New Blades Heaven podcast with Carl Asaba -- 'the Championship is a mess'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FH Team

Reaction score
Hi all,

Another eventful week for the Blades -- battering Burnley before a surprise result against Rotherham.

Carl Asaba discusses it all in the latest Blades Heaven podcast!

Also -- how would a good World Cup impact Iliman Ndiaye and Sheffield United? Get to know Enda Stevens -- and some good Oli McBurnie chat.

LINK: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dfhwr2

You can also download this wherever you get your podcasts. Please subscribe and if you can -- leave us a good review!

As always -- your feedback is much appreciated!

p0d7l20p.jpeg

Hi all,

Another eventful week for the Blades -- battering Burnley before a surprise result against Rotherham.

Carl Asaba discusses it all in the latest Blades Heaven podcast!

Also -- how would a good World Cup impact Iliman Ndiaye and Sheffield United? Get to know Enda Stevens -- and some good Oli McBurnie chat.

LINK: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dfhwr2

You can also download this wherever you get your podcasts. Please subscribe and if you can -- leave us a good review!

As always -- your feedback is much appreciated!

View attachment 147678
Prefer YorkBlade and the Sheff United Way.

Prefer YorkBlade and the Sheff United Way.

I said this a while back and they shot me down in the same way.

Don’t get me wrong it’s another United offering… but it’s too polished and insincere! I prefer my blades media to be blades led, to be raw and relatable.

Nothing against Asaba, but for me it’s all about fan led stuff.

Don’t get me wrong it’s another United offering… but it’s too polished and insincere! I prefer my blades media to be blades led, to be raw and relatable.

I’m not sure we’ve ever ‘shot’ anyone down. We’ve always encouraged people to give feedback, positive or negative.

I think insincere is an unfair word to use (and would argue Carl is sooooo passionate about the Blades) but admittedly this is different to some of the other pods out there — but that’s not such a bad thing. We’re not trying to copy anyone else, we just want to put more content out there for Blades to check out 👍🏻

Thanks for these. I really like the player interaction segments, would like those to be a bit longer if anything.

I’m not sure we’ve ever ‘shot’ anyone down
Would you not say this is shooting someone down?

All things considered, you're backed by the BBC. Nick and Hal at The Sheff United Way, along with all the others - ShorehamView, TravellingBlade, 4BladesInAPub and many more, are all doing this, SELF FUNDED.

These words may have been in jest, but it was still a very poor comment to make for me.

Big old corporate BBC, threatened by a few blokes in their bedrooms 🤣

Thanks for these. I really like the player interaction segments, would like those to be a bit longer if anything.

Thanks for the feedback 👍🏻 We have a couple of ideas up our sleeve so stay tuned 👀

Would you not say this is shooting someone down?

All things considered, you're backed by the BBC. Nick and Hal at The Sheff United Way, along with all the others - ShorehamView, TravellingBlade, 4BladesInAPub and many more, are all doing this, SELF FUNDED.

These words may have been in jest, but it was still a very poor comment to make for me.

Big old corporate BBC, threatened by a few blokes in their bedrooms 🤣

I think that was just Adam making a joke. We have the lads from the Sheffield United Way on the radio regularly.

Nobody has ever shot anyone down on here for offering feedback, which was the point I was arguing.

Anyway — there’s no need for negativity here. This is supposed to be just a means to highlight some content for Blades fans, not get into arguments about the BBC (and at the end of the day, whatever you think about the Beeb, we’re just local people trying to create content for fans).

What are they supposed to say in response to, "we don't like you as much as them"?

"Sorry about that Bladedownsouth, we'll delete the podcast and stop making them, thanks for the feedback".

What are they supposed to say in response to, "we don't like you as much as them"?

"Sorry about that Bladedownsouth, we'll delete the podcast and stop making them, thanks for the feedback".
If I had said that then you way have a point, but I didn’t did I…. I actually gave constructive feedback when they first launched the pilot

If I had said that then you way have a point, but I didn’t did I…. I actually gave constructive feedback when they first launched the pilot
Fair enough, didn't see what you said, just went off what mattbianco1 said.

They don’t have to say anything, they don’t need to defend what they’re doing, they’re in danger of protesting too much.

They don’t have to say anything, they don’t need to defend what they’re doing, they’re in danger of protesting too much.
Fair point. Though I suppose they'd counter that with wanting to engage with their audience.

Fair point. Though I suppose they'd counter that with wanting to engage with their audience.

This is very important to us.

I don't think we've been protesting at all really. Just engaging.

Back
Top Bottom