’t become a coach or try his hand at management.
You can watch the interview anytime or listen to the audio. I can tell you that he has been offered a role at United on matchdays.

"PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW"

Dane Whitehouse sets the record straight at 7pm on Sheff United Way YouTube channel 2nd February (available to watch after that anytime too)

Dane speaks about:
The Bassett days
Scoring against the pigs
The Ainsworth Tackle
His Dad jumping on the Vale coach
Did Gareth Ainsworth apologise?

Please Subscribe for free - https://bit.ly/3BsV4dc
Really enjoyed that Hal, thanks for posting. He’s got to be one of my favourite all time players. You and Nick to a cracking job, by the way 👍

I really enjoyed the interview, top bloke who needs to be left alone in a room for 5 mins with Gareth Ainsworth.

Danes goal record of almost 1 in 5 is exceptional for someone who played in midfield and occasionally defence. Many of those were scored in the top flight too. I seem to remember Dane being credited with a goal scored by Carl Veart once {or maybe it was the other way around}.

Great interview, Dane was my favourite player growing up, would always get number 11 on my shirt as that’s the number he usually had. He was a top drawer player and one of those who would have a contract for life at the club if I was running things.

Great interview that ,the first I've listened to but I'll try more now

Remember being at Bradford away when Dane got his first goal and jumped on the fence in front of me going mental

What a player

I was at Vale the day Dane got injured with the other 50,000 blades
Lesser free trade Hall = sex pistols all over again
Sorry if that's gone over your head ,if it hasn't your one cool mother fukka
I’m in the minority. I missed the vale game at home that brought Heath’s demise too.

"PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW"

Dane Whitehouse sets the record straight at 7pm on Sheff United Way YouTube channel 2nd February (available to watch after that anytime too)

Dane speaks about:
The Bassett days
Scoring against the pigs
The Ainsworth Tackle

As someone who has played football with Dane and Ainsworth there was no comparison. Dane was hard as nails but fair. Ainsworth was a horrible cunt who did those challenges regularly while playing with me. I have to switch tv off if he is on it. Makes me cringe the twat
"PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW"

Dane speaks about:
The Bassett days
Scoring against the pigs
The Ainsworth Tackle

"PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW"

Dane speaks about:
The Bassett days
Scoring against the pigs
The Ainsworth Tackle

Please Subscribe

"PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW"

Dane speaks about:
The Bassett days
Scoring against the pigs
The Ainsworth Tackle

Brilliant interview . As someone who has played with Dane and Ainsworth there really is no comparison. Ainsworth did these 'tackles' quite regularly in this period. He was a snidy cunt. Have to switch off TV if he is about. Dane was a cracking player. Hard as nails but fair. A real top man

Brilliant interview . As someone who has played with Dane and Ainsworth there really is no comparison. Ainsworth did these 'tackles' quite regularly in this period. He was a snidy cunt. Have to switch off TV if he is about. Dane was a cracking player. Hard as nails but fair. A real top man
Reveal yourself

One thing that has struck me about the interview is how much (the Ainsworth episode) still hurts Dane. I know we all want to know about the story surrounding the whole sad episode, but Dane never stands a chance of moving on while we're forever asking him about it. A catch 22.

Please, if you have a mate who 'doesn't do YouTube' can you tell them to check this interview out, I believe it deserves a wider audience and any help spreading the word for all the work we do and for Dane, would be much appreciated.

Here's the video and podcast links in one place:

Video:

Spotify https://spoti.fi/2Wus1Hi

Apple https://apple.co/3DjI4IJ

One thing that has struck me about the interview is how much (the Ainsworth episode) still hurts Dane. I know we all want to know about the story surrounding the whole sad episode, but Dane never stands a chance of moving on while we're forever asking him about it. A catch 22.
The complete obsession of Ingood Nick with it, was well ovrr the top. Dane just moved away from it and Nick fucking brought him back to it. I turned it off.

Fantastic, if not very moving watch this.

Dane was a little before my time, I was start to watch United just prior to that disastrous season when the side were dismantled under Spackman.

He could've easily turned away the discussion about the injury, but he talked openly and honestly, and I reckon that's due to your relaxed style as presenters, putting him at ease to talk about the very hardest of subjects.

You'd like to think that that was his account told now, he doesn't need to recall it any more. People can just be signposted to this interview instead, and he can get back to being remembered solely for being a Blade who gave everything for the shirt. The icing on the cake would be some sort of acknowledgement and apology from Ainsworth, to finally allow Dane to put it to rest.

As for Ainsworth, he can only be described as conducting himself with the utmost cowardice. All Dane has seemingly ever asked for is the decency with which he treats others - straight talking, honesty, humility. For Ainsworth to have not contacted him, despite countless opportunities over the years is downright disgusting and despicable.

Well done, Hal and Nick. Quite the shirt collection to end on there too, some absolute beauties. ⚔️

The complete obsession of Ingood Nick with it, was well ovrr the top. Dane just moved away from it and Nick fucking brought him back to it. I turned it off.
Dane wasn't coerced into discussing anything he wasn't ready for. He clearly wanted to get certain points off his chest.

Back
Top Bottom