New club crest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sore point?

Chengdu-Blades.png
Yeah, it didn't have yellow handles on the Blades!!!!
Disgraceful!!!

Looks brilliant and the members are all delighted with it:

http://scandinavianblades.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/42555804-scandinavian-blades-logo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad it has been approved by your members :) I didn't realise there were so many of you!!

I have been in discussions with the Geordie Blades contingent regarding a badge of our own, so far all we have come up with is two magpies, one holding a can of larger and one smoking a tab.

I'm glad it has been approved by your members :) I didn't realise there were so many of you!!

I have been in discussions with the Geordie Blades contingent regarding a badge of our own, so far all we have come up with is two magpies, one holding a can of larger and one smoking a tab.

Grand effort DB!

As for t'geordies! I think you should keep with the headwear theme and stick in a flat cap a la Andy Capp, maybe with a smerkin' tab sticking out from under the peak, like pet! :)

Edit:

Keep it going for the London Blades with a pearly titfer!

Surely a London Blades badge should feature a couple of racing bikes, a shed and these two somewhere at the back??

What about keeping it simple and having the Tyne bridge bonny lad?
It could also double up for any Sydney (Oz) Blades
:-D

Maybe a Greggs pastie or a man punching a horse?

I've got it; Wor Cheryl, the Geordie Princess. She's geet worth it pet!

I'm starting a campaigne to get her face on the hundred pund note. Aye and Sir Bobby on the 50, Robson Green on the 20, Shearer on a 10 and Jimmy Nail on a fiver......

Nope i hadn't noticed. The old one looks better, the new one looks like a work experience kid did it on the computer.
Which knowing how tight we are, he probably did.

I messaged Jim Phipps about the club not implementing the new badge correctly and shortly after the clubs twitter account profile picture was changed.

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 00.33.22.png

FIFA (Games Series) has also finally implemented the new badge after my email last year... Hooray

They've updated our crest perfectly. Not a huge fan of fixing what isn't broken- the changes are just subtle enough for it to remain the same badge. Some of the updated crests from recent years with their curvy shields and modern typefaces will look horrendously dated in a few years. We've used the same basic design since 1977, have only had a minor simplification in that time and yet it still looks contemporary.

weird thing is that the Jimmy crest is still on the GK shirts.. at least it is in the store anyway

Keep it going for the London Blades with a pearly titfer!

I thought the London Blades had been catered for when I saw this behind that fat bird on the Channel 5 programme:

d&r.gif
...but then realised it was a blatant rip-off by Dagenham & Redbridge. 'Dagenham' 'Daggers' Geddit? Why not have a fucking red bridge instead? Or, if they're that desperate for a local connection to portray on their badge, why not a crack den?

They've updated our crest perfectly. Not a huge fan of fixing what isn't broken- the changes are just subtle enough for it to remain the same badge. Some of the updated crests from recent years with their curvy shields and modern typefaces will look horrendously dated in a few years. We've used the same basic design since 1977, have only had a minor simplification in that time and yet it still looks contemporary.

I feel for the QPR fans, they had one of the best crests in football. Now they have one of the most generic badges ever devised.

Back
Top Bottom